The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The overrating of Newcastle continues to be laughable. I understand people are desperate but the most likely outcome is the much better team Woolwich win.

Just like us Woolwich are shit enough to lose any game but no matter how many irrelevant things you bring up it doesn’t change the fact Newcastle are crap.

Over the last 10 games Newcastle are equal with Woolwich and only 2 points worse off than us. So yeah, Newcastle are no world beaters, but us and Woolwich might be the two worst teams to battle it out for CL qualification in quite some time. It's by no means certain that the Arse will beat Newcastle.

If woolwich were so clearly a much better team the Top 4 race would already be over, but they choke just as frequently as we do.

Over the last 10 games Newcastle are equal with Woolwich and only 2 points worse off than us. So yeah, Newcastle are no world beaters, but us and Woolwich might be the two worst teams to battle it out for CL qualification in quite some time. It's by no means certain that the Arse will beat Newcastle.

If woolwich were so clearly a much better team the Top 4 race would already be over, but they choke just as frequently as we do.

Why are we using a 10 game sample other than it helps the narrative you want?

And yes Woolwich are clearly better that is why they are fighting for 4th and Newcastle are in 14th.

Why are we using a 10 game sample other than it helps the narrative you want?

And yes Woolwich are clearly better that is why they are fighting for 4th and Newcastle are in 14th.
Why? Because its recent form. Newcastle now are not the same proposition which had a grand total of 0 wins when Howe took over. That much is surely patently obvious

The overrating of Newcastle continues to be laughable. I understand people are desperate but the most likely outcome is the much better team Woolwich win.

Just like us Woolwich are shit enough to lose any game but no matter how many irrelevant things you bring up it doesn’t change the fact Newcastle are crap.

I swear you’re not a Spurs fan. Or you just disagree with the narrative optimism, just to cause a stir like Sammy Spurs used to. Check the facts. Newcastle are the 3rd best performing team since Jan behind City and Liverpool. They have won pretty much all their home games, so forgive us for being optimistic that a heavily depleted Woolwich side with no defence might possibly drop points away to Newcastle. In fact, i fucking know they will. Don’t know what your problem is.

Why? Because its recent form. Newcastle now are not the same proposition which had a grand total of 0 wins when Howe took over. That much is surely patently obvious

They also aren’t great since Howe took over either and still a worse team than Woolwich.

I swear you’re not a Spurs fan. Or you just disagree with the narrative optimism, just to cause a stir like Sammy Spurs used to. Check the facts. Newcastle are the 3rd best performing team since Jan behind City and Liverpool. They have won pretty much all their home games, so forgive us for being optimistic that a heavily depleted Woolwich side with no defence might possibly drop points away to Newcastle. In fact, i fucking know they will. Don’t know what your problem is.

No I just don’t ignore reality to live in some delusional world. Newcastle haven’t won pretty much all their home games since Howe took over. They have improved but not to some level that better teams should be concerned about them.

My only “problem” is I rely on facts and reality not fairy tales and BS narratives.

They also aren’t great since Howe took over either and still a worse team than Woolwich.
But the fact is if Woolwich were so good the race would be over. They've dropped silly points just as often as we have. Newcastle are strong at home and last night showed the pressure and a hostile atmosphere can combine to rattle Woolwich.

I fully accept the most likely outcome is they win both remaining matches but it's no foregone conclusion, not even close.

But the fact is if Woolwich were so good the race would be over. They've dropped silly points just as often as we have. Newcastle are strong at home and last night showed the pressure and a hostile atmosphere can combine to rattle Woolwich.

I fully accept the most likely outcome is they win both remaining matches but it's no foregone conclusion, not even close.

Last night didn’t show a home crowd can rattle Woolwich, last night showed two terrible reffing decision and two world class players can take them down.

I agree Woolwich can lose at any time they have shown that and I have said do repeatedly. That is why they could lose on Monday not some made up BS about how tough Newcastle is or the fact it’s their last home game, that last point is grasping at straws out of desperation.

Last night didn’t show a home crowd can rattle Woolwich, last night showed two terrible reffing decision and two world class players can take them down.

I agree Woolwich can lose at any time they have shown that and I have said do repeatedly. That is why they could lose on Monday not some made up BS about how tough Newcastle is or the fact it’s their last home game, that last point is grasping at straws out of desperation.
Terrible reffing decisions?

What?

And facts are still Newcastle have lost at home in the league twice since Howes appointment- against Liverpool and City. We've lost at home the same amount within one week under Conte against Wolves and Southampton. Like it or not it's a hard place to go.

Terrible reffing decisions?

What?

And facts are still Newcastle have lost at home in the league twice since Howes appointment- against Liverpool and City. We've lost at home the same amount within one week under Conte against Wolves and Southampton. Like it or not it's a hard place to go.

The penalty and red card both terrible decisions that changed the game.

It isn’t about liking anything or not just the fact that going to Newcastle is not terribly difficult at all.

No I just don’t ignore reality to live in some delusional world. Newcastle haven’t won pretty much all their home games since Howe took over. They have improved but not to some level that better teams should be concerned about them.

My only “problem” is I rely on facts and reality not fairy tales and BS narratives.

I think you need to check your facts here bud because your coming across rather stupid. I spell it out for you again

Since January, Newcastle are the 3rd most in form team behind City and Liverpool

What don’t you understand about that? Newcastle have improved massively and have won most their home games the last few months. Google is your friend son, use it.

I think you need to check your facts here bud because your coming across rather stupid. I spell it out for you again

Since January, Newcastle are the 3rd most in form team behind City and Liverpool

What don’t you understand about that? Newcastle have improved massively and have won most their home games the last few months. Google is your friend son, use it.

I don’t need to check anything I can see the Newcastle season and see how they have played the fact is they are not a good team and not hard to play whether home or away.

The penalty and red card both terrible decisions that changed the game.

It isn’t about liking anything or not just the fact that going to Newcastle is not terribly difficult at all.
If it's such an easy place to go then why do so few teams actually manage to win there?

You're a wind up merchant and I can't believe I'm falling for it.

Back
Top Bottom