The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You can't be a Spurs fan if you're not looking

You can't be a Spurs fan and not be at least apprehensive about Sunday. But you're right. Conte really has changed the mentality of the club. I think we would have lost the NLD under any of our previous managers.

Still not getting carried away yet 😬
Yeah we have seen it too many times to take it for granted. I am trying to be more positive as always pessimistic about us & with good reason! I did think Burnley might nick a scrappy draw too.
But I am extremely confident with conte for a change & against Norwich. So glad we have them out of all the teams we could be playing! I am cocky now but as soon as the whistles blows I am sure I’ll be very nervous until we score first. I think you are right & normally we would have tripped up in the NLD. Different mentality with conte. We either go with him or he goes. He won’t settle for top 4s every season either. Love it!

We can still cock it up. What’s to say we have someone sent off early concede a goal then they go 1 up against Everton. Then 2-0 up. We are trying to equalise with 10 men. It really can happen. Just have to be massively focussed and get the job done. Don’t take anything for granted. Which team was 3-0 up against Man Utd and managed to lose 3-5??

So we are 3-0 up at Norwich with 5 mins to go. Sonny has scored one to put him level with Salah.
We get a penalty. Will Harry give it to Son so he can win the golden boot.
Could be a difficult one for Harry.
Sonny probably wouldn’t want it in those circumstances.
5-1 up. Kane on 5, Son on 1.

First to miss stands down

Star Trek Nod GIF

It’s going to be a slow tortuous few days flipping from excitement to anxiety and doubt back to excitement but it would have been so much more painful if the arse had won last night leaving us hanging on the grim hope of them dropping points against Everton and us beating Norwich!!
A draw gets us 4th COYS

is that allowed?
absolbloodylutely

Saw Ajax score it very well one time, except that time it went back across to the pen taker into an empty net

Goons tried it once and it was just an embarrassment

coolest pen I ever saw (apart from Panenka in the final for Czech v W Germany, guy came up and put it in left footed from a right foot approach. The keeper hadn't moved as he thought the shot was coming half a second later. Class!!

To all the people that thought wolves and Southampton and United and Brighton and Brentford (ok can’t completely blame ppl for this one) were must wins… I suggest you learn what the word “must” means.

Some fucking game in the middle of January when we are a few points off top 4 is not a must win. Thank god our players aren’t as delicate and despairing as some. A game can be important without exaggerating and calling half the games we play must wins.
TBF, turn a couple of those around and we'd likely run 3rd. Which is where I feel like, given the blue scum's capitulation after mad Vlad's war started, we probably deserved to be.

Still, point needed notwithstanding, it's well done on a hell of a half season feat.

So we are 3-0 up at Norwich with 5 mins to go. Sonny has scored one to put him level with Salah.
We get a penalty. Will Harry give it to Son so he can win the golden boot.
Could be a difficult one for Harry.
Sonny probably wouldn’t want it in those circumstances.
Harry would have to be a complete jackass not to give the pen to son in that situation.

I think some of you need to remember when we played Newcastle on the last day we had just lost the title and lost to Southampton. The squad didn’t seem to think we had anything to play for because 2nd or 3rd meant the same thing.

This time we are against a much worse team in Norwich with Conte at the helm, Sonny wanting the golden boot and CL qualification to play.

Last edited:
absolbloodylutely

Saw Ajax score it very well one time, except that time it went back across to the pen taker into an empty net

Goons tried it once and it was just an embarrassment

coolest pen I ever saw (apart from Panenka in the final for Czech v W Germany, guy came up and put it in left footed from a right foot approach. The keeper hadn't moved as he thought the shot was coming half a second later. Class!!

You'd think it would be more popular.

Ive googled trick penalty but all I find are stupid back flips and rabonas.

Back
Top Bottom