Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pointless building a new stadium and hiring conte if you dont deliver in summer levy. Onus is on you now mate and you know it. Conte and fans want luxury. No more poundshop crap anymore levy. No excuses imo otherwise time to leave and sell club.

As I said, solid enough defensively, but they managed to limit us to an XG of 0.12 if you take off Son's goal, without parking a bus themselves. Their X/G was ten times that without their goal.

If all we wanted was a draw then yippee, job done, but if we wanted more then it was all a bit underwhelming.

Neither team did enough too deserve to win it, but at least they were trying to. Felt like we were just doing nothing but trying to stop them.

I can live with a pragmatic performance, but if we are going to laud it, it needs to offer more offensively, even on the counter than we did today. We offered virtually nothing.

In what world should one strike off our goal.... ?????

Another day when XG on its own proves to be bollocks.

PEH hit the post, Davies & PEH could have scored....

I can't think of a noteworthy chance of theirs.

VVD hit the top side of the bar?

Did Hugo make a notable save?

As I said, solid enough defensively, but they managed to limit us to an XG of 0.12 if you take off Son's goal, without parking a bus themselves. Their X/G was ten times that without their goal.

If all we wanted was a draw then yippee, job done, but if we wanted more then it was all a bit underwhelming.

Neither team did enough too deserve to win it, but at least they were trying to. Felt like we were just doing nothing but trying to stop them.

I can live with a pragmatic performance, but if we are going to laud it, it needs to offer more offensively, even on the counter than we did today. We offered virtually nothing.

If you’d watched the game, which you clearly did not, you’ll have seen that our chances created were better than theirs.

Rewatch then apologise.

Offer nothing my fat arse.

We have done Klopp a huge favour by taking 6 points of City.... Always loves a dig, only reason I had any pleasure at FT was because it fucked his team. He's a cunt.

I have my preference for how I want us to play and it's not favourable to playing a low block. That said Conte's low block vs Mourinho's is chalk and cheese I can at least watch Conte's system whereas I found Jose's literally unwatchable. With Conte we don't hoof the ball up the pitch we play through the thirds of the pitch from back to front and I like how aggressive we are in either our defensive line as it was today but sometimes that's higher up in midfield. I loved our goal today, better than their deflected effort.

The physiology of football though is a strange one as I recall many a game under Poch where many fans (could have been me on occasion too) hoped Poch dropped his high-line and wish we sat deeper and countered when playing against certain teams that pressed very well, or teams that possessed a lethal counter-attack where we were picked off and lost with that teams only shot on goal.

We've played like Liverpool did today under Conte and there were a ton of complaints as we didn't get behind the defence, or play quick enough, just sending in endless crosses into a crowded penalty box that can be defended.

I'm quite relaxed for this year though, if Conte's got a pre-season and some further additions of his liking then I'm very confident of a positive season.

The place was silent at 0-1
Dead right. They’re all”Pool” crazy when they’re winning but when it’s meh or worse they’re a bunch of fucking Fannies. Awful fan base. Almost every scouser fan hasn’t set foot in the north west, let alone England.
Abhorrent club. At each and every level.
Possibly my most hated club. Raspy tongued know all cunts.

He really is a fucking jerk. You are fifth because you made the wrong coach in the summer. Klopp wants to be nice but he's just a sad clown
From the manager, to the players and especially the fans, playing against them is always an unpleasant experience.

Not because the game is hard to win, but because they're such horrible people.

He’s awful. Absolutely awful.

Really spiteful, mean spirited cunt. It’s even worse as every broadcaster have their collective tongues up his fundament.

I also cannot abide that dickhead routine he does on the halfway line staring at the opposition during warm up.

Total gimp.
You are also forgetting his neanderthal behaviour on the touchline. It's shameful.

If someone like Jose did that he'd get pelters for it.
Absolutely nothing when Klopp does it.

conte is right we need 6 tto eigght players

more attack minded ones who can bury chances will help
Even just 4 players could make us top 4 by a comfortable margin.

LWB, RWB, CM and LCB. That would comfortably secure us top 4. Frankly, they wouldn't even need to be top class, cos the ones we have now are that bad.

Let's say Cucurella for 35m, Dumfries 35m, Bastoni 60m, and Eriksen for free. A good chunk of that 130m can be recovered by selling many of our deadwood.

But you are describing the "feeling" and dare I say the feeling of the fan.

The only time a club can point to one game as "the reason why xxxx" is if their only point(s) dropped were in one game. Liverpool and City are getting close to this as both over the last few seasons have dropped so few points. But them dropping two points to us today is the same as them dropping 2 points against us earlier in the season, both of these games have contributed the same to their quest for winning the league. Just as us drawing to WBA (0-0) had exactly the same effect to us dropping 2pts against Chavs in the battle of the bridge, but everyone refers to that game, not WBA (or others).
Yes the points are the same but not the mentality, confidence, pressure, the overall picture of the season, the impact of losing. Therefore the approach is also different. Liverpool more then likely lost the title in this game because they could go a point above if they win. They wouldn't have known that the last time they drew a game (before the city game). Same applies to us for those two games. We knew exactly what it meant if we won or if we didn't. I agree with you on the WBA game and battle of the bridge being the same. But both were in the run in. Compare that west brom game home that season. also a draw. Totally different situation back then. We didn't know we were going to be in a title race, so the second game we should have been thinking differently..maybe more pressure was on us. Leeds doing us a favour would be massive. We then basically know we must win all the games because we will get top 4 if we do and we know it....6 months ago we would not have gone into the games thinking that

Last edited:
It was a near perfect performance. Defensively we couldn’t have been much better. I think what cost us was not doing better on a couple counters when it was still 0-1.

u wot m8 GIF

Back
Top Bottom