Come here to laugh at Dippers

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I guess the conclusive point to my ramblings is that all things considered I'd expect to see bigger margins from Pep to share the perspective that you have of him.

They've won the league with 90 odd points numerous times and 100 points once. You can't expect an even bigger gap when they're dropping that few points & Liverpool are very obviously also one of the best teams in the world.

Pep will have won 4 league titles, 4 Carabao cups & 1 FA cup since arriving. That's only two seasons without a league. Insane.

My issue with people saying Klopp is so amazing, he has won the league once. Like we were always reminded under Poch, being fun to watch and getting close to trophies doesn’t count. It’s about silverware and Klopp is not close to the top in those regards.
'Getting close to trophies...'

What are you on about? He's won a few things...

Liverpool
  • Premier League: 2019–20
  • FA Cup: 2021–22
  • EFL Cup: 2021–22
  • UEFA Champions League: 2018–19
  • UEFA Super Cup: 2019
  • FIFA Club World Cup: 2019

They've won the league with 90 odd points numerous times and 100 points once. You can't expect an even bigger gap when they're dropping that few points & Liverpool are very obviously also one of the best teams in the world.

Winning the head-to-heads alone would = a 6 point gap.

Maybe these are elite demand/expectations; but they are doable and I don't think that these are unrealistic standards to be held to given the "best team ever" & "best manager ever" tags are being thrown about at times and it's one the most expensive squads in history.

Pep will have won 4 league titles, 4 Carabao cups & 1 FA cup since arriving. That's only two seasons without a league. Insane.

Commendable; no doubt.

Winning the head-to-heads alone would = a 6 point gap.

Maybe these are elite demand/expectations; but they are doable and I don't think that these are unrealistic standards to be held to given the "best team ever" & "best manager ever" tags are being thrown about at times and it's one the most expensive squads in history.

Commendable; no doubt.

They’re not the best team ever and he’s not the best manager ever. He’s an elite manager though and he’s built one of the most dominant PL teams ever.

He deserves to be in that conversation of best PL managers. More so than Klopp with his one league title. IMO anyway, but I understand why people think Klopp is better.

They’re not the best team ever and he’s not the best manager ever. He’s an elite manager though and he’s built one of the most dominant PL teams ever.

He deserves to be in that conversation of best PL managers. More so than Klopp with his one league title. IMO anyway, but I understand why people think Klopp is better.

Purely EPL-based; for me:

1. Fergie
2. Wenger
3. Pep

...But in a broader, current-era head-to-head; see above fixxy-waffle.

'Getting close to trophies...'

What are you on about? He's won a few things...

Liverpool
  • Premier League: 2019–20
  • FA Cup: 2021–22
  • EFL Cup: 2021–22
  • UEFA Champions League: 2018–19
  • UEFA Super Cup: 2019
  • FIFA Club World Cup: 2019
He’s won the PL once and people put him with SAF. He’s won the CL once and people act like he’s a serial winner.

He is getting more credit for being close to winning then any manager. I’m not saying he’s not great, he is. But putting him as one of the best all time is premature.

He’s won the PL once and people put him with SAF. He’s won the CL once and people act like he’s a serial winner.

He is getting more credit for being close to winning then any manager. I’m not saying he’s not great, he is. But putting him as one of the best all time is premature.
Comparing him to Poch is daft too, IMO.

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Too bad the punk ass bitches took zero points from Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom