The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Deuterz Deuterz -

You object to me doing a jig about us doing well, but you'd rather yuk up with the forum worm over some tenuous Levy bullshit....?

"Something something not a good look"

......The same prick that jumps straight in and witters on about trf budgets rather than enjoy the buzz of the night?

Come on fella.... Take the bantz on the chin and enjoy.... You're better than dregs like that.

I don't object to that at all. I object to calling out other fans who had different views at the time. I replied to you but the post was more collective, others are tagging, quoting & enjoying rubbing it in rather than just being happy for the result.

I'm not in with anyone. I'm happy I was wrong (so far) and the team has done brilliantly to be in this position. I've never gone back and quoted people who I know have been proven wrong, and I don't get the mentality behind doing it. That's all I'll say, you do you and go celebrate however you like.

I was wrong for posting those things but in my defence we were awful at the time despite our league position and it did seem rather delusional to me that people thought we would finish 4th.

Plus the full quote from that second post was

"They think because we are 5 points off of 4th that we still have a chance but then choose to ignore the fact we have lost 4 out of the last 5 games.

I like to try and view thihgs positively but there is a thin line between positive mental attitude and delusional rambling."

Out of context you make it seem far worse than it is.

I think it's still rather childish to go back and take quotes from a previous time period under completely different circumstances to try and get "one up" on someone.

I may have been harsh with the way I said things but at the time I truly believed it was delusional to believe it, I don't have a time machine to go forward and see the future, it was an opinion of the time based on what I was seeing, I was wrong.
Truly believing in something is fine.
Having a different opinion is fine.

Belittling others is not, and it's hypocrisy to call someone out for something you did yourself.

But, all that being said, I respect you for saying you shouldn't have said it.

Good call, mate. It's a shame that the only joy some people get out of nights like tonight or even a great Spurs win is the opportunity to rib or ridicule other fans!

If he'd had his way, he'd still be demanding we back Nuno

Although we haven't crossed the line just yet, when we do, we should be celebrating as one.

One more push from Antonio and the boys. ONE MORE PUSH!

:contefists:
He don’t seem to be bothered at all about the result being good for the football team. Imagine getting soooo much wrong & wanting nuno still! yet thinking you’re super smart by showing off after such a good night for us. When we all have seen you get it so wrong the last few years.
Anyway back in the CL where we belong! :contefists:

I was wrong for posting those things but in my defence we were awful at the time despite our league position and it did seem rather delusional to me that people thought we would finish 4th.

Plus the full quote from that second post was

"They think because we are 5 points off of 4th that we still have a chance but then choose to ignore the fact we have lost 4 out of the last 5 games.

I like to try and view thihgs positively but there is a thin line between positive mental attitude and delusional rambling."

Out of context you make it seem far worse than it is.

I think it's still rather childish to go back and take quotes from a previous time period under completely different circumstances to try and get "one up" on someone.

I may have been harsh with the way I said things but at the time I truly believed it was delusional to believe it, I don't have a time machine to go forward and see the future, it was an opinion of the time based on what I was seeing, I was wrong.

If you hadn't had mocked and called people delusional I doubt this would have got bumped, probably best not to act like an arse next time...

Woolwich looked a beaten group tonight. Thursday broke them. Now we travel to Norwich and play a confident and assured match, and if we do then we will qualify for CL.

I’m sure Conte will have them prepared both physically but more importantly mentally.

What a roller coaster this season has been.

Some of you about 5 minutes after are pretty shamelessly using it to go 'na na na na na' in other fans faces even though we're not even over the line. It's kinda pathetic.

As already pointed out.... People reap what they sew.

Perhaps they need to learn to take as well as give it.

You believed, others didn't. I'm sure you've believed before and been wrong, shit happens. Some people were frustrated after bad results and probably wanted to vent. Not the same as gleefully coming in and rubbing in a good result for the team.

Balls.... I said to you at the time and I say it again for the nth time..... It's not about belief.... And certainly not about winning some poxy prediction game or some BS notion of 'calling it'.......It's merely about hope and not ridiculing those that have the balls to maintain it despite adversity.

Anyone that fits the bill can nut up and suck it up.

Last edited:
Annoying we’ve left it till the last game of the season to figure whether we’re all going to enjoy our summers. So much riding on this last game. No fucking golf trips to US. No carrot, just stick for next six days. Do what you like for a couple of weeks after, then back to work. COYS.

I said way back on 24th February (a couple of days before Conte) that we were still in with a shout.

Oh, the comments

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal
We were always in with a shout but had terrible results b soton wolves and Brighton at home. We need to make sure that doesn’t happen again. Can’t be losing to teams like that at home.

Back
Top Bottom