Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe they might even introduce civility and decency and supporters would no longer need to be separated like animals that can't control themselves...you know, the way they do it in the US.

this would be you going to work everyday...

iu

You're welcome
I'm very much afraid you won't find much decency or humility in modern America. They appear to be arrogant and violent. Maybe they'll introduce gun shops at the Bridge....

The pen won vs Denmark was a dive lol, but yeah fair points.
He certainly wasn't anonymous, on the ball a lot, but it felt so frustrating. The majority of the time he would make a brainless decision and give the ball away or run into a crowd.

But how much is that down to having an awful tactician as his national team manager?
He’s much more disciplined for Man City. I think he’s had enough there being rotated every week and not know if he’s playing. If he came to us he’d be like Son, scoring nearly 20 goals a season again.

But how much is that down to having an awful tactician as his national team manager?
He’s much more disciplined for Man City. I think he’s had enough there being rotated every week and not know if he’s playing. If he came to us he’d be like Son, scoring nearly 20 goals a season again.

I sincerely doubt he'd be that prolific for us.

You may be right, but City fans seem to prefer Jesus at RW to him, and they watched him week in week out.
When I watch him for City he's a bit patchy too. He's like Rashford premium.

My fear for him at Spurs is that we don't have that many creators. We do well because we have 2 clinical finishers who gobble up the chances we do create. What if Sterling doesn't create but then wastes the few chances we do have with bad decisions?

Kalvin Phillips Release Clause Revealed Amid Manchester United Interest​

Kalvin Phillips' release clause at Leeds United and the scenario needed to activate it have been revealed amid interest from Manchester United, according to a report.
Phillips is currently at Leeds United and has been at the club since his youth days, coming through the Academy during the clubs time in the Championship.
United have been linked with Phillips for a number of weeks as the club looks toward a new holding midfielder.
It had been revealed in the last week that a handful of Leeds players would be available for a lower fee.

Now, however, according to a report from Mail Sport, "Kalvin Phillips [Linked with Manchester United] has a £25m release clause in the event Leeds United get relegated."

Phillips would be seen as a bargain for a fee as low as that when compared to United's other midfield targets who would be priced above £50million.
25m if leeds go down?

The Everton relegation scenario was rather funny but bye bye Leeds and hello Phillips for 25m.

Is there anybody on here who's been watching Max Aarons this season? Could he do the RWB job at Spurs or ..?
He was the "next big RB" 2 seasons ago but then it went quiet...

Last edited:
I'm very much afraid you won't find much decency or humility in modern America.
Not sure you'd know much about the modern US.

Maybe they'll introduce gun shops at the Bridge....
They'd do better by introducing dental clinics and consanguinity testing.

They appear to be arrogant and violent.
Cultural remnant of the forebears of the founding fathers. WASPitis is like Herpes, it'll be with us for life and it's unpleasantness always pops up at the most inconvenient time...and your small island has been shedding virus for quite some time.

Only watched the last 25ish minutes of City after the Everton match, but in that time Sterling missed a sitter; messed up an insanely simple pass to set up Foden for a sitter; got a tap-in for such a big sitter that he couldn't miss; and finally missed another sitter where he really should have played a simple ball across for tap-in for a teammate (flag up for offside after, but Sterling didn't know that).

To me that's Sterling's City career in nutshell. The lad is talented, and if we were free spending or even were likely to have a free spending summer, then sure I'd love to have him. As things stand, where he'd likely be our second highest earner and he'd come at the expense of other signings, it's a hard pass imho. At the cost I'd want someone, who we can trust consistently, rather than runs hot and cold in the extreme as he does.

Maybe they might even introduce civility and decency and supporters would no longer need to be separated like animals that can't control themselves...you know, the way they do it in the US.

this would be you going to work everyday...

iu

You're welcome

Ah Todd, I thought you'd be better than the 'if it wasn't for us you'd be speaking German!' line.

Kalvin Phillips Release Clause Revealed Amid Manchester United Interest​

Kalvin Phillips' release clause at Leeds United and the scenario needed to activate it have been revealed amid interest from Manchester United, according to a report.
Phillips is currently at Leeds United and has been at the club since his youth days, coming through the Academy during the clubs time in the Championship.
United have been linked with Phillips for a number of weeks as the club looks toward a new holding midfielder.
It had been revealed in the last week that a handful of Leeds players would be available for a lower fee.

Now, however, according to a report from Mail Sport, "Kalvin Phillips [Linked with Manchester United] has a £25m release clause in the event Leeds United get relegated."

Phillips would be seen as a bargain for a fee as low as that when compared to United's other midfield targets who would be priced above £50million.
Leeds are going to get rinsed if they’re relegated.
Rafinha will go to Barca for about the same (or about half his actual value).

What he did at the Euros for me shows he's not a player who is totally service reliant
That's true, he's got all the attributes to be what Son isn't, to carry a threat on his own against a packed defence. To carry the ball and bring Son and Kane into the game, his vision isn't bad either, just a case him CHOOSING to do it, rather than being an absolute selfish prick.

A bit like Kane if we're ever 3-0 up against one of the PL bottom feeders.

All this pretty academical. We don't have a good relationship with City because of the Kane saga, and Sterling would have to accept a possible wage cut AND go from competing for the league to maybe EL.

Sterling plays like he's the best player at school playground, has nothing to do with southgate. Kane/Walker/Trippier etc. are always there to pass to but he refuses. He doesn't try to build chemistry with the rest of the attack.

We're a team that relies of relatively few chances and top class finishing. I doubt he's getting 20 a season. He did that ONCE for man city, and only got 1 assist that season. Apart from that season his numbers are closer to Dele's before he went AWOL.

Sterling plays like he's the best player at school playground, has nothing to do with southgate. Kane/Walker/Trippier etc. are always there to pass to but he refuses. He doesn't try to build chemistry with the rest of the attack.

We're a team that relies of relatively few chances and top class finishing. I doubt he's getting 20 a season. He did that ONCE for man city, and only got 1 assist that season. Apart from that season his numbers are closer to Dele's before he went AWOL.

He hit 17 goals 10 assists and 18 goals 11 assists in the two league seasons prior to scoring 20. He also had a couple of stupidly good CL campaigns in there which Dele never really did.

If any club can recapture that form (and why not, he’s not miles off it and is only 27, no loss of pace) then he’s worth the 300k p/w wage or thereabouts. But yeah as you said earlier, it won’t be us.

Back
Top Bottom