Tottenham Hotspur Vs Woolwich Wanderers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was my first North London derby. An incredible atmosphere that I'll never forget. I don't think anyone in the ground sat down. The two sons were amazed. They were Tottenham through and through before but that's forever seared the club into their life. Every single person in that crowd should be proud of themselves.

For the life of me, I do not get anyone that buys a ticket to an away game and then sits with the opposition home supporters.

You can’t celebrate a win or you’ll get your head kicked in. And you have to sit there if you lose and watch your rivals have a party.

So weird.
I took a rabid Addick to Spurs vs Charlton one year. She just sat there smirking as we did one of our regular Spursy 0-1's. Think she quietly enjoyed it.

I might be a tiny bit biased but the atmosphere last night was well up there with any game I have been to... I have been to the Rome derby, the el clássico, and even the bombonera for boca-river which may have had more firecrackers, confetti and craziness but the sheer noise coming from the south stand last night was like nothing else I have experienced!

The we're the South/shelf/Paxton chant was incredible and also the amount of love Antônio got! He would be crazy to walk away from us and hopefully he stays and builds something special. That stadium deserves CL footy and if we don't pull it of this year I'm sure he will get us there next.

Commentator (can’t remember white) said it was the loudest and best atmosphere he’d ever heard in the premiership
Why does it matter what colour he is?

racist wonder showzen GIF

:levylol:

I counted 3 straight reds for him in the game. Kicking Son in the ribs when he was down, the elbow to the face, and physically throwing him when both were on the ground as Son was trying to get up.

There's no doubt in my mind that he was under orders to use the dark arts in an attempt to wind Son up to get a reaction to get him sent off. That's why Arteta was so upset, his plan backfired.

Suplexing isn’t a red card offence

Have to say the fans were fantastic last night. I'm at the opposite end of the Shelf to the away fans and didn't hear them all night.

It was an epic night and there may have been drink taken.

We now have to apply ourselves on Sunday or last night will be diminished. Bit worried that Romero is out for the season but Sanchez did well last night.

Roll on Sunday.

What a dick that Clattenburg is , it’s technically right , but I’m not sure I would give it ! So what you change the rules to suit your agenda ? Always was a self righteous prick
Yeah his reasoning is that he could find loads of other similar challenges that aren't given which is true I suppose. However that was just a stupid and blatant nudge which stopped sonny having a decent chance. If referees said they weren't gonna give those then you would see defenders pushing attackers in the air all the time. You have got to be at least a little bit subtle about it!

There was someone on The Guardian's comments section who in all seriousness was saying that Son was actually to blame as he deliberately put his face into Holding's elbow.

Last edited:
My favorite thing about winning the NLD is the following day listening to them all moan and always have an excuse. The ex players just embarrass themselves on the radio and TV all day. Pathetic bunch.

We need to come out and put 4 past Burnley. Make Woolwich feel the pressure and hope Newcastle are up for it in their final home game.

Back
Top Bottom