The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Excited The Oa GIF by NETFLIX

Big shout out to all you nay-saying, melty pound-shop mystic-megs.......

MATHS BITCHEZ!!!!

:dierpochhug:

"Only Sonny & Kane get into their team"

"Defense is much better"

"Midfield trumps ours"

"Better balance to their squad"

"They play better football"

etc. etc. etc.

:adeohshit:

Last edited:
I said way back on 24th February (a couple of days before Conte) that we were still in with a shout.

Oh, the comments

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

Is that really necessary? Happy (more than happy to admit I am wrong) but feels kind of childish to call out something that neither party knew would happen.

It's just sad to go back and call out posts for an "I told you so" I have never done and never will.

Opinions change and are formed based on past experience and current situations, at the time I didn't think we had a chance, I was wrong.

I have spent months since those posts saying we will do it and being positive because I noticed a growth under this manager, so not sure what the point of this is?

Can’t believe we have a chance of 4th considering the total shambles of Nuno and the start of the season in general. Before he got sacked our chances created was near bottom of the league. I was expecting us to come 6-10th and only because of Kane and Son scoring. That being said If Conte has been here from the start I honestly think we would be sitting easy in 3rd.

We have a big chance on Sunday to get back in the brilliant CL let’s not fuck it up.

This would be so huge for our transfer window and reshaping of our squad.

Top tier quality in.

CL + Conte + Stadium + Training ground is just too good to resist.

Let's not fuck around at Norwich and blaze them off the pitch.

What a night!

Again!!

Norwich away. With Delia Smith on the Board of Directors there, we probably don’t even have to worry about any last day food poisoning sabotaging us.

Best avoid any lasagne though, just in case.

0_Paul-Gascoigne-Chris-Waddle-1990.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fnewcastletoons.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2017%2F07%2F1204675.jpeg

....couldn't find one of Andy Sinton & Ruel Fox celebrating... as I don't think they ever had anything to celebrate together!

Last edited:
Is that really necessary? Happy (more than happy to admit I am wrong) but feels kind of childish to call out something that neither party knew would happen.

It's just sad to go back and call out posts for an "I told you so" I have never done and never will.

Opinions change and are formed based on past experience and current situations, at the time I didn't think we had a chance, I was wrong.

I have spent months since those posts saying we will do it and being positive because I noticed a growth under this manager, so not sure what the point of this is?

Completely fair seeing as your original riposte was childish and you were mocking those who had an opposing opinion to you, this one you just gotta take on the chin and keep it moving big man ;)

Can’t believe we have a chance of 4th considering the total shambles of Nuno and the start of the season in general. Before he got sacked our chances created was near bottom of the league. I was expecting us to come 6-10th and only because of Kane and Son scoring. That being said If Conte has been here from the start I honestly think we would be sitting easy in 3rd.

We have a big chance on Sunday to get back in the brilliant CL let’s not fuck it up.
Or Woolwich really. How are they anywhere near 4th! It’s been a low standard for 4th this year. As you say, conte all season & I think we get 3rd. I think next season top 4 should be our minimum really.
Unless United turn things around I guess.

"Only Sonny & Kane get into their squad"

"Defense is much better"

"Midfield trumps ours"

"Better balance to their squad"

"They play better football"

etc. etc. etc.

:adeohshit:

You realise we could still lose to Norwich, right?

This going full Shady isn't a good look. Just enjoy the win, going back and quoting posters who had a different view to try and one up other fans isn't it. Other people thought differently and so far (through a lot of Woolwich collapsing) have been proven wrong.

Some of you seriously look like you're happier you were 'right' than that Spurs won. Straight on to go back and get digs in. I'm sure if I went through your posts (or any of the people bizarrely rubbing in this result) I could find plenty of bad takes.

Back
Top Bottom