Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

16 clean sheets this season, a new Prem record for us, Romero only played 22 of those games by the way, we get a better LCB in plus two new wings backs and we are absolutely cooking under this man
I do want a new LCB, but I actually think Davies is hugely underrated. The last three games he's been an absolute god.

Having a player like Ben Davies as a backup CB is a privilage usually reserved for the likes of City.

I suppose theoretically that's true, he'll be more focused on getting his players than just the bottom line.

But his players are going to be expensive. They always are. Just look at how he negatively reacted to the transfer business at Inter and Chelsea before leaving. They were spending loads and he was still mad. He'll want to be backed to the hilt and quite honestly he deserves it.

It wasn't down to money as such...he left Inter because they were trying to sell players without his consent to balance the books but the Chelsea situation is the one we need to be wary of because they commited to sign Van Dijk and Lukaku and ended up with Morata and Rudiger, not getting managers their no1 targets is something that Levy has done in the past but since we have a DoF who knows the market I think things will be a little bit easier.

Season hasn't even been over for an hour and he is already putting pressure on Levy.
Never change, Antonio.

Also. Trust in Paratici. He'll know what Conte demands and do his best to deliver.

I just don't trust Levy. He will hate to be backed into a corner and won't be afraid to say bye bye to Tony and bring back easy to handle Poch

Our top four most productive managers in the league ever have come in the past 15 years under Levy.

That’s all you need to know about the progress weve made. It’s not linear but that is really impressive.
Yeah, we've followed up good transfer with good transfer for over a decade. We had Bale, Modric, VDV, King come and go, but we only got better as we brought in Jan, Dembele, Toby, Rose, Walker, Wanyama, Dele, Eriksen etc.

He's brought in Conte and Paratici who have done well to bring in Romero, Kulu, Benta and secure top 4. The Mou/Nuno years could have been like the goons or United, but instead we look well placed to cement our place above both of those sides and and maybe more.

Levy has to be given credit for giving Paratici the reins which in turn made it possible for us to attractive Don Conte.

Now we are well positioned to be the closest of the chasing pack on the top two next season with a few shrewd moves this summer.

We could easily been stuck with some mid-tier 'project' manager for many more years.

unreal turn around, was a few rocky spells where it was so poor he was flirting with the idea of quitting lol. then the doherty injury really fucked us as doherty was playing out of his skin and suited contes wingback system better than any other wing back at the club.

looking forward to next year! a fit doherty (lol) and a summer window with CL football to attract a higher quality of player. futures bright! COYS!

if the only 2 signings weve made since hes come in is an indication of things to come in the summer 🤤

For the record, by backing, I don't mean 'spend 150 million'. I simply mean by the exact players that he wants.

For example, and just for the sake of argument, if Conte turns around and says 'I want Kostic', I hope Levy gets him rather than grimacing and suggesting we go for someone younger, with more potential sell on value.

It wasn't down to money as such...he left Inter because they were trying to sell players without his consent to balance the books but the Chelsea situation is the one we need to be wary of because they commited to sign Van Dijk and Lukaku and ended up with Morata and Rudiger, not getting managers their no1 targets is something that Levy has done in the past but since we have a DoF who knows the market I think things will be a little bit easier.
To be fair, Rudiger is a pretty fucking good player!

For the record, by backing, I don't mean 'spend 150 million'. I simply mean by the exact players that he wants.

For example, and just for the sake of argument, if Conte turns around and says 'I want Kostic', I hope Levy gets him rather than grimacing and suggesting we go for someone younger, with more potential sell on value.
100%. He needs to pay the wages those players want, without quibling about sell on clauses etc.

I just don't trust Levy. He will hate to be backed into a corner and won't be afraid to say bye bye to Tony and bring back easy to handle Poch
& sadly a lot will still back levy & make excuses for him & remind of us the 90s.
I do worry levy won’t like the narrative that conte bullied him. So it all ends in tears again & we suffer :pochcry:

Back
Top Bottom