The Race for 4th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LDLWD
That's our form at Carrow Road.

WWWWWWWL
That's Woolwich's form at home against Everton.

I still think we will smash them 5-0.
Kane hat trick and Son brace.

4th place, Champions League, Golden Boot for Son, and settle my £50 bet with a mate that Kane would score more Premier League goals than Ronaldo this season.

Also had £50 Spurs would finish above his beloved Newcastle which hasn't been paid out yet pending the Kane vs Ronaldo bet - and the game is on my birthday. Sounds almost too good to be true.

.... oh god.
Scared Saturday Night Live GIF by HULU

I believe we will be focused and crush them. There's nothing to look past this game toward. Nothing to save players for, nothing to cause us to lose focus. It's all right there if they beat the bottom table, already relegated team with nothing to play for. This is not the type of game that we might sleepwalk through in November. I expect 3-4 goals.

hopefully now the pressure is off they actually perform better. lets hope thats the case with them anyway!
Surely it doesn’t matter how they perform and we shouldn’t be bothered. We should just take of our result. Why waste energy thinking of what Everton are gonna do.
It’s in our hands don’t rely on other results. Go for the win that’s it!
Too much talk of a draw as well! Again this is BS just go out to win which is the basic requirement of any game and in any sport. To bloody beat your opponent. I hate this talk of only needing a draw. That is typical spursy mentality if ever I’ve seen one.

I can't bloody watch this. I am not amused.

Now trying to decide between going full blackout then watching it later or just keeping up with events on my phone.

Why do 3 year olds need birthday parties?! No-one has friends at that age! Some of us still don't!
You won't be alone.... even those of us who actually are watching it won't be able to watch it (if you know what I mean?!!!)

Surely it doesn’t matter how they perform and we shouldn’t be bothered. We should just take of our result. Why waste energy thinking of what Everton are gonna do.
It’s in our hands don’t rely on other results. Go for the win that’s it!
Too much talk of a draw as well! Again this is BS just go out to win which is the basic requirement of any game and in any sport. To bloody beat your opponent. I hate this talk of only needing a draw. That is typical spursy mentality if ever I’ve seen one.
So true!
Nothing has changed since FT on Monday night.
The Newcastle result was the one we were relying on... And that went OUR way (for once!) So we don't have to do it again... It's in our hands for a reason... It means we have the 'relative luxury' of NOT having to worry about other results... Or have a distracting radio on in the background while you're trying to focus on the ONLY game that affects our destiny... Our OWN game!!

Besides, HAD Everton fucked up last night, do you think ANYONE would have ANY confidence of them turning in a performance on Sunday??

In either case, Everton we're gonna lose Sunday...
Either it's cos they're shit (if they lost last night)
...or they're on the beach (cos they won last night!)

Truth is, the penultimate fixture was always gonna dictate their final game... And neither goes in our favour!

We win/draw at Norwich, and it's done.

(Although if the Arse go 15-0 up in the first half an hour, I'll maybe start bricking it a little if we're not winning!!!!!

LDLWD

WWWWWWWL

4th place, Champions League, Golden Boot for Son, and settle my £50 bet with a mate that Kane would score more Premier League goals than Ronaldo this season.

Also had £50 Spurs would finish above his beloved Newcastle which hasn't been paid out yet pending the Kane vs Ronaldo bet - and the game is on my birthday. Sounds almost too good to be true.

.... oh god.
Weirdly, that's given me even more hope....

Saw a couple of 'Pattern theories' emerging this week, and if that's the case, then by my verbal reasoning reckoning:

The L-D-L-W-D... pattern is surely followed by a "W"
L D L W D W

...in addition
, Everton's 7 game winning streak at the Emirates has already begun, only 6 to go to match it up!!

Chill folks!👍

Damn I think people are overreacting a bit. I know it’s Spurs and this is an ideal scenario for Tottenham to bottle it, but I am sure it’s not the case. In any other circumstance, you wouldn’t worry about a game against Norwich, with all due respects. This is a team with nothing to play for, they don’t have any weird hatred towards Tottenham and at the end of the day, we have much better quality and manager to handle the job. If anything, you could argue that this is more about mentality than quality, but we’ve proven recently that we made some progress in that area (recent games against Woolwich and Burnley). The difference between this game and the one we fucked against Newcastle a few years ago is that we didn’t have anything to play for back then.

LDLWD

WWWWWWWL

.... oh god.

Woolwich had great form against Newcastle at St James. That was the old Newcastle though, we are Conte Spurs it’s not the same as Jose, Nuno or Mason Spurs.

One thing I will say is Norwich have nothing to play for but pride, so they are not turning up to defend all game. They will try to come at us, which will suit us perfectly. Our players are far too good for Norwich. We will batter them on the counter 100%. The only slight worry i have is us being brainless and someone getting sent off early. 100% a Spursy thing that is possible, but as long as we keep calm, we will smash Norwich to pieces

One thing I will say is Norwich have nothing to play for but pride, so they are not turning up to defend all game. They will try to come at us, which will suit us perfectly. Our players are far too good for Norwich. We will batter them on the counter 100%. The only slight worry i have is us being brainless and someone getting sent off early. 100% a Spursy thing that is possible, but as long as we keep calm, we will smash Norwich to pieces
Right...your account must be hacked... Admin Admin check it out...

Woolwich had great form against Newcastle at St James. That was the old Newcastle though, we are Conte Spurs it’s not the same as Jose, Nuno or Mason Spurs.

Whilst I agree to a degree, I would just point out our managers for those 5 fixtures;

(L) Hughton, (D) Villas-Boas, (L) Sherwood, (W) Pochettino, (D) Mourinho.

(Aurier & Vertonghen own goals included in the goal scorers)
Yeah - you have to go back 10 years to find 5 fixtures worth of away form at their place.

Back
Top Bottom