Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question for everyone - if Levy found £35m down the back of his sofa and could either spend it on a LCB or CM, which would you prefer?

Davies’ form since Conte came in has made this a genuine question I think.

CM, but the level of signing we need for that position will cost more than £35m.

Question for everyone - if Levy found £35m down the back of his sofa and could either spend it on a LCB or CM, which would you prefer?

Davies’ form since Conte came in has made this a genuine question I think.
CM easy. We have the 4th most scored and 4th fewest conceded in the league, but over the course of 90 mins we struggle to control the game.

We need a CM who is more than a warm body to keep things ticking over.

So many deluded people on here 😅
Episode 7 Wow GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Interesting little look in to how signings from other leagues perform elsewhere. Obviously sample sizes are very limited and it won’t tell the whole story at all, but Bundesliga looks particularly eyebrow raising.

Interesting little look in to how signings from other leagues perform elsewhere. Obviously sample sizes are very limited and it won’t tell the whole story at all, but Bundesliga looks particularly eyebrow raising.

Shame they missed out England to England and Germany to Germany etc. That is the baseline. How often do moves work out at all? The change of league is not the only factor in determining someone’s success after a transfer. Probably not even the biggest one.

Stats and damn lies ?

Shame they missed out England to England and Germany to Germany etc. That is the baseline. How often do moves work out at all? The change of league is not the only factor in determining someone’s success after a transfer. Probably not even the biggest one.

Stats and damn lies ?

Sure, that would be interesting too. But what it does is that signing from certain leagues may potentially mean more risk. Bundesliga games are often very high tempo and open, so attacking players put up really strong numbers but can struggle to replicate that elsewhere.

But I agree league change isn’t the only factor, Sancho at United for example has dropped off massively, but the fact is the way United play doesn’t really suit his strengths at all. Had he gone back to City I’d fully expect him to be doing well.

Our progression has been fine as evidenced by the amount of goals we've scored in the second half of the season.

We've picked up 8/12 points against Liverpool and City, two of the best pressing teams in the world, so we are obviously not doing too badly on that front.

We all love Dembele but he had his faults too. One major one being his limited passing range and habit for holding on to the ball for too long - hardly ideal for a counter attacking team (as we are usually against the better sides).

Our issues are not against pressing sides they are against bus parkers so I don't think a press resistant midfielder is the solution.

My point is, I think this team improves more by having lets say Trippier and Alonso in at wingback than it does by having Bissouma or Dembele in for Hojbjerg with Sess and Emerson remaining at wingback.

Imagine how many more goals Kane would have if we had players capable of finding him from wide?

I agree in that I think the obsession people on this forum have for Bissouma is crazy. I think Bentacur and Skipp will be the partnership next season.

But fuck Alonso. Never mention that name involving us.

I agree in that I think the obsession people on this forum have for Bissouma is crazy. I think Bentacur and Skipp will be the partnership next season.

But fuck Alonso. Never mention that name involving us.
If anything I think it will be Skipp and new CM. With Benta/PEH generally being subs and rotating with Skipp.

The general uptick in players moving to both France and Germany would suggest they are the more forgiving leagues.

Stats and damn lies ?

I agree that there’s a lot of reasons that transfer don’t work out, especially between leagues. However I do think Bundesliga is a open league with worse defending and less cutthroat competition. Lots of young players develop there for a reason and I would have some hesitance in the immediate expectations of guys who comes from there. That said, many work out swimmingly.

The transfer window is near. This is where the itkers like trix give the exclusives. Basically take it with a pinch of salt.
I think it was last summer where a few of the natives over on SC called out Trix and Hercules on their shite. Both had a shitfit and vowed to never post again.

Lo and behold, a couple of weeks later (and a few bannings from A&C), they were back posting bollocks and getting loads of cock sucking from the faithful.

If we get CL then Levy needs to give Conte £150 million. No ifs or buts.

We need 5 new additions to the first team.

RWB
LCB
CM
CM
FW (Kulu is not world class yet)

Back
Top Bottom