Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is this a shot from Royal or was this a cross? The stutter-step makes me think he was going for goal.

fT0AzdJ.gif

It was a shot, but he forgot he's not Serge Aurier.

I'm sure it's probably been noted, but they hadn't dropped points in the league at home since October. It really was a magnificent effort from the boys. And although I think the winner may have flattered us, it was a shame Pierre didn't have the moment of composure he needed at the end.

Have to be proud of the whole performance. Well done Yiddos.

Last edited:
Not sure if Liverpool were well under-par or if we just played really well overall. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. No doubt we are so much better as a team against sides that come on to us and attack us.

The whole of our backline was magnificent yesterday against a wonderful, world-class attack. But Romero, I wouldn't swap him for anyone else right now. Including Van Dijk.

So easy to dislike him. What an absolute tosser. No humility, no acceptance that our "game plan" out did his, no mention that out manager nulled their strengths.

I do wonder if the other League manager behind closed doors also hate the big headed twat.
He shouldn’t criticise a team for not lying down and dying because what it’s Liverpool. Conte didn’t criticise Brighton or Brentford gameplan for double marking Kane against us and allowing us no chances . Klopp is a salty prick.

So not much said about fabinhios elbow smash after the game, should of been the first player booked yesterday also

Not sure if Liverpool were well under-par or if we just played really well overall. The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. No doubt we are so much better as a team against sides that come on to us and attack us.

The whole of our backline was magnificent yesterday against a wonderful, world-class attack. But Romero, I wouldn't swap him for anyone else right now. Including Van Dijk.

Liverpool have several big things in their favour.

1 3 fast attackers, give them space to run at the defence and you are toast

2 wing backs, don’t track them and they will hurt you

3 Van Dijk, he is like a cheat code mopping your counters

We where compact and stopped 1/2 and at times overcame 3. It was a well executed game plan.

I was actually disappointed after the game, I thought we should have won it but to go to the best team in the world and get a point is a very good result. Liverpool got very lucky with their goal.

For me, the only difference is with the fan's feelings.

The thing is Liverpool would be clearly ahead in the title race had they taken all 3pts against us earlier in the season, had they had done they could have maintained their winning run(???), maybe those dropped points knocked them mentally and lost their momentum, that's why they lost against Leicester and drew against chavs (7 pts dropped)??? Maybe the same happens again in their next 2 games???

All if's and buts and why I will always maintain the points won and dropped are the same no matter the oppo.
I get your point but when Liverpool played us the first time, they weren't in the final 4-5 games close to a quadruple. Yes both draws affected the season the same, but did that drive them on to improve or did it motivate city. Yes if and buts but the current situation around the game has an impact. Liverpool now have less games to recover that ground lost. Same with spurs after those two games without a shot at goal. It most probably boosted Woolwich and changed their motivated. timing is everything. If we swap two wins earlier in the season with the loss and draw against Brighton and Brentford. We'd be exactly in the same place as you say, but would Woolwich have won their games with the pressure of being 6 points behind when playing Chelsea? Or 3 behind when playing west ham?

If Klopp had defeated Man City as often as we have this season then Liverpool would be champions.

But in true Scouser form he has to be the victim
its funny cause we let liverpool into the race by beating city and then we proably ended it just as fast by keeping them at bay

honestly wonder where we could of been if we gott conte last summer

In every post match interview Conte made a point about saying that it is incredible how liverpool can play like that with that energy every three days. Is he questioning how they can do it or is he making that point to our players that that is what he wants from us?

It is something he wants to get out there though. It is incredible that they can, they have no level of drop in performance and also no injuries from exhaustion. Maybe it reminds him of his Juve team and that period of Italian football.
He's put in an order for 2000 asthma inhalers from Amazon.

What's good for the goose ...

Back
Top Bottom