Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You seem to really want to talk about this Todd (but as I barely post here prehaps choose a more envolved playmate)It's really quite dull. Sammys gone so only a few really obsessed folk over focused on one players fluctuating form. I said and I maintain 'On his day' Kane can have a great game against anyone' he has against VVD in the past. He was instrumental to the goal. Ditto Salah had a quiet day against Emerson it does nothing to reverse the world class status of both those players(clue Emerson aint) this thread is repeatative and dull but if it engages you feel free.
I tagged you because it was literally the game we, you and me, were talking about. Game's happened and he had a quiet day. I tagged you because we were literally talking about it and I said "we'll see". Don't try to make it like I'm being petty or something.

To use "on his day" as a condition is questionable. If he plays poorly you can just say it wasn't his day over and over until he has a good one and then of course that's his day and be damned all those other games and observations. It's a platitudinous thing to say that allows you to continue to assert what you previously had without acknowledging confounding evidence.

And Kane has NEVER had a "great game" against Liverpool's VVD. When we were rolling and VVD played for Soton, yes. But not Liverpool's VVD which everyone would concede is a different animal.

I tagged you because it was literally the game we, you and me, were talking about. Game's happened and he had a quiet day. I tagged you because we were literally talking about it and I said "we'll see". Don't try to make it like I'm being petty or something.

To use "on his day" as a condition is questionable. If he plays poorly you can just say it wasn't his day over and over until he has a good one and then of course that's his day and be damned all those other games and observations. It's a platitudinous thing to say that allows you to continue to assert what you previously had without acknowledging confounding evidence.

And Kane has NEVER had a "great game" against Liverpool's VVD. When we were rolling and VVD played for Soton, yes. But not Liverpool's VVD which everyone would concede is a different animal.

Good post.

VVD is considered to be one of the greatest defenders in premier history. Not many can go up against him and play well. But Harry did put up some decent numbers against them. (Although VVD was missing for 2 of those matches).

GP:15
W: 1
L: 8
D:6

Goals: 7
Assist: 2

Not bad.

Is he off if we don't get CL or if Conte goes? Has the promiser of gentleman's agreements been up to his work again?
and go where?

With Haaland joining City there's no realistic option for him. United are gonna go through a rebuild and are in a worse position then us and Liverpool won't want him.

Now he knows he is staying he needs to knuckle down and fucking perform the last 3 games of this season.

VVD is considered to be one of the greatest defenders in premier history. Not many can go up against him and play well. But Harry did put up some decent numbers against them. (Although VVD was missing for 2 of those matches).

GP:15
W: 1
L: 8
D:6

Goals: 7
Assist: 2

Not bad.
You spectacularly miss the point. The assertion was, and I'm going to paraphrase since I CBA to go find it right now, 'on his day Kane will best any CB'. My point was that to believe this is to have an incorrect impression of what Kane is as a player by A) utilizing a more physically dominant player and B) predicting a bad game...because he always gets nothing from VVD and the assertion was against ANY CB. You don't get to complain about VVD being good when it doesn't work out...you adjust your belief to fit the facts; not ANY but MANY*. It was hyperbole that wasn't walked back when called on it.

Now you've summarized stats (amazingly poorly I might add) to suggest I'm a little off the mark. Similarly, folks have pointed to his efforts in our goal on Sunday to deflect criticism. I say A) this is a bad use of stats and B) if you watched the game you'd have seen Kane had little influence other than popping up on the backside of a hopeful punt (and we know it was hopeful because HK was able to control with his feet) and doing that basic this any PL forward would be expected to do. I don't think we'd want to predicate our attack on such moves.

And in case anyone was wondering what truly creating a goal by your singular genius looks like...welp, here it is...

Last edited:
and go where?

With Haaland joining City there's no realistic option for him. United are gonna go through a rebuild and are in a worse position then us and Liverpool won't want him.

Now he knows he is staying he needs to knuckle down and fucking perform the last 3 games of this season.

And sign a new deal, break Greaves record, move on toward Shearers and in the process, put some medals in his cabinet at last.

Harry stays with us now surely
images

Some people are born with weird wiring. Wiring that makes them dislike the popular opinion.
Aka, a contrarian.

And they're really fucking annoying people. They rarely have any facts to back it up. They just like going against the grain and never shut up about it.

Like, I think Beyonce is massively over rated. But I don't spend all day every day on a forum trying to convince her millions of fans they'r wrong. A contrarian like the bellends we have on here, do.
Forget the mindless Kane chatter...this has intrigued me.

Over rated in what way?

You spectacularly miss the point. The assertion was, and I'm going to paraphrase since I CBA to go find it right now, 'on his day Kane will best any CB'. My point was that to believe this is to have an incorrect impression of what Kane is as a player by A) utilizing a more physically dominant player and B) predicting a bad game...because he always gets nothing from VVD and the assertion was against ANY CB. You don't get to complain about VVD being good when it doesn't work out...you adjust your belief to fit the facts; not ANY but MANY*. It was hyperbole that wasn't walked back when called on it.

Now you've summarized stats (amazingly poorly I might add) to suggest I'm a little off the mark. Similarly, folks have pointed to his efforts in our goal on Sunday to deflect criticism. I say A) this is a bad use of stats and B) if you watched the game you'd have seen Kane had little influence other than popping up on the backside of a hopeful punt (and we know it was hopeful because HK was able to control with his feet) and doing that basic this any PL forward would be expected to do. I don't think we'd want to predicate our attack on such moves.

And in case anyone was wondering what truly creating a goal by your singular genius looks like...welp, here it is...

Numbers are numbers.

Now city getting Haaland in does that mean summer should be quiet on the Kane front.

My opinion is to get some proper competition in to maintain and better his own level as well as bred in another talent for more options up top.

Back
Top Bottom