Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems strange. Jordan Hackett is coming to the end of his academy scholarship and would be expected to be offered a pro contract as he's well regarded as far as I know.

Maybe Newcastle are trying to lure him up north with a pro contract with better wages ? 18 year old Hackett plays as LCB/LB, same position as 22 year old Tobi Omole, otherwise we'd need to wait for 16 year old Meghoma to come through the academy to get a left sided defender. So I'd have expected Spurs to want to keep Hackett

No surprise - I think his last game over a year ago was a friendly to mark his comeback from an injury, but last competitive game might be as long as 3 years ago !

Now almost age 22 !

Grant Ward, 27, joined Blackpool from Ipswich in 2019 and made 56 appearances for the club, including in their 2020-21 League One play-off final win against Lincoln. Released 2022.

On the bench today were Brandon Austin (3rd GK), Harvey White, Matthew Craig and Dane Scarlett - Austin getting his first bench outing for a few months replacing Alfie Devine who was on the bench against Woolwich along with today's other three youngsters.

and Etete isn't that far behind either

Really puts into perspective the two players prospects.

Doesn't of course guarantee that either will be standout stars, but its clear already that both will/can play at Championship or higher level .... ...... and there are not that many players who you can say that about in any year group.

and Etete isn't that far behind either

Really puts into perspective the two players prospects.

Doesn't of course guarantee that either will be standout stars, but its clear already that both will/can play at Championship or higher level .... ...... and there are not that many players who you can say that about in any year group.

If we lose Bergwijn n Moura, Brennan Johnson? just checked he’s pure HG. Or, the result of a good team?

This thread is refuge before the damned, all youth should be heralded, for even playing for us at youth, is more than I ever achieved (we’ll nationals for basketball, but not footi).

If we lose Bergwijn n Moura, Brennan Johnson? just checked he’s pure HG. Or, the result of a good team?

Johnson was on loan at Lincoln (League 1) in 20/21 (last season) and did well with 13 goals in 49 matches before looking very good for Notts Forest this season so given he's put together decent numbers for 2 totally different teams/managers I'd go for him.

2nd choice would be Hull's Keane Lewis-Potter who's also done well this season (and some Hull supporters say he looks better than Jarrod Bowen - who is Wham's top forward this season - at a similar age.

Both might take a little while to get going in PL but both will be use to the more physical leagues and imo a better bet than Bryan Gil although he may or may not have more skill

BTW worth noting Parrott and Etete's stats this season in League 1 (Etete Leagues 1 and 2) are not dissimilar to Johnson last season.

BTW worth noting Parrott and Etete's stats this season in League 1 (Etete Leagues 1 and 2) are not dissimilar to Johnson last season.
Encouraging stuff again

but both will be use to the more physical leagues and imo a better bet than Bryan Gil although he may or may not have more skill

Now I know that every transfer is to some extent a gamble. There's never a guarantee that any player will be a success with us, but our record with players from overseas has been dire the past few seasons. Ridiculous amounts spunked on players who've been poor

Johnson was on loan at Lincoln (League 1) in 20/21 (last season) and did well with 13 goals in 49 matches before looking very good for Notts Forest this season so given he's put together decent numbers for 2 totally different teams/managers I'd go for him.

2nd choice would be Hull's Keane Lewis-Potter who's also done well this season (and some Hull supporters say he looks better than Jarrod Bowen - who is Wham's top forward this season - at a similar age.

Both might take a little while to get going in PL but both will be use to the more physical leagues and imo a better bet than Bryan Gil although he may or may not have more skill

Seen Johnson and Spence a few times now. Not at all sure how they would do in the EPL.
Johnson not lazy, but not very good in defence. Looks a lot better than Clarke did, though and we bought him!
On the evidence of the play offs I prefer Gibbs-White whose contract with Wolves expires 2023.
Helping out all over the pitch and scores as well.

Seen Johnson and Spence a few times now. Not at all sure how they would do in the EPL.
Johnson not lazy, but not very good in defence. Looks a lot better than Clarke did, though and we bought him!
On the evidence of the play offs I prefer Gibbs-White whose contract with Wolves expires 2023.
Helping out all over the pitch and scores as well.

Johnson is not yet 21 (he is in a few days ) so still time to coach his abilities in defence.

The Notts Forest manager is Steve Cooper who is very good with youth, so would be interesting for Spurs to talk to him to see what he says about the player (he's bound to be positive if selling player but answers to areas such as his defensive abilities could be interesting).

Notts Forest still in Championship play off at end of month so doubt if anything will happen until June now.

Only seems yesterday that Alex Ferguson tried to sell him for £6m after half a dozen starts for ManU and he wouldn't extend his contract. And of course Ferguson fury when he came to us via Standard Liege with ManU not getting many £'s for him.

One of those players that because Ferguson rated that we and everyone else thought he must be good (and we sold him to PL Crystal Palace), but he's moved to a lot of clubs including National League before coming back into League 2. Good luck to him ..... and hope he stays fit (one of his problems),

Dane Scarlett on loan to Norwich?

I wonder at his age whether a L1 club would be better as his first loan at that age (Parrott struggled in Championship last season and dropped to L1, repeated L1 this season and did much much better so maybe learn a lesson).

Etete and Parrott both better candidates for Norwich I think - proven experience of goals/assists/hard work in L1 this season, ideal to move up a division and other Championship clubs will be interested.

Back
Top Bottom