The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can take the europa league if that's the worst outcome European nights at Lane is massive for the fans. Win that next year get a trophy sand automatically in the champions league year after.

Everyone says this until it gets to a point where it becomes a real slog and we're battling for something domestically and the team in running on fumes, unless our squad is absolutely stacked with quality something will need to get binned off, most likely Europa.

Everyone says this until it gets to a point where it becomes a real slog and we're battling for something domestically and the team in running on fumes, unless our squad is absolutely stacked with quality something will need to get binned off, most likely Europa.
Rule changes came into Europa this year which put group winners straight into the last 16. A lot easier to win now, which is part of why Spam did so well in it.

Rule changes came into Europa this year which put group winners straight into the last 16. A lot easier to win now, which is part of why Spam did so well in it.

Fair I suppose, still can't see us going for it if we are battling for the league (dont' laugh) or top 4, when I say go for it I think Conte wil prioritise domestically like he always does, anyway I guess we'll see who we'll bring in in the Summer and what our squad looks like.

Fair I suppose, still can't see us going for it if we are battling for the league (dont' laugh) or top 4, when I say go for it I think Conte wil prioritise domestically like he always does, anyway I guess we'll see who we'll bring in in the Summer and what our squad looks like.

If/whenever we have a decent level of depth, these players need more game-time than domestic cups alone can provide.

Side note: In Conte's first Inter season they got to the EL final whilst also challenging for the league (2nd by 1 point).

Last edited:
Just feel that is way more worth winning than the league Cup or fa Cup now. And if rangers can get to a final and west ham a semi final why can't we. Plus u are automatically seeded as cup winners

Just feel that is way more worth winning than the league Cup or fa Cup now. And if rangers can get to a final and west ham a semi final why can't we. Plus u are automatically seeded as cup winners

Yeah, but it's generally easier to win domestic competitions, well at least the route to get to the final is plus there's far less matches, you can win the FA and Carabao in 6 matches for example.

People always have these dreams about winning the Europa but forget about the amount of work you need to put in and the slog around Europe, all well and good if you win it mind you but if you don't it just seems like a waste particularly if you haven't achieved your goals domestically.

Yeah, but it's generally easier to win domestic competitions, well at least the route to get to the final is plus there's far less matches, you can win the FA and Carabao in 6 matches for example.

People always have these dreams about winning the Europa but forget about the amount of work you need to put in and the slog around Europe, all well and good if you win it mind you but if you don't it just seems like a waste particularly if you haven't achieved your goals domestically.
Don't think we are good enough for champions league to be honest would be a let down

If we'd have hung for a drab 0-0 against Brighton it would be in our hands now. So frustrating.
You can look at the season and pick out things that didn't go our way;
Burnley match postponed for snow when half their squad was injured/suspended . Only to lose playing in a hurricane in the rearranged game!

Saints away Kane offside by a gnats bollock then Forster dropping the ball into his own goal given as a foul.

I can take the europa league if that's the worst outcome European nights at Lane is massive for the fans. Win that next year get a trophy sand automatically in the champions league year after.
Europa League qualification was the prize for winning the Conference so a good outcome getting thrown out?

You can look at the season and pick out things that didn't go our way;
Burnley match postponed for snow when half their squad was injured/suspended . Only to lose playing in a hurricane in the rearranged game!

Saints away Kane offside by a gnats bollock then Forster dropping the ball into his own goal given as a foul.
Yeah you can, and every side has those. Its just that the Brighton one was recent, when we were in a position of strength and it could make all the difference. We lose too many games we should take a draw from, Brighton, Burnley, Southampton at home, Utd away etc. They might seem like crap results at the time but those points mount up.

Yeah you can, and every side has those. Its just that the Brighton one was recent, when we were in a position of strength and it could make all the difference. We lose too many games we should take a draw from, Brighton, Burnley, Southampton at home, Utd away etc. They might seem like crap results at the time but those points mount up.

It’s a cliche but one game at a time is the only mantra to live by.

You can’t change the past or the future.

You have what’s in front of you and you have to win that game. “Must Win” is every game really. Don’t lose is the next mentality to take on the pitch.

It’s why it’s so frustrating when you see a sub par performance from 8/11 players. You can carry 1 or 2. That’s football rarely is everyone 100% on it.
But seems far too often more than half of our team don’t show up and then the subs do fuck all to improve a situation.

We had a 9 point head start on woolwich. Having played city.
Totally in the lap of this squad to fuck that up They need to take responsibility.

Back
Top Bottom