Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have zero political allegiance, I'm an atheist, and I think the gilded rooms of Parliament & Royalness (and all the public school toffs that feed into this as a breeding experiment) is a complete fuckery. I'm fine for Queenie to be our Disney World and bring in the tourists but that's all I want it to be good for.

But why boo the National Anthem? There isn't any logic to it. I don't get it.

I always thought there was an actual reason but this nutjob has written a wordy article and hasn't given a single logical reason.
I think there are reasons to boo the anthem, doesn't have to be strong reasons.

Still, I agree with you that Liverpool fan's stated reasons don't make sense. No one on the UK really has strong attachment to the anthem, booing it isn't nearly as much of a statement as they think.

Bojo is just using the booing as a political tool to score points with the more nationalistic elements.

Most of them boo because other people are lets be honest.

Give them the choice of joining the Irish FA and see how they identify then.

An embarrassing fan base.

Most of them boo because other people are lets be honest.

Give them the choice of joining the Irish FA and see how they identify then.

An embarrassing fan base.
Half those fans booing aren't even from Liverpool. The majority of people who follow them don't live in the city and certainly those who can afford cup final tickets probably aren't queuing for food banks.

They are just a nauseating fan base full of sheep and obsessed with the victim mentality. Never own your own issues when you can blame the rest of the world for them. That's the Liverpool Way.

Klopp still shiting on about harry not getting a red card at white hart lane ….
Never mind the fact they were lucky to pick up two points from the 6 .
He is a fucking gobshite. Can’t wait for Ancelotti to slap him in champions league

Funniest thing if they win their final two games, it really will be us who cost them the quadruple.
theyll Win the Robin Reliant treble, not even as good as Manu’s.
not bad for the best team ever.
horse stepping GIF by Digg

I do think Klopp has a chance of getting there though. That article is ridiculous because he isn't close yet, but if (and it's a huge if) he got the quadruple this season then he'd be another CL & PL away from being right in the discussion.

Currently though I think even Guardiola is ahead. Far more dominance of English football, yeah the resources are silly but Klopp's had an insane team as well.

I do think Klopp has a chance of getting there though. That article is ridiculous because he isn't close yet, but if (and it's a huge if) he got the quadruple this season then he'd be another CL & PL away from being right in the discussion.

Currently though I think even Guardiola is ahead. Far more dominance of English football, yeah the resources are silly but Klopp's had an insane team as well.

TBF, I rate the job Klopp (and those behind the scenes) have done at Liverpool > Pep & co. at City.

You mention resources, but then dismiss them on the basis that Liverpool have a good team too.... The diff. is one has been built with big money spent on key components whilst maintaining a modest net spend and numerous free & academy players; the other bought with money no object with an already multiple title winning team as the foundation.

TBF, I rate the job Klopp (and those behind the scenes) have done at Liverpool > Pep & co. at City.

You mention resources, but then dismiss them on the basis that Liverpool have a good team too.... The diff. is one has been built with big money spent on key components whilst maintaining a modest net spend and numerous free & academy players; the other bought with money no object with an already multiple title winning team as the foundation.

I think what Liverpool as a club have achieved is more impressive than what City as a club have achieved with blood money, for sure. Their transfer strategy has been brilliant, not sure how much credit Klopp gets for that, pretty sure they have a committee. I know he didn't want Salah for example. I actually think the current lineup at Liverpool is better than City's.

When Pep took over they weren't dominant, he's got a stranglehold over domestic football. I think that leaves more of a legacy than Klopp*, again despite the resources. He's stepped City's game up massively from Mancini/Pellegrini.

(*Unless Klopp did win a quad, or a couple more CL's.)

I think what Liverpool as a club have achieved is more impressive than what City as a club have achieved with blood money, for sure. Their transfer strategy has been brilliant, not sure how much credit Klopp gets for that, pretty sure they have a committee. I know he didn't want Salah for example. I actually think the current lineup at Liverpool is better than City's.

When Pep took over they weren't dominant, he's got a stranglehold over domestic football. I think that leaves more of a legacy than Klopp*, again despite the resources. He's stepped City's game up massively from Mancini/Pellegrini.

(*Unless Klopp did win a quad, or a couple more CL's.)

I'm not sure how one can seperate that dominance from the resources he's had at his disposal though..... Esp. considering the all important component of any team is of course the players.

That there's someone that is challenging that dominance (season after season with the title being decided by such a small margin) with significantly less resources and from a lower starting point is the more impressive feat to me.

Pep's legacy is admittedly the more tangible (and remain so if we go purley by trophy count aka dominance); but more impressive? Not for me.

I'm not sure how one can seperate that dominance from the resources he's had at his disposal though..... Esp. considering the all important component of any team is of course the players.

That there's someone that is challenging that dominance (season after season with the title being decided by such a small margin) with significantly less resources and from a lower starting point is the more impressive feat to me.

Pep's legacy is admittedly the more tangible (and remain so if we go purley by trophy count aka dominance); but more impressive? Not for me.

All the other managers had those resources. They arguably even had better players .. Mancini's core of Toure, Silva, Kompany, Aguero, Tevez etc was insane. Pep's the only one to provide this dominance because he's brilliant at taking top teams and making them insanely dominant.

Again the sticking point here is how much Klopp has to do with transfers, because that's where Liverpool are overachieving. The squad they've built is insanely good but for much less money. My combined XI would have more Liverpool players, but I think City play better football and they win more trophies.

In the PL era I'd rate Wenger and peak Mourinho as good as Klopp. It's just the modern way, overrate everything in the now and discount all that's gone before.

They spent lots of money on transfer fees and wages, let's not make out they're some plucky underdogs.

Liverpool really are the most despicable club in England, they're not my most hated simply because we have proper local rivals. If we didn't, Liverpool would be No. 1.

Can't stand the fucks.

All the other managers had those resources. They arguably even had better players .. Mancini's core of Toure, Silva, Kompany, Aguero, Tevez etc was insane. Pep's the only one to provide this dominance because he's brilliant at taking top teams and making them insanely dominant.

There was also a more competitive Chelsea & United during much of that time though (the latter having been on a gradual slide in the league since Pep arrived).... Arse were also far less shit.

Again the sticking point here is how much Klopp has to do with transfers, because that's where Liverpool are overachieving. The squad they've built is insanely good but for much less money. My combined XI would have more Liverpool players, but I think City play better football and they win more trophies.

No less than it should be with City who also have a DOF and others involved(*) and a similar degree of push and pull over certain targets.

(*Which is why I made the point of noting the respective behind the scenes crew in the equation...... Modern football innit.)

There was also a more competitive Chelsea & United during much of that time though (the latter having been on a gradual slide in the league since Pep arrived).... Arse were also far less shit.

No less than it should be with City who also have a DOF and others involved(*) and a similar degree of push and pull over certain targets.

(*Which is why I made the point of noting the respective behind the scenes crew in the equation...... Modern football innit.)

Pep's dealing with a Liverpool side who are better than all of those teams, imo. They're CL winners, favourites for the CL final this season too, and have played every possible game available to them this season. Yet City will likely win a league. It's impressive as hell. They're essentially dominating a league with arguably the best side in Europe in it. Chelsea aren't too shabby either, CL winners last season.

Pep's had lots of resources but has still done an exceptional job. I think he's a better coach than Klopp but Klopp is more suited to the underdog clubs, they're at the right teams essentially. Who you prefer will come down to personal opinion.

What a fucking insult to Brian Clough. Shocking stuff. Christ there's some crap in the Telegraph.

Clough & Paisley - although I can't read that article.

Without at least a 2nd Champions League I can't include Klopp in that bracket.

Win the upcoming final and there's an argument to have with Clough, but I can't imagine even Liverpool fans would rate Klopp above Paisley?

Paisley won the league with them as a player.
Then as a manager;
6 (SIX!!) First Division titles.
3 European Cups
3 League Cups
1 UEFA Cup

Klopp as a manager;
1 European Cup
1 Premier League
1 FA Cup
1 League Cup

The only thing in favour of Klopp is having won all of the trophies once, albeit an FA Cup when less valuable than the time Paisley was manager.

But seriously, if that were my club.. for me to regard Klopp above Paisley would need something like..
6+ more Premier League titles
2+ more European Cups

And even then the fact Paisley won as a Player would hold a lot of weight to the argument.
With Pep and City doing what they do alone I don't think Klopp could hit that trophy count within 20 years.

Pep's dealing with a Liverpool side who are better than all of those teams, imo.

I think you're right in that Liverpool are more formidable than the rest of the top 5/6 from that era, but when you're looking at a league season then the potential to drop points against 4 or 5 competitive teams is more precarious than 1 super competitive one (+ our hex on them).

(****This is not to say I rate Mancini & Pellegrini > Pep!****)

They're CL winners, favourites for the CL final this season too, and have played every possible game available to them this season. Yet City will likely win a league. It's impressive as hell.

........Or is the fact that City will have played less games and will only win by the finest of margins actually not so impressive on closer inspection?

Should the Dippers have beaten us a couple of weeks ago; Pep would have ended up empty handed and the season would have been branded a failure for City!

.....There's also the spector of no CL that continues to loom over them. (Whereas this will be Klopp's 3rd final in 4 years and potentially win #2!)

They're essentially dominating a league with arguably the best side in Europe in it.

"Dominance" :

21/22: 1 point gap (City)
20/21: 17 point gap (City) >>>> One hell of a fucked-up season though.
19/20: 18 point gap (Liverpool)
18/19: 1 point gap (City)

Literally 1 point net difference since anyone else last won the league.

.......Obv. the trophy is what matters most, but there's perspective in the detail.

Chelsea aren't too shabby either, CL winners last season.

Domestically they're not the force they were 5 years ago and have struggle to scrape top 4 since Conte won the EPL in 16/17....

Pep's had lots of resources but has still done an exceptional job. I think he's a better coach than Klopp but Klopp is more suited to the underdog clubs, they're at the right teams essentially. Who you prefer will come down to personal opinion.

I guess the conclusive point to my ramblings is that all things considered I'd expect to see bigger margins from Pep to share the perspective that you have of him.

My issue with people saying Klopp is so amazing, he has won the league once. Like we were always reminded under Poch, being fun to watch and getting close to trophies doesn’t count. It’s about silverware and Klopp is not close to the top in those regards.

Back
Top Bottom