Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

“Smart but it makes it not easier for us on the other side”.

Erm, yeah thats the whole point…

Next time, we will just go toe to toe with you, and play exactly how you like your opposition to play against you…

:pocheyes:

ps. Gameplan executed nicely. Lads did well out there. COYS!

Let’s go one better… Why not let Klopp pick the team sheet and formation?

After watching bT sport I think the biggest thing we can take from this game. Is the fact that we had a week to prepare for this fixture. If they hadn't told us this on multiple occasions we'd be none the wiser.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great game. A couple of slip ups in defence, (we failed to see that Diaz was going to shoot and so failed to charge him down - bit like Dier backing off Ronaldo in the ManU game) but considering that our defence generally were magnificent that can be accepted.

My thought from the game, though, is I just hope that the team see that when they give it everything, they can beat anybody. They need to understand that working your butt off really does bring results.

Klopp is right.. We should have played football that suits Liverpool, we didn’t let them rip us apart which is bad for football.
God I wish someone would knock those Rylan style Hampsteads down his ignorant big mouth.
The cunt faces similar setups every other week, but he doesn’t moan when they win.

He’s a very sour man at times.

Amazed that there is not more chatter out there about the Red card they never got. Anyone else in a different venue, who isn't Liverpool assaults Son like that, gets an instant Red - either from the Ref, or definitely from VAR, if the Ref misses it..

When interviewing the big headed German twat, why don't interviewers hit him with these things. They all seem scared and in awe of the gurning prick.

This "famed" anfield atmosphere, is really a cauldron of hate that has been going for years. a viciousness from the fans that the officials feed off. Seriously, for VAR not to give a Red there is just unreal. It is what it was introduced for.

I guess retrospective action is now not an option as "var" deemed it OK at the time.
VAR has only strengthened the position of the teams that the PL want to succeed.

Amazed that there is not more chatter out there about the Red card they never got. Anyone else in a different venue, who isn't Liverpool assaults Son like that, gets an instant Red - either from the Ref, or definitely from VAR, if the Ref misses it..

When interviewing the big headed German twat, why don't interviewers hit him with these things. They all seem scared and in awe of the gurning prick.

This "famed" anfield atmosphere, is really a cauldron of hate that has been going for years. a viciousness from the fans that the officials feed off. Seriously, for VAR not to give a Red there is just unreal. It is what it was introduced for.

I guess retrospective action is now not an option as "var" deemed it OK at the time.
VAR has only strengthened the position of the teams that the PL want to succeed.

Yeh this was bad, if we did it to Salah there would be an outcry for weeks like the Kane tackle. It was 100% a straight red he aimed his elbow at his head.

Best team in the world?debatable, but totally devoid of class. Cynical dirty tacticsLiVARpool take a bow

Well it’s between Liverpool, City and Real Madrid for best team in the World right now but those three are above any others.

I’m hoping Real Madrid will prover otherwise this notion of “best team in the world” as they already did with the other “best team in the world” last week.

Real should 100% look at our performance, Real have much better players but our tactics where spot on to fight Liverpool.

I think retrospective action died with introduction of VAR. I bet they don't review the games anymore.

I think retrospective action died with introduction of VAR. I bet they don't review the games anymore.

Fair point. VAR should have it’s own review then, every game checked to see if VAR fucked up. Also have Everton got back their complaint about Gordon being fouled in the Penalty area and VAR doing nothing. Haven’t heard anything.

Fair point. VAR should have it’s own review then, every game checked to see if VAR fucked up. Also have Everton got back their complaint about Gordon being fouled in the Penalty area and VAR doing nothing. Haven’t heard anything.

We won't hear another word on either count.

Same as the Antonio assault on Reggie.

Here's the play as it was live broadcast

GVntXRW.gif

I love how Royal gave his ball to Kane extra height (spoon) to buy time for Son and Sessegnon to catch up with play and get into position. Genius.

After watching bT sport I think the biggest thing we can take from this game. Is the fact that we had a week to prepare for this fixture. If they hadn't told us this on multiple occasions we'd be none the wiser.

Funny that, Liverpool have never been bothered by playing every few days before :pochrolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom