The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ahhh, how did I miss this?

......Was it visible on TV?
They don't show the actual showering, just one part of the aftermath. Once you get your eye in, you can count about 9 or 10 here. There were more...

s7WCI1Y.jpg

First goal is crucial!

Watching them play Leeds United the other week they were coasting to a win, Leeds got a goal back and only had ten men then the nerves kick in. Different game playing under pressure!

Gabriel and White have traveled up with the team but both will face late fitness tests to play .

The talk seems to be only White will make it.

I wish I hadn't, but I looked up Newcastle Vs Woolwich stats.

We're going to need a miracle for Newcastle to get anything out of tonight.

In the last 20 games between them......... Woolwich have won 18!!! 1 draw and just 1 win for the barcodes.

That has to be one of the worst records in the Premier league between 2 sides. Even our record against Liverpool is better than that.

1 win and 1 draw for Newcastle in the last 20 games against Woolwich!!!

I didn't realise it was that bad.

:pochcry:
And yet we went there , drew and should have won.
Go on U geordies

Gabriel and White have traveled up with the team but both will face late fitness tests to play .

Arteta will get injections into Gabriel and stick him on.

He has no qualms about playing injured players.

Remember when he pushed partey back on the field after he did his hammy. lol

What an absolute tit.

In the last 20 games between them......... Woolwich have won 18!!! 1 draw and just 1 win for the barcodes.

That has to be one of the worst records in the Premier league between 2 sides. Even our record against Liverpool is better than that.

Yeah, but most of those games were Newcastle under a fucking mega dark cloud. Mike Ashley and Steve Bruce. Before that it was Benitez. Before that it was Shteve Mcdutchen. Before that John Carver / Alan Pardew

They have been rotten for a decade.
At least now they have hope. They've picked up since the buyout and Eddie Howe will try to win this game rather than try not to lose. They have a faint hope of a top half finishing having been 2nd bottom when he came in.

Newcastle won't lose tonight, either win or draw. Last home game of the season, full noisy stadium, players want to impress, finish on a high.

Our name is the on the cup (top 4)

Records are made to be broken :sonpoint:

So what you're saying is, statistically, Newcastle are due a win?

Honestly, the scum won't have the bottle for a rocking St James under the lights on a Monday night with all the injuries they have and the poor mentality they have.

Either the ref is going to help them to a win or they are going to, at the very least, draw the game imo.

Personally think Newcastle will smash them.

So Newcastles home form this season is won 7, drawn 6 lost 5 with a PPG of 1.50. And their last 5 home games read WWWWL.

Arsenals away form this season is won 9, drawn 1, lost 8 with a PPG of 1.56. With their last 5 away games being LLWWL.

Factor in the pressure on Woolwich, their injuries and it being Newcastles last home game of the season under a better manager in Howe.

Newcastle have not lost more times than they have.

My money says Newcastle dont lose tonight.
Woolwich also seem to drop points in clusters. Every time that they lose or draw a game, they tend to go on to drop points in the next one or two games as well.

This will be a very interesting game.

Not v good? Their form since Jan window is getting CL in 4th spot or thereabouts. 71-72 pts.

Last home match of the season...evening kick off.....full house....lots of love and appreciation from the fans to escape so well from nailed on relegation - I think all of that trumps "nothing to play for". Barcodes will be well up for this.
I hope you're right and i'm completely wrong but when i've seen them they've looked average to poor. We'll soon find out.

My belief was white could’ve come on against us

I think he looked at it and thought…. Son and Kane terrorising me for 70mins just coming back from injury, nah don’t fancy being part of this shit show

Stats....
Mean nothing - this isn't s woolwich with Henry, Vierra, petit, pires etc
This is a woolwich with Cedric, Xhaka, Nketiah and a handful of promising kids

This Newcastle side is a lot better than the one earlier in the season.
St James Park will be a cauldron. I don't think this Woolwich have the bottle to dig in for a win

Viera wants artetas job

I don’t think he does his old club any favours

(Wishful thinking and all that)
was chatting to a Palace fan back on the train back from the match. They know he'll leave at some stage, obvious. If I was Viera I'd aim higher than goons. Would probably be in the mix for when Pep leaves City if he carries on doing good things at CPFC

Back
Top Bottom