Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we can count out Gabriel Jesus.. according to this they're offering him more than 300k per week.

300K?... Jesus...

big-lebowski-you-said-it-man.gif

jesus-biglebowski.gif

If we truly have £150m net spend as indicated by ENIC’s cash injection, why can’t we afford both Raphinha and Richarlison?
Sell Lucas to Everton!

You know what... Lucas to Everton or Leeds as a sweetener and Bergwijn out the door to make a front 5 option of Kane, Richarlison, Son, Kulusevski and Raphina would leave us in a RIDICULOUS situation when it comes to options to make the most out of.

Raphina and Kulusevski competing on the right, Richarlison and Sonny on the left, Kane and Richarlison competing up top in a season that will span 50 games plus a mid season break. Liking how versatile that would be and how it would massively take advantage of the 5 man sub rule coming in.

You know what... Lucas to Everton or Leeds as a sweetener and Bergwijn out the door to make a front 5 option of Kane, Richarlison, Son, Kulusevski and Raphina would leave us in a RIDICULOUS situation when it comes to options to make the most out of.

Raphina and Kulusevski competing on the right, Richarlison and Sonny on the left, Kane and Richarlison competing up top in a season that will span 50 games plus a mid season break. Liking how versatile that would be and how it would massively take advantage of the 5 man sub rule coming in.

Lucas wants to go back home to Brazil next year, he's not going to Leeds or Everton. I'd be surprised if he leaves at all, loves it with us and will be happy to play his part next year from the bench, the odd start in the Prem and cup games.

Exactly, why not both?

We have 150 million plus outgoings. We can spend like 100 million on both of them and then get a decent LCB for like 30 million.

Spot on.

Son Kane Kulu Raphinha Richarlison is probably the squad attack in the world due to versatility and strength in depth.
As you point out there is 5 sub rule, and we can fight for multiple competitions, so they should all get plenty of game time.

I'd just wait till Swissrable does his breakdown.

Last year's results were out on June 30th, so I expect the same this time.

Spurs accounts are made up to 30 June, but not likely to be published until November (ish) if following same timetable as last year when published 23 November - technically the last date they could publish them is 31 March 2023, but last year brought it forward I suspect to give confidence that we were not going bust.

I find this really amusing, Like Fergie obv just wanted to take our best player for fuck all and we're supposed to criticize Levy for being a pain in the fucking hole to deal with for Ferguson.

Fuck Him and Fuck United.

Then we see Aulas commonly depicted as a hard-ass.... Inter proving a pain in the arse..... Ajax pleading poverty over Berg.... City refusing to include Sancho in the Walker deal....

It's almost like all chairmen feel obliged to grind out the deal that's best for their respective clubs.

Spurs accounts are made up to 30 June, but not likely to be published until November (ish) if following same timetable as last year when published 23 November - technically the last date they could publish them is 31 March 2023, but last year brought it forward I suspect to give confidence that we were not going bust.
November?
Levy out. Penny pinching until half way through the financial year.
Get the pitchforks out.
Seriously I wanted that lot out after the ESL (& from time to time before that farce) but I can’t fault them recently. Can’t we all just reflect on where we were when NoNo left and look at where we are now?
I’m pumped for what comes next and am buckled up for the ride.

Neymar is apparently available.

That's the sort of signing a big Champions League club makes.

He's on about 600k p/w, had major injury issues and would likely refuse to join regardless of any of that, just because we finished 4th it doesn't mean that suddenly the highest reputation players are willing to join us.

Back
Top Bottom