Liverpool vs Tottenham Hotspur. May 7th. Saturday – 7.45 PM.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well taking into account age, experience, language barriers etc I think
“It is obvious rule that who are shit to begin with will remain shit.”
doesn’t ring true. For me.

But you are welcome to your opinion.

And a problem with selling players after 1 year is someone has to buy them.
Loans are a decent way to get around the issue if you are not sure about them.

How does language barrier have impact on inability to put in accurate cross or pass the ball upfield?

And talking about the main point - it does not mean that 100% of players who start off poorly will surely remain poor. But there are many-many more of those who remain sub-par compared to those who turn things around.

I have provided long list of players who remained dissapointing.
I can also give a long list of players who came in and impressed to smaller or bigger extent - Toby, Jan, Wanyama, VdV, Dier, Davies, Eriksen, Dele, Kulusevski, Bentancur, Romero.

And then there is a list of players who came in, were poor but turned out brilliant - Son.

So there you go, for every Son there is list of 11 players who seemed bad and never got really good + 11 players who seemed good and remained good. Even if you include Bale here, that would still be 2 for 22 - not too high ratio.

Those turnaround stories are rare in reality. I don't see why it is so hard to admit it?

How does language barrier have impact on inability to put in accurate cross or pass the ball upfield?

And talking about the main point - it does not mean that 100% of players who start off poorly will surely remain poor. But there are many-many more of those who remain sub-par compared to those who turn things around.

I have provided long list of players who remained dissapointing.
I can also give a long list of players who came in and impressed to smaller or bigger extent - Toby, Jan, Wanyama, VdV, Dier, Davies, Eriksen, Dele, Kulusevski, Bentancur, Romero.

And then there is a list of players who came in, were poor but turned out brilliant - Son.

So there you go, for every Son there is list of 11 players who seemed bad and never got really good + 11 players who seemed good and remained good. Even if you include Bale here, that would still be 2 for 22 - not too high ratio.

Those turnaround stories are rare in reality. I don't see why it is so hard to admit it?

I could pick out loads of players but I don’t have the time or inclination.

This stemmed from your whole point if “an obvious rule”. There isn’t one.

And if you think football is purely a physical game and has no mental side to it then crack on with that way of thinking.

The hojberg one and the vvd one i buy. Sons should be like .98 at the very least
0.02 chance of scoring is ridiculous. The Son one is as good as 1 as you can get. Between the posts, unmarked, no keeper to beat. It's harder to miss those. It's not even like the Gazza one at Euro 96 when he was sliding in and didn't make contact.

So xg fans - what do you think of this?

So Son, with an open goal and inside the 6 yard box scores what is deemed only a 0.6 chance.
VVD hits the top of the bar and it's 0.18 yet PEH hits the outside of the post and it's 0.02

It's nonense.

I'm not sure you can be a 'fan' of xG!!!

0.6 seems low for Son, but you'd be surprised how many players (on average) miss easy chances like that. I do think given the circumstances it should've been higher though, probably more like 0.8 from that position.

VVD had a header from a corner. The fact he hits the bar is irrelevant, that's the result and not the action. Same with Hojbjerg, xG measures the action not the result, players on average shooting there very rarely score, so xG is measuring that. The fact he hits the bar has nothing to do with it.

0.02 chance of scoring is ridiculous. The Son one is as good as 1 as you can get. Between the posts, unmarked, no keeper to beat. It's harder to miss those. It's not even like the Gazza one at Euro 96 when he was sliding in and didn't make contact.
When hojberg went to shoot I was shouting no at the TV, it was definitely low percentage. Agree on the son one though, even my mum could have stuck it in

INCIDENT: Was Liverpool midfielder Fabinho lucky not to have received more than a booking for a forceful challenge on Spurs forward Son Heung-min?

VERDICT: Correct decision.

DERMOT SAYS: "I think yellow card is the right decision. If you look, he catches him with his forearm, his forearm is up, but it is there and Son goes into it, it is not one he has used as a weapon as I call the throwing it back. So, I think right call…"

"Son ran into it"

Is what every wife beater says about their battered mrs.

Is thus an apology from nasher?

As a manager I had this experience recently, we are obviously influenced by the game, the situation," Klopp added.

"I have said things. Would I say it again? No. I said Tottenham play how they play but are still only fifth. It felt good at the moment but it is probably wrong.

Cunt

They scored early doors in the Champo League final against us and pretty much parked the bus afterwards and tried to hit Salah on the break. He's a bitter boy.

Edit: just looked it up - they had 39% possession in the final, in a neutral venue.

He's an outrageous cunt for saying what he did about us, as for the can't coach it shit, he's talking total bollocks.

Last edited:
liverpool Fabinho is russian ufc player?
display

That was a shocker

"Don't repeat that phrase". Two days after Tottenham which threatens to cost the Premier to Liverpool, Jurgen Klopp returned to the attack on Antonio Conte, Spurs coach: "As a coach, it's true, I am strongly committed to the game, from the moment. Immediately after the match I have said that with their way of playing they are only fifth in the standings - said the Liverpool manager -. It seemed like a right thing at the moment, but instead it was a mistake. I was what I felt at that time. I could not respect more Antonio, for what he does and how he organizes his teams ".

Back
Top Bottom