The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have also been thinking that while us qualifying for the CL next season is amazing it’s not the most important thing next season for me.

I think the most important thing next season is we need to win at least one trophy. I don’t care which but I need to see Hugo raise one above his head in our colors before he leaves. He deserves it. He has become a Spurs legend.

I have also been thinking that while us qualifying for the CL next season is amazing it’s not the most important thing next season for me.

I think the most important thing next season is we need to win at least one trophy. I don’t care which but I need to see Hugo raise one above his head in our colors before he leaves. He deserves it. He has become a Spurs legend.
Rather win the league than the CL tbh

Fucking hell. Choice is PL or CL
mr bean sexy dance GIF

No interest in the Golden Boot (not sure Son has either).

A 1-0 win off Emerson's backside will do fine.

Qualify for the CL then start handing the medals out.

Qualifying will attract a better quality of player during the summer. Infinitely more important than a spray painted Adidas.

giphy.gif

No interest in the Golden Boot (not sure Son has either).

A 1-0 win off Emerson's backside will do fine.

Qualify for the CL then start handing the medals out.

Qualifying will attract a better quality of player during the summer. Infinitely more important than a spray painted Adidas.
scenes in the comp!

Until anyone actually lifts the thing they don’t “deserve” anything

if newcastle had a bit of quality upfront that could of been a right drumming earlier. that murphy chance..what a waste! that should be a goal in this league
Have been saying for a while , the goons are shite . If they hadn’t been gifted those 3 wins , when their opponents didn’t turn up , they would have already been out of the race . Face a team with a bit of passion and they collapse like a deck of cards .

GUTTED

‘That’s how bad it is’ – Tottenham taking fourth place ‘like wife running off with school bully’, says Woolwich hero Perry Groves​

Woolwich legend Perry Groves says the prospect of losing fourth place to Tottenham is like ‘your wife running off with the school bully’.

The Gunners all-but handed Champions League qualification to their north London rivals with a toothless 2-0 defeat at Newcastle on Monday night.

Having demolished Woolwich last Thursday, Spurs now require only a draw against rock-bottom Norwich on the final day of the Premier League season to seal what looked like an unlikely top-four finish.

Antonio Conte’s men were four points adrift of Mikel Arteta’s side before the north London derby and destiny has been in Woolwich’s hands for months.

“It hurts. It’s like finding out your wife is going to leave you,” Gunners legend Groves told the Sports Bar.

“It’s not like she’s running away with your best friend, it’s like she’s running away with the person who used to bully you at school.

“That’s how bad it is. That’s how dark I feel.”

The former winger, who made more than 150 appearances for Woolwich, insists the performance at Newcastle was worse than the north London derby defeat.

While Woolwich were damaged by a controversial penalty and an early red card for Rob Holding at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, they were simply outplayed at St James’ Park and there could be no excuses.

“I actually think tonight was worse,” Groves added. “It’s horrible getting beat by your local rivals and we know the animosity that goes on.

“But tonight, there’s no reaction. With a group of young players, there was no belief.

“First 20 minutes against Spurs was OK. The penalty and red card changed the game.

“Aaron Ramsdale summed up how Woolwich were feeling at Newcastle, in the first 20 minutes, he looked very nervy.

“It’s a bit of know-how. Can you ride through these tough periods?

“When you’re under pressure, all the top teams know how to win those games. Even if you’re not playing particularly well and you have to scrap it out.”

Groves added: “At the beginning of the season, if you were offered two wins to get into top four, every Woolwich fan would’ve snapped your hand off.

“Then you get there, and with three games to go, you’re four points in front of Spurs and you let it slip.

“Woolwich have excellent young players but there’s a lack of leadership.”
Perry fucking Groves , what a donkey he was

So we are 3-0 up at Norwich with 5 mins to go. Sonny has scored one to put him level with Salah.
We get a penalty. Will Harry give it to Son so he can win the golden boot.
Could be a difficult one for Harry.
Sonny probably wouldn’t want it in those circumstances.
If we’re 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go , I wouldnt give a shit if Sanchez steps up to take the penalty , I will be pleasantly pissed !

It’s going to be a slow tortuous few days flipping from excitement to anxiety and doubt back to excitement but it would have been so much more painful if the arse had won last night leaving us hanging on the grim hope of them dropping points against Everton and us beating Norwich!!
A draw gets us 4th COYS
It’s all in our hands , and we’ve got hands like Pat Jennings!

Back
Top Bottom