Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

think it was trix

It was Hercules.

Screenshot-2022-06-20-160552.jpg

wonder if its conte deciding if he wants eriksen or not

we all know levy wants him back here

doubt it would take this long if conte wanted him

I reckon it's more likely us seeing whether a rival goes for him.
If he wants to stay at Brentford, fine. If he wants to go abroad, fine. If Man United go for him - "come home Chris"

There's times when you need the midfield to chip in if you wanna step up beyond a top 4 challenge though, we've obviously got a very dangerous front 3 but if teams are able to cut service to them (as Brentford & Brighton did) then we have issues and nobody else really steps up.

I'm sure Paratici is looking at other options. Hopefully we acquire a player in that mould.
I agree, and I'm worried about this situation.
eriksen is the only player of that kind we seem to look for

Thing with Eriksen is , I'd imagine as a free agent he will be turn out to be pretty expensive. With no transfer free you'd think he would garner a lot of interest from clubs that no doubt will offer him a large signing fee and fat wage packet.

As a clue as to what you're looking at, Fenway paid about £300m to buy Liverpool from the prior owners, who themselves paid £250m there or there abouts. When you're talking billions, you're talking about no limit spending IMO. They will carry on the way they always have and throw cash around. Especially this first window as they've lost a lot of senior players for nothing.

It's because we filter out the normal Woolwich fans and only focus on the idiots. They probably do the same to us. It's human nature to only focus on what you're looking for.

On the contrary, it's good to call them out. You'd be banned in seconds on there. They need to have people telling they're either liars or being lied to.

I said to my Chelsea mate that we'd go for Conte before he left Inter. He said I was mad and he'd cost a fortune. I said he'd leave. That was months before he went. *I didn't say at the time we'd get him.
It was obvious trouble was brewing for him and we needed a miracle.

Yes I believe he was. Prick.

You are correct that Fenway bought Liverpool for a song, but that in 2010 (12 years ago) and it was a court forced sale (much more so than Chelsea) which generally means the price will be low anyway.

But the rise in revenue streams for all clubs since then has been huge - which is why there was a queue of buyers and lots of money chasing them.

But PL had to give consent to transfer ownership of the share in PL , and I'm sure that the new owners will have been reminded that FFP exists, so no free ride for new owners to go on a spending spree

Maybe United are willing to pay him 230k per week. Or Eriksen just doesn't want to tread old ground and is interested in a fresher challenge. I wouldn't be too worried about it, club seems to have some idea what they're at this summer.
It would be a fresh challenge. New manager, mostly new players. I think he would thrive and so would we..

Their DoF can and will say what he likes - but Inter cannot afford the wages of the incoming Lukaku and Dybala without selling 2 high earners - Inter's wages were too high last season so these 2 signings just make a bad position worse. Particularly with debt holders demanding wage cuts and profits on sale of players.

And with 2 high earning forward coming in the logical one to go is Martinez - but it could be 2 CB's instead.
Is Marotta actually on board with what Suning need to do not to lose the club? Shouldn't be going near Dybala and Lukaku on a collective half a million a week?

Just want to drop this question.

In my eyes we are about three players away from being able to fight for the top. I think we need a centre back a RB and another striker.

What attacking player do we think would be best? Personally I would love to see Martinez come in from Inter.

Thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom