Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Felix has looked a lot better in recent games compared to his first two seasons in Madrid. I think he is starting to find his game at the top level. Only 22 years old and pretty versatile so if he is available, to me he would be a great buy.

Felix has looked a lot better in recent games compared to his first two seasons in Madrid. I think he is starting to find his game at the top level. Only 22 years old and pretty versatile so if he is available, to me he would be a great buy.
Think they would want the 115m back and I don't see that level of player

Spurs are a financial juggernaut. Their projected revenues will overtake every other club in the PL
If it wasn't for oil City, we'd have third highest revenue in a normal season behind United and Liverpool.

United and Liverpool have much bigger fanbases and their shirt/kit sponsor deals are about double what we get. Not to mention sleeve and other sponsors.

United have a bigger stadium capacity, so they can pull in a lot of ticket sales. Liverpool are expanding and will soon have 60k too.

We're not overtaking them without serious success on the pitch, followed by upgraded sponsorships.

I see levy has taken over negotiations for spence to free up patarici. Probably dragged on. Middlesbrough officials will now get a headache now levy has stepped in. Even ferguson wrote it was like having a hip replacement negotiating with levy. Amusing.

forget all the others Josko Gvardiol should be our main target now!
What a signing he would be! But Leipzig apparently wants around £75-80m+ for him, and I doubt Spurs are ready to pay that. And he's said he wants to stay at the club. Gvardiol & Romero (maybe add Zabarnyi as future CCB) would keep Spurs rock solid for the next decade.

Players - Sportslumo

Joško Gvardiol: RB Leipzig’s Croatian Gem in Defense

Last edited:

People are quick to forget what kind of player he was. PEH ended in the same goal scoring position every other week and done nothing.

As a midfield rotation against bus parkers, he would be elite.

Don't mind too much if we go for cheapo options in defence (Spence + Ndicka) as long as we make up for it with our attacking signings.

I'd imagine Spence and Ndicka would cost 50m, add Bissouma's 35 to that and our entire spend will be more than offset by the sales of:
- Bergjwin (25)
- CCV (7)
- Rodon (15)
- GLC (25)
- Reguilon (25)

Still leaves plenty of powder dry to go big for the likes of Martinez, Rafinha, Richarlison, Jesus.

Back
Top Bottom