Burnley (H) 15/05 - 12PM

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

0bc97f265ec3356f12c529670c1efcf6.gif

giphy.gif

MAn that was intense and difficult to watch.

The difference between the whole day and Thursday is incomparable. The high road was quiet and the pre/post match drinks were polar opposites.

I am convinced Newcastle can get something.
I have secured a ticket for norwich away so hopefully all we mend is a win or even a draw

My first game for a while and it had to be a squeaky bum one. Horrible second half but lovely after-game stuff once we got through. Royal does seem like a great guy. I think he had family watching today. Maybe his last match in the stadium and nice that he got a standing clap afterwards.

I doubt I'll ever want Newcastle to win more than tomorrow. Please please wipe the gooner scum out and leave them curled up in a ball, crying in the corner on Thursday nights next season.

We won.
I honestly don’t care how we won. We won.
Huge potential stumbling block against a team playing for their place in the Prem on short rest and we won.
Pressure on the Woolwich tap-dancers.
If Newcastle are half up for it, those wankers will fold.

Thank goodness for that. I’m only just coming out from the sofa now. We’ll know in a week’s time the full value of this win, but huge credit to the players for being up for this barely 2 days after playing the NLD. Glad this season only has a week to run as my heart can’t take much more.

Just got back. It's probably all been said already, several times, so I'll just say...

...phew!

The semi-posh bit (East Stand) is fine. The view is superb and the seats are... ...padded. But the atmos isn't there. Not even as good as the North Stand.

Free food & drink yum yum and because I'm semi-posh they let me carry a knife.

rcQLFdV.jpg

...and a fork.

o3MEIbp.jpg

No I haven’t but what I am saying is that sometimes when your fighting at the top and maybe still in other competitions they will have to get use to it. We can’t just use that as an excuse. Imagine if we didn’t get the result today everyone would have moaned about the performance and not that they were tired. Surely you wouldn’t want to blow the chance of getting a CL spot by blaming tiredness. We could have made subs earlier? Think we only made two and one was for Lucas who hardly plays. If son was knackered bring on berg.

You're using redundant hypotheticals to needlessly nit-pick a game where there only thing that mattered was the prevailing scoreline.

Yawn.

I think it is more lack of rotation. Kane could have been subbed on 60 against Woolwich as we were coasting. He seems to okay every minute which is what knackered him under Poch. Not to mention the backup strikers get fed up as they get no minutes.

Injuries and length of season do take their toll around now. Look at how weak our bench is
Who?/What?

Mark Wahlberg Reaction GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Watching Erickson vs Everton, he’s really acres ahead of Bentacour with the long ball pass ability. Spurs should really try and bring him back. He would help the attack in the big way

I actually thought we were superb in the first half... We had ridiculous amount of possession, and shots on target....

In any other season, it woulda turned into 'one of those days/games' ...but maybe that's where a Coach like Conte is the difference between making sure it's NOT one of those days!!

Back
Top Bottom