Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Carragher's best player: Kevin De Bruyne​

Carragher: "Salah was no doubt the best player in the first half of the season but De Bruyne was in the second half. You just think of the vital goals he got. Up against Atletico Madrid, United and Liverpool. For me, I think he is the best player in the league. I love Kevin De Bruyne. Take Liverpool out of the equation, if I want to watch someone, I watch Kevin De Bruyne. I think he is going to be one of the all-time greats in the Premier League."

Neville's best player: Heung-Min Son​

Neville: "One goal off Mo Salah playing for a team that is completely different in style, that's not as good. Everybody loves him. I think he could play for any team in the world. Any club in Europe would take him. Son does not get the recognition he deserves. For what he has done consistently, 21 goals, one off Salah in a team that is nowhere near as good, where he doesn't get the service, I think he just deserves a mention really."

GARY NEVILLE CLAIMS £22M TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR PLAYER DOESN’T GET ENOUGH RECOGNITION​

Gary Neville has named Tottenham’s Son Heung-min as his Player of the Year for the Premier League this season, beating Mohamed Salah.

The end of the season is in sight with just days of the Premier League campaign left to go.

It’s now the time of year when pundits will offer their thoughts on the Team of the Year, Player of the Year and other awards.

On Monday night, Neville and Jamie Carragher covered all manner of awards for this Premier League campaign.

Carragher went with Kevin De Bruyne as his Player of the Year, but Neville had other ideas…

Neville didn’t go for Liverpool star Mohamed Salah either despite his outstanding campaign for the Reds.

Nope, Neville instead went with £22million Tottenham ace Son as his Player of the Year.

The South Korean star finds himself just one goal behind Salah in the race for the Premier League Golden Boot.

You have to factor in that Salah takes penalties for Liverpool but Son has to watch Harry Kane take Tottenham’s spot kicks.

Kane absolutely loves playing with Son and the South Korean is set to outscore him this season.

For Son to rack up 21 goals from open play is hugely impressive and the Golden Boot looks to be a straight shootout between Salah and Son.

Both players are simply extraordinary and Neville has decided to go for Son as his Player of the Year this season.

Neville told Sky Sports that he thinks any club in the world would want to sign Son should he become available.

Neville did admit that Salah and Kevin De Bruyne are probably the best players in the league.

Yet having almost matched Salah’s output in a team that is ‘not as good’, Neville thinks it’s time that Son gets the recognition he deserves.

“One goal off Mo Salah [whilst] playing for a team that is completely different in style, that’s not as good,” said Neville. “I think everyone loves him, I think he could play for any team in the world, if he was available now, any team in Europe would take him.”

“I was probably marking Salah and De Bruyne down for no reason really, because they probably are the best two players in the league. But Son doesn’t get the recognition he deserves, and for what he has done now consistently and 21 goals, to be one off Mo Salah, in a team that’s nowhere near as good and doesn’t get the service from the likes of Trent Alexander-Arnold and Robertson and all the other players that he plays alongside. I think he just deserved a mention really,” he added.

He'll be kicking himself for not getting on the scoresheet today.....

Gonna have to a brace against Norwich now, Sonny boy! :tobyarm:

And rightfully...
If he does not get golden boot, he has absolutely no one to blame unfortunately.

Had 2 or even 3 very good chances but he wasted them all.

Such a shame, I agree with Neville - he does not get enough respect and praise.
Putting 2 chances away against Burnley and he would have prestigious personal award almost guaranteed.

Now I hope he will make it right against Norwich. Hope that this does not put too much pressure on him and he would not overthink.

Salah is done for the league season Norwich await Sonny its on him. He so deserves the GB, a single ray of light through Nuno's confusion and Kanes selfishness. Doubled down abd extended when we were fucked Mr Tottenham, my favorite player since Ledley King, and along side Steve Perryman for just getting it. Already a legend. When he's done playing he can pick his position at the club.

And rightfully...
If he does not get golden boot, he has absolutely no one to blame unfortunately.

Had 2 or even 3 very good chances but he wasted them all.

Such a shame, I agree with Neville - he does not get enough respect and praise.
Putting 2 chances away against Burnley and he would have prestigious personal award almost guaranteed.

Now I hope he will make it right against Norwich. Hope that this does not put too much pressure on him and he would not overthink.

It is harsh to say he wasted them. The Burnley GK's saves were pretty impressive in that match.

Let's hope Norwich doesnt park the bus against us. Son usually disappears when that happens.

Bloke has become one of the best players in the world over the few seasons. Unreal the stick he was getting in this thread earlier this season.

In Kane and Son we have two of the best 10 attackers in world football, two of the top 5 in English football. Conte is a top 5 coach in the world.

A strong summer and we could really do something.

I'm wary of calling players 'Legends' before they hang up their boots, but I will go out on a limb here and say that Sonny is already a Legend (hope I haven't jinxed it!). He's a credit to his family, his country and to us. What a man - driven, focused and talented.
I love seeing him playing with all the kids on the pitch after the game on Sunday, he's going to be a great dad some day.

I'm wary of calling players 'Legends' before they hang up their boots, but I will go out on a limb here and say that Sonny is already a Legend (hope I haven't jinxed it!). He's a credit to his family, his country and to us. What a man - driven, focused and talented.
I love seeing him playing with all the kids on the pitch after the game on Sunday, he's going to be a great dad some day.
That’s why I’m really hopeful for a trophy next season and that Sonny can claim the golden boot on Sunday. He definitely deserves to have something to reward his commitment to us.

Even when he wasn’t having the greatest games, getting absolute shit from some on here, he always tried and has bailed us out more often than is given credit for. He’s just a brilliant role model and I absolutely adore the guy.

I’m sure he’ll be mentioned when we talk about the great players we’ve had at this club when he hangs up his boots.

Bloke has become one of the best players in the world over the few seasons. Unreal the stick he was getting in this thread earlier this season.

In Kane and Son we have two of the best 10 attackers in world football, two of the top 5 in English football. Conte is a top 5 coach in the world.

A strong summer and we could really do something.

If we finish top 4, we should be able to attract more talents for sure.

TBF, Salah is also this season's assist king. 35 goals + assists to Son's 28 and Kane's 24 in third.

For a relatively tame season by his standards and playing effectively as a #10, Kane has both outscored and out-assisted KDB.

That’s why I’m really hopeful for a trophy next season and that Sonny can claim the golden boot on Sunday. He definitely deserves to have something to reward his commitment to us.

Even when he wasn’t having the greatest games, getting absolute shit from some on here, he always tried and has bailed us out more often than is given credit for. He’s just a brilliant role model and I absolutely adore the guy.

I’m sure he’ll be mentioned when we talk about the great players we’ve had at this club when he hangs up his boots.
I love Kane but it would also be a bit of poetic justice if Son wins it. Think about it, if Kane had head screwed on from the start he'd already have the 22 goals needed for the golden boot.

So hopefully, it sends a message to the sqaud, being loyal to Spurs is the better choice.

What a man - driven, focused and talented, and loyal to our club. I at least can't remember a single bad word spoken, and his words when he extended spoke volumes.

Back
Top Bottom