Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If it wasn't for oil City, we'd have third highest revenue in a normal season behind United and Liverpool.

United and Liverpool have much bigger fanbases and their shirt/kit sponsor deals are about double what we get. Not to mention sleeve and other sponsors.

United have a bigger stadium capacity, so they can pull in a lot of ticket sales. Liverpool are expanding and will soon have 60k too.

We're not overtaking them without serious success on the pitch, followed by upgraded sponsorships.

I don't have a source to look at but i would suggest that our match day ticket revenue is very similar to that of United and more than Scouse given the cost of tickets at each club?

We would surely make up additional revenue in non matchday events and NFL deals that's surely must be more than shirt sponsorships?

Just a guess?

I don't have a source to look at but i would suggest that our match day ticket revenue is very similar to that of United and more than Scouse given the cost of tickets at each club?

We would surely make up additional revenue in non matchday events and NFL deals that's surely must be more than shirt sponsorships?

Just a guess?
I think we will have the most money generated by the stadium out of any club, United is close to 100m we'll probably be close to 120m.

Where we're losing ground is stuff like the shirt deals, United was getting close to 70m from Chevrolet till last season. Nike pays chavs about 60m a year, as does Addidas to the gooners, we're getting a measly 30m from Nike and about the same from AIA.

I think Raphinha is the best player out of those 3 and solves our creativity issues. Outscored Richarlison 11 goals to 10 last season as well. I'd be gutted if Woolwich got him, less so the other 2.
Obviously it’s good to have squad rotation and depth but find it so odd that Woolwich would pay 50m+ for Raphinha when they have Saka as they are both specialized RWs who can’t comfortably play elsewhere. Even that Portuguese kid they just bought has played a lot of RW and looks lightweight to play CM for at least a few years.

Saka is their one player I’m actually jealous of and they desperate for a CF. Even LW is more of an issue for them, Martinelli is young and has some promise but I don’t buy all the hype. But the Kroenkes have been giving Arteta a shit ton of money so who knows.

I think we will have the most money generated by the stadium out of any club, United is close to 100m we'll probably be close to 120m.

Where we're losing ground is stuff like the shirt deals, United was getting close to 70m from Chevrolet till last season. Nike pays chavs about 60m a year, as does Addidas to the gooners, we're getting a measly 30m from Nike and about the same from AIA.
Yep.

Heart goes Raphinha because he is classy but head is very much Richarlison, he is the most rounded of them, aggressive, decent finisher, powerful hold up play and can genuinely play striker and winger, saved Everton’s arse this season and seems to have a strong mentality as well as let’s be honest dark arts.

Jesus a distant 3rd, in a team of elite AM’s supporting him he is less than deadly, goes missing a lot as well and doesn’t seem trusted by Pep or Brazil to the level you would want. Would be I think an average signing on the whole.
Yea I echo this, and that's with me really not loving Richarlison. He's the type of player that I can see people loving if he plays for your side, but I'd be lying if I didn't think he was an absolute twat over the last few years. All of that doesn't take away that he puts out decent numbers in an Everton side that is plagued by issues. The fact that he can play across the entire front line also makes him a very appealing signing.

Jesus is an odd one, I just don't really see him being the main CF for a side, or one that will change the game.

I'd imagine the only way Woolwich pip us to Jesus or Raphina is if they outbid us on the fee or we prefer Richarlison. By no metric are they a more attractive club these days.

We likely know no one else is really in for Richarlison and so we are using the links to alternatives to try for a lower fee. The player's head is turned and Everton know they need to sell this summer.

I'd agree that Richarlison is probably the best fit for us and has that mentality we need and seem to be building with our new signings.

Jesus is a decent cover option and Raphina is a tad overrated for the price.

Hopefully some movement either way by the end of the week.

I see levy has taken over negotiations for spence to free up patarici. Probably dragged on. Middlesbrough officials will now get a headache now levy has stepped in. Even ferguson wrote it was like having a hip replacement negotiating with levy. Amusing.
I find this really amusing, Like Fergie obv just wanted to take our best player for fuck all and we're supposed to criticize Levy for being a pain in the fucking hole to deal with for Ferguson.

Fuck Him and Fuck United.

Yea I echo this, and that's with me really not loving Richarlison. He's the type of player that I can see people loving if he plays for your side, but I'd be lying if I didn't think he was an absolute twat over the last few years. All of that doesn't take away that he puts out decent numbers in an Everton side that is plagued by issues. The fact that he can play across the entire front line also makes him a very appealing signing.

Jesus is an odd one, I just don't really see him being the main CF for a side, or one that will change the game.
Richarlson is a massive twat, but he works hard and is decent in the air and versatile. My 8 year old hates him but im coming around to the idea, especially if we can trade some shit in exchange like Winks

Richarlison is a lot less risky than Raphina having plied his trade in the PL for years and not hankering for a move to Barca or whatever.

He's proven himself to be a hard worker too.

I'd imagine the only way Woolwich pip us to Jesus or Raphina is if they outbid us on the fee or we prefer Richarlison. By no metric are they a more attractive club these days.

We likely know no one else is really in for Richarlison and so we are using the links to alternatives to try for a lower fee. The player's head is turned and Everton know they need to sell this summer.

I'd agree that Richarlison is probably the best fit for us and has that mentality we need and seem to be building with our new signings.

Jesus is a decent cover option and Raphina is a tad overrated for the price.

Hopefully some movement either way by the end of the week.

They probably have Jesus tbh, makes sense for him to go there, especially if the salary rumours are true.

Back
Top Bottom