The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Thursday will be a draw and we miss out on CL
How Dare You Greta GIF

Who knows maybe fat franks Everton have found a bit of form and might want to end on a high and impress frank ,
Maybe they can get a point at the emirates

fuck me imagine seeing xhaka nketiah and elneny in the cl over son kane and deki

makes me sick
But makes next season's top 4 an easy walk-in. Arteta has signed a new contract and then getting top 4 would mean the owners won't give them much of a budget ("squad is good enough"Wenger 2.0) Arteta fluke will run out when he has to manage both CL and PL schedules.i expect them to go Everton way next season. ManU will enter yet another rebuilding cycle ...CL gates next season is wide open even if that is under Potter

But makes next season's top 4 an easy walk-in. Arteta has signed a new contract and then getting top 4 would mean the owners won't give them much of a budget ("squad is good enough"Wenger 2.0) Arteta fluke will run out when he has to manage both CL and PL schedules.i expect them to go Everton way next season. ManU will enter yet another rebuilding cycle ...CL gates next season is wide open even if that is under Potter
I seem to recall that both Lacazette and Nketiah are both out of contract which means that Woolwich will have to spend a large chunk of their change on a new forward. Aleksander Isak and Lautaro Martinez are the two names most commonly mentioned.
Getting CL football will certainly help their recruitment. I can’t see Martinez in particular going there without it.

This woolwich side will likely be the poorest English side in champions league in some time.

Meh .. we had United in there this season.

If Woolwich get CL they’ll spend a bit, probably a lot on a good CF. In that case they’d probably get out of the groups and with a decent draw could make the QF’s.

CL isn’t what it was. Lot of weak teams in Europe now bar a few. Even United topped their group.

I think we are going to beat Woolwich with ease Thursday, then we will have to much for Burnley which puts us in 4th place before Woolwich go to Newcastle away. Woolwich are dropping points 100%. If it’s Newcastle or Everton who knows, but they are dropping points against us and in the last 2. We will get 4th, have some faith.

Obviously we have to win, which applies pressure. The rest we shall see.

We need a really good all round performance on Wednesday and/or someone to be the stand out player.

More than anything let's ensure Woolwich have to secure 4th as opposed to us giving them it on a plate.

Obviously we have to win, which applies pressure. The rest we shall see.

We need a really good all round performance on Wednesday and/or someone to be the stand out player.

More than anything let's ensure Woolwich have to secure 4th as opposed to us giving them it on a plate.
Prefer we have a good performance on Thurs tbh. Training performances don't matter as much as match ones!

:contethumb:

You can look at the season and pick out things that didn't go our way;
Burnley match postponed for snow when half their squad was injured/suspended . Only to lose playing in a hurricane in the rearranged game!

Saints away Kane offside by a gnats bollock then Forster dropping the ball into his own goal given as a foul.
That's when you know that God is a Gooner.... That's the last proper GK howler against us I can recall, and it ended up being disallowed... Skip forward to yesterday, and the Leeds keeper basically walking it into the net for them...

It’s a cliche but one game at a time is the only mantra to live by.

You can’t change the past or the future.

You have what’s in front of you and you have to win that game. “Must Win” is every game really. Don’t lose is the next mentality to take on the pitch.

It’s why it’s so frustrating when you see a sub par performance from 8/11 players. You can carry 1 or 2. That’s football rarely is everyone 100% on it.
But seems far too often more than half of our team don’t show up and then the subs do fuck all to improve a situation.

We had a 9 point head start on woolwich. Having played city.
Totally in the lap of this squad to fuck that up They need to take responsibility.
When you put it like that, it makes me wanna put my head through a brick wall!
If you strive to be at the level we want to be, EVERY game is must win...
Away at Burnley, home to Brighton, Wolves, Southampton... THAT'S What's got us into the turgid mess of hoping for favours from Newcastle (Current form: L2 GD-9) and Everton, who will most likely be safe (and on the beach) by the final day... ESPECIALLY if we beat Burnley first!

It's fucking catch-22!

I know the past can't be changed no matter what .... but a few moments/games will stand out:
- Højbjerg's misplaced header to Kane vs Liverpool
- Losing to Burnely & Brighton
- Have not just 1 but 2 totally "correct" goals vs Soton disallowed and it ended in a 1-1 draw. Those 2 points that the ref (forgot his name) stole from Spurs can prove very costly (I have always been a supporter of the implementation of VAR but seeing of poorly it's applied in the EPL I have no doubts decisions are still tainted in favor of "certain" teams)

I'm more confident than ever 4th is ours!
At two nil up and playing 10 men with 60 mins to go I feared a 7-0...surely they will drop points against the barcodes?

Back
Top Bottom