Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure …. I agree to certain extent but he’s got a strange body clock

Done adolescence in a flash … was a full grown man at 16…. Was class premier league player at 17 and peaked at 25

Now all of a sudden he’s 50

Like he exists in dog years

Maybe it's a previously undetected by-product of shagging old ladies before your time.

The prices for HG players in England reflect the shortage/availability of HG players in this country ....... which comes back to PL clubs being very poor at bringing HG players through - and seeing Skipp do well on loan at a Championship club being looking good at Spurs shows its certainly possible.

If most PL clubs brought through one HG player a year for a couple of years, prices for HG players would drop for sure ..... even if half those brought through were sold on after a year or two.

Its a straight forward supply and demand issue
The problem with English home grown players is they have to rise to the level of the best in Europe because the premier league has the buying power to buy the best players from European market

Of course those that do are then worth a small fortune

Not sure if serious...

Futurama Squinting GIF

On the off chance you are, that's Jude Law Bruv...
Haha, I had noticed that it was one Jude Law. I was more taken a back by the fact that Jude Law was being embraced by Harry and they were both pretending that was a normal thing. It's clearly not a normal thing, and without any context I happen to believe it's simply beautiful

Not sure where to put this but its transfer related for those interested .....

"The Italian's method of dealing with the remainder of the football side of the club is to surround himself with talented individuals, who are all experts in dealing with different facets and then report into him, creating a successful working management structure beneath him."

Music to my ears! :freundgoal:

Summary:

- Gretar Steinsson - Performance Director.
- Andy Scoulding - Assistant.
- Dean Rastrick - Academy Manager
- Simon Davies - Head of Methodology (ensuring a closer synergy between the first team and academy levels.) <<<< This sounds great!
- Chris Powell - Head of player development in the academy

Last edited:
"The Italian's method of dealing with the remainder of the football side of the club is to surround himself with talented individuals, who are all experts in dealing with different facets and then report into him, creating a successful working management structure beneath him."
This is like a basic management structure that every big company does.

But A) that’s not new news and B) the response is by a spurs supporter saying Bastoni is ours.

So that’s a misleading series of tweets.
I read it as Bastoni was staying at Inter and an Inter fan was excited about it.

Deal dead in the water IMO. Rather find that out now than at the end of August - time to ID the next target.

I never thought Nkunku was a possibility anyway and if Leipzig wants £100m then there's no way Spurs will go after hiim. Next...

RB Leipzig 'slap £100MILLION price tag on Christopher Nkunku to try to ward off transfer interest from Man United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Paris Saint-Germain in the French star'​

• RB Leipzig have reportedly given Christopher Nkunku a £100million price tag
  • The 24-year-old French forward scored 35 goals in all competitions last season
  • Manchester United, Liverpool, Woolwich and PSG have been credited with interest
  • And anyone who wants Nkunku 'must pay nine figures to secure his signature'

I never thought Nkunku was a possibility anyway and if Leipzig wants £100m then there's no way Spurs will go after hiim. Next...

RB Leipzig 'slap £100MILLION price tag on Christopher Nkunku to try to ward off transfer interest from Man United, Liverpool, Woolwich and Paris Saint-Germain in the French star'​

• RB Leipzig have reportedly given Christopher Nkunku a £100million price tag
  • The 24-year-old French forward scored 35 goals in all competitions last season
  • Manchester United, Liverpool, Woolwich and PSG have been credited with interest
  • And anyone who wants Nkunku 'must pay nine figures to secure his signature'
I'd be fine if we never signed another player whose surname begins with an N followed by another consonant. It's failed more than the one time it's succeeded.

Back
Top Bottom