Media Bias

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really think Conte’s outburst after the Burnley game was a calculated risk that he took to get a reaction from the players.

He has spoken about it recently.

If you read about Conte’s history he has studied sports psychology, and I think this was a method he used in an attempt to create a positive outcome for the team.

I really think Conte’s outburst after the Burnley game was a calculated risk that he took to get a reaction from the players.

If you read about Conte’s history he has studied sports psychology, and I think this was a method he used in an attempt to create a positive outcome for the team.
Personally I think it was a display of being an annoying cunt. He is an annoying cunt but he is our annoying cunt. I think the calculation was crowned on the occasion after the event.

Fucking Simon Jordan.

Says he's not a Levy fan and then goes on to defend Levy.

Why can't these people just be honest with everyone and themselves.

He's a bot, on the payroll, a cuck, a Levy lover, blah, blah, etc, etc, yawn yawn.

Am I doing this right guys ?
:harrylol:

Putin's blatantly got to him. :goonermong:

the number of time he's fallen out with boards and just walked, including a lawsuit against the chavs suggests he's not totally in control.

Just like the gurning German after the 1-1 recently.

Yup and the 'random' PSG link came after the draw against Brentford, pretty sure he puts shit out there himself to shake things up and gets his players to focus

Here's your bias:

A whole load of fake news Bollocks, that BBC Golden Boy Lineker perpetuated....

they can't WAIT for there to be another Lasagne-gate for them to all laugh at....
well FUCK YOU! We had our guard down last time in 2006... didn't see the Gooners coming (in our Lasagne, or whatever vile shit they put in there)

...well it's been 16 years of fucking laughs and jokes at our expense ever since... but just fucking WAIT till something similar happens to your darling Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City ArseAnal or Chelsea... there'll be a fucking witch hunt until the protagonists are caught, and jailed...
WE WERE JUST A FUCKING MEME TO YOU!

We get 4th on Sunday.... at a canter... let ArseAnal bitch and moan and try to shit in our stew again... they won't manage it twice...
Conte said there had been "three or four cases of stomach problems" surrounding Tottenham's previous match, a 1-0 win over Burnley on 15 May when Kane scored a decisive penalty.
"In this week I have to be honest, we had a couple of cases but we overcame the situation," he said.
They clearly tried something after the NLD, or how else did several of our players go down with stomach bugs again just before the Burnely game...? barely 48 hours after your rancid filthy hands had been in the building?

If you're gonna cheat, at least try something different this time!

REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD....

....THE FIRST COLD CUT IS THE DEEPEST!

see you Sunday, fuckers! North London is OURS!

Last edited:
Here's your bias:

A whole load of fake news Bollocks, that BBC Golden Boy Lineker perpetuated....

they can't WAIT for there to be another Lasagne-gate for them to all laugh at....
well FUCK YOU! We had our guard down last time in 2006... didn't see the Gooners coming (in our Lasagne, or whatever vile shit they put in there)

...well it's been 16 years of fucking laughs and jokes at our expense ever since... but just fucking WAIT till something similar happens to your darling Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City ArseAnal or Chelsea... there'll be a fucking witch hunt until the protagonists are caught, and jailed...
WE WERE JUST A FUCKING MEME TO YOU!

We get 4th on Sunday.... at a canter... let ArseAnal bitch and moan and try to shit in our stew again... they won't manage it twice...

They clearly tried something after the NLD, or how else did several of our players go down with stomach bugs again just before the Burnely game...? barely 48 hours after your rancid filthy hands had been in the building?

If you're gonna cheat, at least try something different this time!

REVENGE IS A DISH BEST SERVED COLD....

....THE FIRST COLD CUT IS THE DEEPEST!

see you Sunday, fuckers! North London is OURS!
I worry for your blood pressure mate

:dierpochhug:

I worry for your blood pressure mate

:dierpochhug:
Just getting 16 years of resentment out of my system... So that I'm calm and cool headed going into tomorrow....
yeah-right-right.gif

Wonder if the media will mention that half Mo Salah's goals were penalties while Son had none. The FA should sort that out, if it's a tie like this season, penalties are wiped off your score. Think it's fair.

BBC fan vote for young player of the year etc.

25 year old Luis Diaz with 4 goals, 3 assists is included in the nominee list
Broja 6 goals 0 assists
Gallagher 8 goals, 3 assists
and several other far less successful players.

but not Kulusevski.

It's meaningless in the end, but it is a symptom of why Spurs struggle to get fair treatment from refs and the admins at PL HQ.

I don't know if the media dislike us or not. But I do know they pander to certain other teams with a larger fanbase regardless as to what is happening in the footballing landscape.

Man United Man United Man United - non stop. As if they're still the kings of the PL despite it being 10 years since they last won it.

Woolwich - Young squad has done well. Young at 26 years old almost. Spurs finish second with an average age of 23 and we bottled it.

Liverpool pre Klopp would automatically be one of the favourites to clean up every season, even if they finished 8th the year before.

But Spurs - 5 CL finishes in 7 years are often overlooked and written off. We have been in a form of European competition almost every year for over 10 years. Can West Ham say that? Yet they seem to get a massive fucking pat on the back for one season in the ropey league.

We go 13 years without a trophy and are ridiculed. But West Ham go 42 years and no one seems to be counting.
Newcastle are past the 50 year mark, but why is that not constantly brought up?
When did Villa or Everton last win anything? The 90's?
Crystal Palace have never won a top domestic trophy (title, FA Cup or League cup)
Why is it that us going 13 years is seen as a stick to beat us with, but these other teams get a pass.

I don't know if the media dislike us or not. But I do know they pander to certain other teams with a larger fanbase regardless as to what is happening in the footballing landscape.

Man United Man United Man United - non stop. As if they're still the kings of the PL despite it being 10 years since they last won it.

Woolwich - Young squad has done well. Young at 26 years old almost. Spurs finish second with an average age of 23 and we bottled it.

Liverpool pre Klopp would automatically be one of the favourites to clean up every season, even if they finished 8th the year before.

But Spurs - 5 CL finishes in 7 years are often overlooked and written off. We have been in a form of European competition almost every year for over 10 years. Can West Ham say that? Yet they seem to get a massive fucking pat on the back for one season in the ropey league.

We go 13 years without a trophy and are ridiculed. But West Ham go 42 years and no one seems to be counting.
Newcastle are past the 50 year mark, but why is that not constantly brought up?
When did Villa or Everton last win anything? The 90's?
Crystal Palace have never won a top domestic trophy (title, FA Cup or League cup)
Why is it that us going 13 years is seen as a stick to beat us with, but these other teams get a pass.
'cos, whether the media like it or not... They KNOW we're still one of the 4/5/6 biggest clubs in the League!

You can argue that Man Utd and Liverpool are bigger....
Everton & Arse have more trophies, but we're on a par with them both in terms of size...
Man City & Chelsea are a bloated botoxed version of a football club...

So whilst they've had undoubted success and trophies... I'd argue whether they are physically 'BIGGER' clubs than us or not!

West Ham, Newcastle and Palace don't even come into the equation.... Their expectations are nowhere near ours.

Obviously, in 5 years or so, once Newcastle have bought every player/trophy available, you'll have s tough job lumping them back in with West Ham or Palace, but summit has to give...
There's not room at the Top Table for EVERYONE...
If Newcastle 'buy their way in' it'll most likely be at the expense of Chelsea (hopefully) rather than us...
But Liverpool, City, Utd and annoyingly Arse will still feel they have a right to be there, and that WE are the type of club muscling in on their 'birthright!!'

entitled cunts!

Last edited:
Another one for the "negative story about football with a Spurs photo" collection...

I'm gonna try to mentally note whenever there's a "positive story about football with a Spurs photo" just to see if it's just confirmation bias on our part.

I can't rememeber a previous instance though.

I'm gonna try to mentally note whenever there's a "positive story about football with a Spurs photo" just to see if it's just confirmation bias on our part.

I can't rememeber a previous instance though.
I think someone mentioned it before, in so much as if Harry Kane (for example)has a positive story printed about him, he'd be in an England shirt...
If it's negative, he'll most likely be in a Spurs shirt, doing that 'aghast' expression he sometimes does when (on the odd occasion) he misses a chance...

That kinda thing...

Back
Top Bottom