The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It was always a long shot Leeds would help our cause in those two fixtures hopefully Everton still have work to do on the final day .Newcastle our only hope provided we win our games .

It really all comes down to Newcastle v Woolwich, assuming we manage to win our remaining games.

Thanks to injuries and suspensions (and being shit) Leeds are gone, Everton will not have any need to care about Woolwich on the last day.

In Trippier we trust.

Sky making this game out to be that whomever wins it gets top 4, they are so full of shit.

We could smash them 7-0 (I hope) and it wouldn't mean fuck all if they win the rest of their games.

Truth is, we need the win to stay in the race, yes, no doubt about it.

But it isn't going to decide who gets it like they suggest and will no doubt harp on about for days.

It really all comes down to Newcastle v Woolwich, assuming we manage to win our remaining games.

Thanks to injuries and suspensions (and being shit) Leeds are gone, Everton will not have any need to care about Woolwich on the last day.

In Trippier we trust.
Cue the equaliser in the 85th minute from yours truly :allitongue:

I've been thinking about it and this is my honest opinion on how our/their seasons end based on the fixtures remaining. This is an opinion free of the overly negative outlook I normally have but I've not injected any undue optimism in either.

Tottenham vs Woolwich = 3-0

Think we'll be up for it and get an early goal and build on it from there and in the end it'll be a confidence inspiring performance.

Tottenham vs Burnley = 2-0

Won't be as difficult as some predict, think the scoreline will flatter them a little.

Norwich vs Tottenham = 0-4

Easy days work.

Newcastle vs Woolwich = 0-1

A close affair but ultimately Newcastle being unable to take their chances will result in them being unable to get a result.

Woolwich vs Everton = 2-1

Not as close as the scoreline might suggest, Everton put in a performance typical of their struggles this season.

Yeah it’s done for Leeds, even if they are to win against Brighton they then go away to Brentford, if they got a point it’s only a total of 38 points meaning Everton only need two points from Brentford , palace and Woolwich. That’s achievable before last game. So it’s all on the Saudis to help us out

Back
Top Bottom