Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agreed mate. Unless they're goons👊

Not all gooners are horrible

Take Off Dance GIF by BBC

“It is obvious rule that who are shit to begin with will remain shit.”

This is exactly what I’m talking about. Your practical football knowledge must almost be zero to say that.

So for instance Salah and De Bruyne at Chelsea?
Bale at Spurs? Should have got rid of him to Forest when we had a chance? Start badly - sell immediately!!

Fuck me man!! This is what I’m talking about.

There is no “obvious rule” in a football players development.

Only that...there is.

Chelsea sold Salah and reinvested it to someone else. Who instead came good. And Chelsea achieved success. We don't have the alternative universe - it might have been that Salah remaining in Chelsea would have meant he neve would have blossomed like that.

I think the best example of how to treat players is Liverpool. They have had their share of Markoivices, Gurijces etc. Do you see trying to make it forcefully work or not? Football is cut-throat business. And whenever you stumble upon a dud, you have to make a decision. Sometimes quick decision is better than wasting everyones time.

I am not saying that we 100% have to sell every player that does not fit in perfectly. No, that is not the point.
But if you cannot see how we have wasted enormous time, effort and money by keeping likes of
Sanchez
Sissoko
Soldado
Nije
Nkoudou
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Janssen
Foyth
Fazio
Chiriches
around way longer than they deserved... then I don't really know what to say.
I would argue that all of them had clear red-flags in their skills, not just that they did not hit the ground running. There was something more. And there is something more regarding Royal as well. Main thing - that he does not fit into system of fullbacks; he does not have sufficiently good crossing, dribbling and ball-carrying ability. I am not saying that we should give up on him because "I don't like him" or because of his hairdo or whatever. I point out that he does not fundamentally fit into our lineup and instead of pushing square peg into round hole, let's rather find better solution to this position.

If you like to bring Salah into this context - I think for most parties (including Salah and football followers globally) selling him instead of having him rot on Chelsea bench was quite positive move. And taking chances on players (+giving up on some) is part of Chelseas very succesful business model. I'd say they have done brilliantly overall even if they let 2 gems slip between their hands.

There is equilibrium point somewhere - on one extremum you keep all your duds around and waste your own + players time; on another you sell all potential star players too soon. And I would say that on that scale we have been on the end of scale where we just keep everyone for too long (also look at Alli, Aurier, Eriksen situations) while Chelsea is closer to the other end on the spectrum...

A big round of applause to the trust for this, sections of the media just love this kind of thing and putting the boot into the club and its supporters at any and every opportunity.

Have they never done Anfield before? Its only taken you 40 odd years to mention it.

Fuck me.

We need a list of woke acceptable songs we can sing.

Who tf are these drippy-nosed nappy-wearers?

They can fuck right off.

Who tf do they think they are?? "We were dissapointed..."

Oh no! Sorry DAD!!

Damned PR liability - raising unsolicited bullshit issues NO ONE cares about.

Self-absorbed ego-feeders, lapping up the likes and retweets, no doubt.

Just imagine the glow of virtue they're bathing in (*splosh splosh*).

After throwing their club under the bus!

Disgusting.

If there are any members of that idiot board on here, you can absolutely go fuck yourselves.

Clueless cunts.

Only that...there is.

Chelsea sold Salah and reinvested it to someone else. Who instead came good. And Chelsea achieved success. We don't have the alternative universe - it might have been that Salah remaining in Chelsea would have meant he neve would have blossomed like that.

I think the best example of how to treat players is Liverpool. They have had their share of Markoivices, Gurijces etc. Do you see trying to make it forcefully work or not? Football is cut-throat business. And whenever you stumble upon a dud, you have to make a decision. Sometimes quick decision is better than wasting everyones time.

I am not saying that we 100% have to sell every player that does not fit in perfectly. No, that is not the point.
But if you cannot see how we have wasted enormous time, effort and money by keeping likes of
Sanchez
Sissoko
Soldado
Nije
Nkoudou
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Janssen
Foyth
Fazio
Chiriches
around way longer than they deserved... then I don't really know what to say.
I would argue that all of them had clear red-flags in their skills, not just that they did not hit the ground running. There was something more. And there is something more regarding Royal as well. Main thing - that he does not fit into system of fullbacks; he does not have sufficiently good crossing, dribbling and ball-carrying ability. I am not saying that we should give up on him because "I don't like him" or because of his hairdo or whatever. I point out that he does not fundamentally fit into our lineup and instead of pushing square peg into round hole, let's rather find better solution to this position.

If you like to bring Salah into this context - I think for most parties (including Salah and football followers globally) selling him instead of having him rot on Chelsea bench was quite positive move. And taking chances on players (+giving up on some) is part of Chelseas very succesful business model. I'd say they have done brilliantly overall even if they let 2 gems slip between their hands.

There is equilibrium point somewhere - on one extremum you keep all your duds around and waste your own + players time; on another you sell all potential star players too soon. And I would say that on that scale we have been on the end of scale where we just keep everyone for too long (also look at Alli, Aurier, Eriksen situations) while Chelsea is closer to the other end on the spectrum...

So how long do you give a player?

I am so lost in this woke bollocks. seriously.
people with made up jobs.
football is tribal. Raw emotion. Not a fucking brand.
if these people want a real job, do a drill down report on the sausage roll,
not have we upset a scousers feelings.

BTW any scousers reading this. How’s that quadruple thing going? Ah, all gone to shit.
ah, bless
Philadelphia 76Ers Nba GIF by ESPN

Who tf are these drippy-nosed nappy-wearers?

They can fuck right off.

Who tf do they think they are?? "We were dissapointed..."

Oh no! Sorry DAD!!

Damned PR liability - raising unsolicited bullshit issues NO ONE cares about.

Self-absorbed ego-feeders, lapping up the likes and retweets, no doubt.

Just imagine the glow of virtue they're bathing in (*splosh splosh*).

After throwing their club under the bus!

Disgusting.

If there are any members of that idiot board on here, you can absolutely go fuck yourselves.

Clueless cunts.

I think they are BFFs with The Spirit of Shankley group. So that probably had something to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom