Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No he wasn’t and I expected that reaction from you

No way were we going to hit the heights of Thursday against a rested team in a relegation fight so you adjust your expectations accordingly instead of making such a negative comment
But we still need to fight? Not just give up and say we say we played a game on Thursday. That is a shite and losers mentality. They players and coaches have to be up for every game and give 110%. There is only 1 game left. We could have made subs earlier if necessary. Other top teams manage it. We should not be using that as an excuse otherwise we never shift the mentality.

Ffs we have had one gane per week since being knocked out of fa cup. Surely they can maintain good fitness levels for just one game week where we have had to play 2 games. What about the shite results in Feb where we lost at home and then also the Brighton and Brentford games. We had plenty of rest but turned some or our most dier performances for years.

I don't think you understand how draining it is to play at that level of intensity in a sport, let alone doing it twice in the space of a few days plus training.

I workout six days a week and let me tell you, by the time I get to a rest day I am desperate for the rest and I work my ass off when I train.

Have you ever done that level of intense exercise?

You know what? It wasn't a sparkling performance today but job done. We did the job got the points and Woolwich are now under huge pressure, they have to win tomorrow now. Nothing else will do.

However I log in here and see the same old cunts having the same old moan from the same people who probably couldn't find WHL on a map, let alone ever actually set foot here. Just... Fuck off for a bit yeah?

But we still need to fight? Not just give up and say we say we played a game on Thursday. That is a shite and losers mentality. They players and coaches have to be up for every game and give 110%. There is only 1 game left. We could have made subs earlier if necessary. Other top teams manage it. We should not be using that as an excuse otherwise we never shift the mentality.
The fight was there clear enough / yiu could see the players all cramping and struggling in the last 10 minutes - they left everything on the pitch absolute heroes everyone of them

Hojbjerg was dreadful, he’s always been a bit of a hot potato merchant, but he was flapping and giving the ball away even when he wasn’t under pressure. Tough ask for him to trundle his big bones through two games in three days.

I really didn’t get Hoddle and Fletcher’s constant eulogising of Burnley’s second half performance, they still only had 43% of the ball, and created fuck all. For a team playing against a legless, tired Spurs, fighting for their survival, I thought they were fucking limp. And it was only our sloppiness that gave them any kind of crumbs. First half they were fucking atrocious. Not even an effective bus park.

Back
Top Bottom