The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That did make me chuckle too. Thinking of him & all those very moral people who were deeply emotional & effected by the Saudi takeover. Suddenly having to cheer them on & getting immense pleasure out of them winning!
No wonder it pushed him over the edge & he went on a weird spiral of gloating & goading!
As you say, hopefully on Sunday he can try to enjoy us sealing top 4 rather than only being able to enjoy gloating & goading others.
His custom title is particularly funny...

Death to petro murder ball sports washing.... or something like that .

He obviously didn't have enough space to add except when the petrol dollars sports washers save our bacon and help us qualify for the champions league

:harrylol:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18592801/Woolwich-delia-smith-lasagne-spurs-norwich/

ITALIAN JOB

Woolwich fans beg Delia Smith to cook a ‘dodgy lasagne’ when Spurs play Norwich on Prem’s final day​

• 9:02, 17 May 2022
  • Updated: 11:02, 17 May 2022

Woolwich fans are turning their hopes to Norwich owner Delia Smith ahead of the Canaries' clash with Tottenham on Sunday.
Spurs need only a point to finish in the top four after Woolwich missed out on the opportunity to move ahead of their rivals with defeat to Newcastle on Monday.

The Gunners must beat Everton on Sunday and hope already relegated Norwich beat Tottenham.

And considering how unlikely that outcome is, some fans have jokingly called on Delia to rustle up a lasagne for her visitors.

They are of course referencing the famous Lasagne-gate match at the end of the 2005-06 season - when all Spurs had to do was match Woolwich's result to secure Champions League football.

But instead Martin Jol's side lost 2-1 at West Ham with a depleted squad while Woolwich won at Wigan.

Ten players were unavailable at Upton Park that day with many others suffering from a stomach bug, including Robbie Keane and Michael Carrick.

Reports claimed a dodgy lasagne was the cause of the food poisoning so Woolwich fans are hoping the Italian dish can dent Spurs' hopes again - courtesy of celebrity chef Delia.

One supporter wrote on Twitter: "Our only hope is a Delia Smith dodgy lasagne."

Another added: "Delia Smith, whip up a lasagne why don’t ya."

happy the big bang theory GIF by CBS

I have also been thinking that while us qualifying for the CL next season is amazing it’s not the most important thing next season for me.

I think the most important thing next season is we need to win at least one trophy. I don’t care which but I need to see Hugo raise one above his head in our colors before he leaves. He deserves it. He has become a Spurs legend.

Only the GOAT has lifted the cup for us.

R.dd4fbfedd9c04746675643ac7af10085

So we are 3-0 up at Norwich with 5 mins to go. Sonny has scored one to put him level with Salah.
We get a penalty. Will Harry give it to Son so he can win the golden boot.
Could be a difficult one for Harry.
Sonny probably wouldn’t want it in those circumstances.
If the game's wrapped up, you'd have to give it to Son for sure. If there's any chance the result is still on the line, Harry has to take it.

The conditions of Woolwich and Man Utd are really puzzling.

We must invest soon.
With the scum it makes sense, they are lacking talent in various places and the side is thin. They don’t have the elite manager. The team lacks leadership and maturity. It’s not just a young team, it’s not good enough yet.

United is a puzzler, how they can underachieve so much with the embarrassment of talent that they have. They should be miles ahead of Woolwich.

What sticks out is how amazing Son’s finishing has been.
What sticks out for me is that around 40 seconds, a fan stands up, arms in the shouting at Nuno like "wtf are you doing" when he did the Lucas/Bergwijn sub.

Feels like a lifetime ago.

He spent the whole night gloating and goading other people mate while most of us just enjoyed the moment.
He even tagged and abused me out of nowhere after I'd consciously avoided him for months

Maybe him being forced to choke on some Saudi cock after endlessly and morally ranting against the takeover was just too much for him last night. 🤷‍♂️

When we complete the job on Sunday , hopefully he and a few others can be happy and just party like the rest of us.

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg
airfixx is hard to get along with even when you agree with him. He absolutely loves an argument.

What sticks out for me is that around 40 seconds, a fan stands up, arms in the shouting at Nuno like "wtf are you doing" when he did the Lucas/Bergwijn sub.

Feels like a lifetime ago.
I’m not sure if this came out on other broadcasts, but I was listening to the radio feed via the Spurs website for that game, and on radio the audio made it sound like a low level riot at the stadium that day. Angry shouting all game, picked up a lot late.

I believe crowd was chanting “Nuno make a sub” and then he took off the only man playing well.

I wonder if levy expected such a visceral reaction to his summer and to the team foundering as they were but he got one.

Only time I have heard that sentiment come through… it’s one thing to be poor but it’s another to be embarrassing, and the fans were in open revolt

I’m not sure if this came out on other broadcasts, but I was listening to the radio feed via the Spurs website for that game, and on radio the audio made it sound like a low level riot at the stadium that day. Angry shouting all game, picked up a lot late.

I believe crowd was chanting “Nuno make a sub” and then he took off the only man playing well.

I wonder if levy expected such a visceral reaction to his summer and to the team foundering as they were but he got one.

Only time I have heard that sentiment come through… it’s one thing to be poor but it’s another to be embarrassing, and the fans were in open revolt
You heard it right, Spurs aren't the type to have meltdowns, but that game was the most vocal anger I've seen from Spurs fans.

I think there were loud and clear chants of "you don't know what you're doing". There was no coming back from that.

Don't want the players fucking about trying to get Sonny the golden boot. Play normally and just win the game.
My dream is that Harry, Kulu and Sess put 3 clinically piercing assists through to Sonny for his hat trick, making a sublime and fitting end to the season.

But 0-1, via an own goal would also do.

His custom title is particularly funny...

Death to petro murder ball sports washing.... or something like that .

He obviously didn't have enough space to add except when the petrol dollars sports washers save our bacon and help us qualify for the champions league

:harrylol:

Shhhhhhh troll.:kaneshh:

You exist here purely to point-score and stir shit.... You said so yourself; so save all your fair-weather, sanctimonious 'we are one' horseshit.

Last edited:
airfixx is hard to get along with even when you agree with him. He absolutely loves an argument.

Not at all...... I get along with plenty of people. Agreeing or not has little to do with it.

Just have no tolerance for trolls and those that peddle negativity routed in lies or disruptive agendas.

Last edited:
That did make me chuckle too. Thinking of him & all those very moral people who were deeply emotional & effected by the Saudi takeover. Suddenly having to cheer them on & getting immense pleasure out of them winning!
No wonder it pushed him over the edge & he went on a weird spiral of gloating & goading!
As you say, hopefully on Sunday he can try to enjoy us sealing top 4 rather than only being able to enjoy gloating & goading others.

A handful of posts in this thread in no way means that I didn't also revel in Spurs predicament (my posting history from the evening will bear that out too, so once again; screw you and your fake news!)...... The diff is I'm here regularly to do the same whenever we do well and actually support my team through their adversity too...... Unlike plastics like you and John.

(Also: As already highlighted in this thread; your idea of celebrating seems to be obsessing about Levy and goading people like me & Stevee..... Irony, much?????)

As for the rest: fuck off you sniveling little rat..... Life's full of such dichotomy.... 'The enemy of my enemy etc.'

It doesn't change the fact that there is no place for such filth in the game. I even said here before the game that it felt 'dirty' needing them to do us a favour; so as usual you got nothing.

I guess you're just too much of a lying, blinkered, agenda peddling moron to attempt to appreciate the complexity of such matters.

Last edited:
Also scott scott - If you wanna talk goading & 'custom titles' you'd best check yourself you odious little hypocrite.

"Enic/Levy cultists .. wrong for over a decade!"

Seriously, the pair of you are a fucking joke.

Back
Top Bottom