Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd imagine the only way Woolwich pip us to Jesus or Raphina is if they outbid us on the fee or we prefer Richarlison. By no metric are they a more attractive club these days.

We likely know no one else is really in for Richarlison and so we are using the links to alternatives to try for a lower fee. The player's head is turned and Everton know they need to sell this summer.

I'd agree that Richarlison is probably the best fit for us and has that mentality we need and seem to be building with our new signings.

Jesus is a decent cover option and Raphina is a tad overrated for the price.

Hopefully some movement either way by the end of the week.
Jesus may prefer Woolwich, simply because the only reason he's intentionally downgrading from City is to get gametime at CF. Woolwich much better guarantee of that.

But for Raphinha, choosing Woolwich over us makes no sense. Saka at RW is their star player. Also if he rotates for Woolwich, that means he may be starting Europa. At Spurs, even if rotated in PL, he'll be starting in CL.

Out of Jesus, Richarlison and Raphinha, who seem to be the 3 forwards we are heavily linked too. Who would you want?
Richarlison for me.

I think Raphinha might be the “best” of the group but I can’t see him playing through the middle. We need someone who can take minutes away from Kane, which Richarlison definitely can. He’s also got a great attitude, is quite talented and can finish well.

I don’t really rate Jesus honestly

Raphinha is much better at LW than Richarlison is at RW.
Richarlison's advantage is that he can also play CF.
LW and CF coverage is vital for us as they are the positions of our two world class operators and we need to reduce the impact when one of them is out.

Stick with Lucas or another lower profile signing as cover for Kulu at RW.

Son - Kane - Lucas is still a fine front 3 but Raphina - Son - Kulu is less so imo.

Also, I think we will have more options to play a 352 next season meaning another natural CF option is even more important. Son, Kane, Kulu, Richarlison could all play in a top 2, Raphina couldn't.

I'd imagine the only way Woolwich pip us to Jesus or Raphina is if they outbid us on the fee or we prefer Richarlison. By no metric are they a more attractive club these days.

We likely know no one else is really in for Richarlison and so we are using the links to alternatives to try for a lower fee. The player's head is turned and Everton know they need to sell this summer.

I'd agree that Richarlison is probably the best fit for us and has that mentality we need and seem to be building with our new signings.

Jesus is a decent cover option and Raphina is a tad overrated for the price.

Hopefully some movement either way by the end of the week.
The one thing you’ve got to remember is Edu was working at the Brazilian FA before Woolwich and is in with the web of Brazilian and Portuguese agents. This probably gives them an advantage with Brazilian players.

Richarlison is a lot less risky than Raphina having plied his trade in the PL for years and not hankering for a move to Barca or whatever.

He's proven himself to be a hard worker too.
Yeah I really rate Raphinha but sounds like they want between 60-70 million pounds? That’s a lot for a player, even one as good as him.

When I watched him for Leeds I saw a great player but not sure I saw him as THAT level of player.

The one thing you’ve got to remember is Edu was working at the Brazilian FA before Woolwich and is in with the web of Brazilian and Portuguese agents. This probably gives them an advantage with Brazilian players.
Eh, at the end of the day, elite players want to play Champions League football for the best coaches in the world. Woolwich have the Thursday night special and legoman.

Get Raphinha in, he‘d get us out of our seats every game he plays.

I‘d happily let the Chavs have Richarlison and the Goons have Jesus if we could pull this one off.

LW and CF coverage is vital for us as they are the positions of our two world class operators and we need to reduce the impact when one of them is out.
Raphinha covers LW though, and Son can operate at CF imo. Many times during matches he's basically at CF with Kane CAM.

Son - Kane - Lucas is still a fine front 3 but Raphina - Son - Kulu is less so imo
The choice, if Kane is injured, is this:
Son Richarlison Kulu vs Raphinha Son Kulu

But if everyone is fully fit, Raphinha has much better chance of breaking into our starting XI by challenging Kulu. Rich is poor at RW, and realistically will never be better than Son/Kane.

Son, Kane, Kulu, Richarlison could all play in a top 2, Raphina couldn't.
Why do you think Raphinha can't play in a front 2?

I’m thinking I might be a minority based on the excitement I’m seeing right now, but I think Raphina’s another smoke screen…

Like has been said many times before, we’ve been keeping our business quiet so far, would we let it be known we’re about to make a bid, especially if our rivals are sniffing around also?

Eh, at the end of the day, elite players want to play Champions League football for the best coaches in the world. Woolwich have the Thursday night special and legoman.
Maybe, but you still see agents pushing players to clubs outside the CL if it suits them financially.’ Woolwich wouldn’t be going for these guys if agent hadn’t given them encouragment.

I think we can count out Gabriel Jesus.. according to this they're offering him more than 300k per week.

Can't wait to see the Woolwich vloggers claim he goes there because of their 'bigger pull' than us.

charlie-day-thumbs-up.gif

For our needs, I'd have Richarlison first of the three Brazilians, but Raphina is my favourite of the three. Been watching a few of his LW performances for Leeds and he's quite effective there, so would be a great rotation for both Kulu and Son.

Richarlison being able to play through the middle and being an aerial threat makes him #1 for me. If we really do go for Raphina, I'd expect we try to sign a centre forward as well. Don't expect Conte will be left in the position of previous managers with just one legit central striker.

Back
Top Bottom