Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He's very much an Argentine style midfielder that just didn't suit us. He wants to play short quick passes through midfield, but needs players on that wavelength. Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko, don't play like that.

So I think he became disillusioned at Spurs, then the effort dropped, and he was looking for a way out. Best for both parties as it turns out.

He's had MoM performances for Argentina and Villareal in big games since, but I just think his skill set isn't very transferable. Ultimately it was another multi million pound error by our recruitment team. Whereas now at least we have a coach-DoF with a very clear idea of the type of players we need for the system we play.

He's very much an Argentine style midfielder that just didn't suit us. He wants to play short quick passes through midfield, but needs players on that wavelength. Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Winks, Sissoko, don't play like that.

So I think he became disillusioned at Spurs, then the effort dropped, and he was looking for a way out. Best for both parties as it turns out.

He's had MoM performances for Argentina and Villareal in big games since, but I just think his skill set isn't very transferable. Ultimately it was another multi million pound error by our recruitment team. Whereas now at least we have a coach-DoF with a very clear idea of the type of players we need for the system we play.
Nice post.

He's a bang average footballer that only looks good against bang average opposition. IE 80% of teams in Spain and 90% of teams played against in internationals.

Dutch auction?

AS have claimed that Tottenham would be willing to sell Giovani Lo Celso for a fee of around €20m-€25m (£16.9m-£21.1m) this summer amidst Villarreal’s interest in the midfielder.

El Periodico Mediterraneo subsequently claimed that although signing Lo Celso is the number one priority for Unai Emery’s side this summer, a deal for the 26-year-old would prove complex.

This has now been backed by AS who state that Villarreal are aware the Lo Celso operation will not be an easy one to close and they need to raise funds to bring the midfielder back to El Madrigal this summer.

I actually want to see him under Conte with the squad we have now. My gut feel is that he'll thrive with what we have going on now. I always felt that there was a good player in GLC but he just didn't have enough support around him. Now we have it.

I actually want to see him under Conte with the squad we have now. My gut feel is that he'll thrive with what we have going on now. I always felt that there was a good player in GLC but he just didn't have enough support around him. Now we have it.

Lol he is so shit he was left out of preseason and banished from the first team by Conte. He is rubbish and we need to move on and forget he ever existed.

Davinson Sanchez has scored more PL goals than him since he arrived 🤣

Lol he is so shit he was left out of preseason and banished from the first team by Conte. He is rubbish and we need to move on and forget he ever existed.
I don't think he was left out because he was shit but moreso the club and GLC himself wanted to part ways. He isn't a bad player at all. I'd like to see him paired up with Bent and/or YB and see what that looks like.

I don't think he was left out because he was shit but moreso the club and GLC himself wanted to part ways. He isn't a bad player at all. I'd like to see him paired up with Bent and/or YB and see what that looks like.
Seriously. Just stop.

Every time I see new comments on this thread I get my hopes up that we've finally sold this fanny fart of a footballer.

He's neither bad nor good. Mediocre footballer. He's at the perfect level with Villareal who despite their CL run are a 6th-8th placed team. He wasn't even a standout there, just another decent cog in a pretty average wheel.

20m Euros is about his value. We need to move on.

He's neither bad nor good. Mediocre footballer. He's at the perfect level with Villareal who despite their CL run are a 6th-8th placed team. He wasn't even a standout there, just another decent cog in a pretty average wheel.

20m Euros is about his value. We need to move on.
I agree he’s not a great footballer but if we can’t get rid of him which is what everyone wants, he’s not THAT big of a liability to have off the bench and for smaller games.

Seriously. Just stop.

Every time I see new comments on this thread I get my hopes up that we've finally sold this fanny fart of a footballer.
Do we have enough depth in the MF to field a 60 game season? Skipp already picked up an injury meaning we really only have 3 MF to rotate on day 1 assuming Winks and Ndombele are never going to suit up in a Spurs shirt again. We need one more player to rotate.

Back
Top Bottom