Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can. Why else would you sack him a week before the game? There were other points Jose could and should have gone, that one wasn't it. We will never know, but I'm sure Jose would have got us over the line.
Utter rubbish. 1 in 10 chance we beat them under Jose

A lot has happened in 5 years.

whlrainbow.0.jpg

Dear Supporter,

It has certainly been a season of two halves. After a difficult and frustrating summer last year we started the season struggling to produce the performances we all wanted to see and, whilst it is never ideal to change coaches during the season, we moved swiftly to bring in Antonio Conte.

COVID and fixture scheduling then conspired to rob us of the chance of continuing to compete in the Europa Conference League and we saw our disappointing form continue. We had faith, however, in our squad and we knew Antonio and his coaching staff would need time to instil their methods and increase fitness levels.

Their impact, along with the new players who joined, delivered a second half of the season in remarkable contrast to the first - producing performances that put us in contention for a top four finish.

I write these notes before we play Woolwich and therefore without knowing what our final place will be in the league. We do know, however, that regardless of the next two fixtures, we shall be in Europe again – for the 16th time in 17 years. I’m not sure, earlier in the season, any of us thought we would be in this position. It is testament to the incredible work of our new coaching staff and the application and determination of our players.

We were delighted to see our Women’s team finish fifth in the Women’s Super League. Rehanne and her staff have continued to take the team forward and their progress has been impressive. We have delivered new training facilities for our Women’s team at Hotspur Way alongside the First Team, to further support their progress. Their last match of the season at the stadium on Sunday saw an amazing atmosphere and will have undoubtedly inspired so many young girls to follow in their footsteps.

When we reported our June 2021 year-end financial results we set out our vision for the Club and underlined that, whilst we had invested significantly in the squad, we needed to improve our recruitment and the January transfer window showed how important this can be. We shall continue to support investment in both our First and Women’s teams and our Academy.

Regardless of the results of our last three games of this season, I firmly believe we are well positioned to go forward into next season. The desire and determination to see success on the pitch is felt by everyone at the Club.

I should like to take this opportunity to thank all of our staff for their commitment, time and effort that goes into making this Club what it is. We shall continue to work with energy and vigour to make all of our fans around the world proud to support Tottenham Hotspur.

It’s hard to believe that today’s game is the final fixture of only the first full season with fans in our new stadium. So, I think we can still call it ‘new’. It’s been such a long, challenging period since we first opened it in April 2019. The fact that we are filled to the rafters is testament to the unwavering support of you all.

Our players will take to the pitch to thank you and I thank you too.

I wish you and your families a wonderful summer. COYS!

Daniel

Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Dear Supporter,

It has certainly been a season of two halves. After a difficult and frustrating summer last year we started the season struggling to produce the performances we all wanted to see and, whilst it is never ideal to change coaches during the season, we moved swiftly to bring in Antonio Conte.

COVID and fixture scheduling then conspired to rob us of the chance of continuing to compete in the Europa Conference League and we saw our disappointing form continue. We had faith, however, in our squad and we knew Antonio and his coaching staff would need time to instil their methods and increase fitness levels.

Their impact, along with the new players who joined, delivered a second half of the season in remarkable contrast to the first - producing performances that put us in contention for a top four finish.

I write these notes before we play Woolwich and therefore without knowing what our final place will be in the league. We do know, however, that regardless of the next two fixtures, we shall be in Europe again – for the 16th time in 17 years. I’m not sure, earlier in the season, any of us thought we would be in this position. It is testament to the incredible work of our new coaching staff and the application and determination of our players.

We were delighted to see our Women’s team finish fifth in the Women’s Super League. Rehanne and her staff have continued to take the team forward and their progress has been impressive. We have delivered new training facilities for our Women’s team at Hotspur Way alongside the First Team, to further support their progress. Their last match of the season at the stadium on Sunday saw an amazing atmosphere and will have undoubtedly inspired so many young girls to follow in their footsteps.

When we reported our June 2021 year-end financial results we set out our vision for the Club and underlined that, whilst we had invested significantly in the squad, we needed to improve our recruitment and the January transfer window showed how important this can be. We shall continue to support investment in both our First and Women’s teams and our Academy.

Regardless of the results of our last three games of this season, I firmly believe we are well positioned to go forward into next season. The desire and determination to see success on the pitch is felt by everyone at the Club.

I should like to take this opportunity to thank all of our staff for their commitment, time and effort that goes into making this Club what it is. We shall continue to work with energy and vigour to make all of our fans around the world proud to support Tottenham Hotspur.

It’s hard to believe that today’s game is the final fixture of only the first full season with fans in our new stadium. So, I think we can still call it ‘new’. It’s been such a long, challenging period since we first opened it in April 2019. The fact that we are filled to the rafters is testament to the unwavering support of you all.

Our players will take to the pitch to thank you and I thank you too.

I wish you and your families a wonderful summer. COYS!

Daniel

Anticipation Popcorn GIF
And did what ? Do you really prefer qualifying or winning ? If it’s qualifying then it’s a few quid , bar getting to the champions league final of course & we spent ?

During our CL season, we had 3 wins 7 losses and 2 draw in the last 12 PL matches yet somehow reached the CL final. So theres that.
Yea and we were terrible on our way to finishing 4th. But we also reached the champions league final so there’s that.

Mou was nowhere near.

Back
Top Bottom