Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Manager sees out his contract.

Honestly, I don't get the bouncing about around this. I never thought he was going to walk away, not once, even when he was throwing his toys out of the pram one week and claiming the opposite the next.

Had today's news said he had signed a new contract committing himself to 3yrs or whatever then yeah, fair enough be pleased. But he hasn't his deal was an 18-month contract, he delivered in the first 6 months of it, and he now has 12 months left.

whatever-shrug.gif

Last edited:
He built that team and revolutionized us. Always welcome back imo. Had no stadium and no money for 18 months to spend on players. Disrespectful imo about poch. He was a great manager for us. Conte has done marvellous for us though.

Not so sure he actually built the team but he did well for 2/3 maybe 4 years but not a winner imv

I agree with your point about him not being properly backed though

Hopefully Daniel has learned his lesson

:levyeyes:

What???BREAKING NEWS!!!!! Manager sees out his contract.

Honestly, I don't get the bouncing about around this. I never thought he was going to walk away, not once, even when he was throwing his toys out of the pram one week and claiming the opposite the next.

Had today's news said he had signed a new contract vomiting himself to 3yrs or whatever then yeah, fair enough be pleased. But he hasn't his deal was an 18-month contract, he delivered in the first 6 months of it, and he now has 12 months left.

whatever-shrug.gif

‘Vomiting’???

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Think us going in to a NLD of the magnitude the Woolwich game was. With Sanchez, Dier and Davies as the 3 Central defenders. I would have shit my self. What an incredible job Conte has done with them and the team. And not just in defence. Can't be many teams that have scored more since he came in, or at least since the January transfer window. I'm so happy he's staying. Watch out Liverpool and City, we're coming to get you.

The disrespect .. honestly man that’s something a gooner would say, quite embarrassing
He was maybe too blunt, but Poch did bottle it a bit. Son wingback in a fucking final!!

I hope he does come back, but not anytime soon. Only after Son, Kane and the rest of the old gang have left.

The disrespect .. honestly man that’s something a gooner would say, quite embarrassing

Man got us to a CL final. Spurs. We won a semi final with Sissoko/Wanyama in midfield and Lucas/Dele (post decline..) up top vs a side who had humbled Real Madrid & Juventus. Not to mention knocking out a City side who hit 98 points that season and a really good Dortmund team too. We also had bloody Barca & Inter in the group stages.

Not to mention the incredible teams we had, with special mention to the team who challenged Conte's Chelsea. Easily the best, most dominant Spurs side I've seen. But he gets shit on by some 'fans' for gambling on Kane and losing a final vs a Liverpool side who beat Barca 4-0 and had 97 points in the PL. It's a fucking joke.

I loved Poch and I think he still loves us, but coming back anytime soon is not such a good idea, IMO.
Antonio is the right manager for us at this moment in time. If he gets the backing from the board, the time to build the team in his way and a little bit of a luck, I feel that we can get some silverware in the cabinet.

I’m so pleased about what Conte is doing for Spurs and hope he stays beyond his contract, but Poch was great for us and some fans have very short memories.

That previous comment from Bazali was embarrassing, and the fact so many agreed makes me really question the members on this forum.

Poch literally transformed Spurs with a shoestring budget, man worked miracles and deserves more respect.

So what he didn’t win the Carabao Cup? He built the most exciting Spurs team I’ve ever seen, made us a regular top 4 side, and got us to a Champions League final.

Back
Top Bottom