Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’re expectations are low then. He was doing OK but managed to still cost us the win by not being able to square the ball across without ballooning it in the air.

I said "great", not "perfect".

The rest is scapegoating BS.

Plus we most likely ended their title hopes. I would take that!

Frustrating not to win but I think hojbjerg might have been offside when the ball came in on that chance at the end. Imagine scoring there then it getting wiped off by VAR.
Yeah, that is all the sweeter. Could not stomach them winning the quad. I hate that City will take the title, but can’t take commentators as is and they’d be even more insufferable if it happens.

But yes, a lucky deflected equaliser is better than getting robbed by VAR on top of all the dodgy ref decisions.

I'm saying that Nuno was shit. I'm saying Conte is good. I'm saying that Had we had Conte at the beginning of the season we'd have amassed more points than we did in Nuno's first 10 games (this is based not only on me thinking that Conte is a better manager but taking into account the number of points he's amassed since becoming our manager, we've amassed the 3rd most points in the League).

Where is the bias in that? I haven't mentioned another manager's name other than Nuno's. (I prefer Poch to Conte if you want my opinion on that subject).
You're wasting your time trying to have a sensible conversation with spider Frank.
He is an expert on train timetables, though.

Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
Wait until Friday, i will!

hide GIF

Klopp is a cry baby loser. He complained about the same things the first time we played this season. He should be mad at himself that he’s so dumb he couldn’t figure out how to counter Conte twice.

They were more important because they're at a time of the season when dropping points invites other teams on to you and gives them fresh momentum, we handed the initiative to Woolwich. There's a reason Conte called all the games we had left cup finals.

Meh, the proverbial cup final is trading off the notion that if we win them then the prize is ours..... Not at all about encouraging other teams.

Last edited:

Interview in question. Ooh it makes me mad.

That man has been in need of a humbling for a long long time.

He seems to be saying Tottenham played for a draw, but I think he's wrong. If Spurs were packing it in with 5 at the back and not getting chances that would be one thing. But they were able to often have 5 back and maintain their shape AND get chances. Plus, they were a lucky deflection away from winning while doing that. I don't dislike Klopp, but blaming Conte for not finishing first is not classy. Every manager has to use the tactics best suited to stopping the opposition and winning. What was Conte supposed to do, install a game plan that played to Liverpool's advantage. I can't remember when I heard a coach of any professional sports team say something that ridiculous, and I live in America. :)

I’m really disappointed with a draw and I’m confused by our time wasting after Liverpool had equalised. That said, it was a great performance by us against an elite side. If this match was 3 games earlier or we had taken care of Brighton/Brentford than I would be jumping up and down about a draw at Anfield.
I think this shows why Conte is a proper manager and what we've really been missing. If he started subbing defenders for attackers and pushed up, Liverpool would have opened us up easily. By sticking with the plan, he earned us a valuable point and by sticking to the gameplan and hitting on the counter, we could have scored a couple times over at the end.

Mad that we’re disappointed to only get a point, says a lot about the performance. Gutted that Hojbjerg chance didn’t lead to a goal, he was terrific tonight as well.

Not the 3 points we needed, but to get a point at Anfield is always a good point. Also means we’re guaranteed 5th at least and have not lost to City or Liverpool all season.

Back Conte in the summer and this team is capable of doing something.

Back
Top Bottom