Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He should but he won't. Unfortunately he doesn't have the Bale athleticism and wow factor for the casual viewer.

a LOT of people prefer Son over him for the same reason. Outside of the Spurs who watch week in week out, Son will be remembered much more than Kane.

Highly doubtful. He'll retire as top scorer of Spurs & England. I honestly don't think he's that underrated outside of Spurs, but maybe just my experience? All my football loving friends think he's fucking class - Liverpool fans, United fans, whoever. They all think he's the complete package and one of the best centre forwards on the planet. That's how he's viewed in the media & by current players and coaches too.

When he retires he'll be in that 'best PL striker ever' discussion alongside Shearer, Henry, Aguero, Rooney etc.

Highly doubtful. He'll retire as top scorer of Spurs & England. I honestly don't think he's that underrated outside of Spurs, but maybe just my experience? All my football loving friends think he's fucking class - Liverpool fans, United fans, whoever. They all think he's the complete package and one of the best centre forwards on the planet. That's how he's viewed in the media & by current players and coaches too.

When he retires he'll be in that 'best PL striker ever' discussion alongside Shearer, Henry, Aguero, Rooney etc.
I suppose it's annecdotal for both of us, but from what I see English fans absolutely loathe Kane for some completely vague, made up reasons.

There's a grudging acceptance of his undeniable quality, but I think they'll forget him far sooner than a player of his quality deserves. He'll be like Andy Cole - third highest scorer in PL history but most young kids that know of shearer and Rooney won't know of him.

They're much more willing to accept Son. He's got that classic winger flair of quickly changing directions, those solo dribbles across more than half the pitch, the infectious enthusiasm etc. and Kane has zero charisma. A LOT of people think Son is better than Kane.

I think you and I can agree that Kane is still a level above Son.

To be fair you also troll people with your comments about England having a better team than France.

:llorisunsure:

If we had a more competent manager in charge that gets the best out of players I don't think there should be that much of a difference. The difference comes with the squad depth. We have some of the best full-backs in the world, and our attack of Foden, Sterling and Kane should be as good as any if they play to club form. Don't get me wrong, I still think France have an even stronger 11 on paper and probably the best 11 in the world. But the difference isn't massive, far from.

I always get the impression that Deschamps doesn't even know his actual best 11 either.

If we had a more competent manager in charge that gets the best out of players I don't think there should be that much of a difference. The difference comes with the squad depth. We have some of the best full-backs in the world, and our attack of Foden, Sterling and Kane should be as good as any if they play to club form. Don't get me wrong, I still think France have an even stronger 11 on paper and probably the best 11 in the world. But the difference isn't massive, far from.

I always get the impression that Deschamps doesn't even know his actual best 11 either.
If England had a great manager then there’s the talent to have a better team than France, who can look a little disjointed at times.

There’s been a lot of experimentation from Deschamps in terms of personnel and formation which would be a worry for most teams. There is a certain confidence you get from being world champions and having an abundance of talent that makes me view that as « information gathering » rather than incessant tinkering. The time to be good is in November, not now.

That being said there’s the curse of the winner getting knocked out in group stage… and France are certainly capable of that. Draw to Australia, lose to Denmark… then suddenly you’re in one point to play Tunisia… any divisons in the camp can get exposed. No french fan out of their teens would be complacent about that!

England have the talent to win it. For me they’re 5/6th favourites and I would bet it’s going to S America

If England had a great manager then there’s the talent to have a better team than France, who can look a little disjointed at times.

There’s been a lot of experimentation from Deschamps in terms of personnel and formation which would be a worry for most teams. There is a certain confidence you get from being world champions and having an abundance of talent that makes me view that as « information gathering » rather than incessant tinkering. The time to be good is in November, not now.

That being said there’s the curse of the winner getting knocked out in group stage… and France are certainly capable of that. Draw to Australia, lose to Denmark… then suddenly you’re in one point to play Tunisia… any divisons in the camp can get exposed. No french fan out of their teens would be complacent about that!

England have the talent to win it. For me they’re 5/6th favourites and I would bet it’s going to S America

It's going to Spain. You heard it here first .. well okay probably not, they're really good.

They're gonna play keep ball in the heat all tournament & the top coach they have combined with every player they have possessing good fundamentals will lead them to the trophy.

(France I think might suffer a bit from the decline of Varane, Kante, Pogba & Griezmann. That quartet really helped power you through a couple of tournaments but not a single one is playing at a high level for their clubs.)

England will go out in the quarter finals, probably on penalties, after looking tired for 120 minutes.

I'm as patriotic and biased as they come but even I don't think we have more talent than France haha. But we definitely have much more talent than we've ever shown under Southgate and he only got away with performances in general because we've somewhat stumbled along to semi-finals and finals. A lot of Nations are weaker than they once were though, there's no getting away from that.

I'll always give Southgate a LOT of credit for getting all the players onboard and making them look like they actually enjoy playing for their country again instead of it almost being a burden or a duty. But he's such a bad fit for the talent England have and the area of the pitch where most of that talent is. It's the same as Mourinho in that he was never going to be a good fit for Manchester United.

It's going to Spain. You heard it here first .. well okay probably not, they're really good.

They're gonna play keep ball in the heat all tournament & the top coach they have combined with every player they have possessing good fundamentals will lead them to the trophy.

(France I think might suffer a bit from the decline of Varane, Kante, Pogba & Griezmann. That quartet really helped power you through a couple of tournaments but not a single one is playing at a high level for their clubs.)

England will go out in the quarter finals, probably on penalties, after looking tired for 120 minutes.
Hopefully to France.

Good call on Spain.

I think squad depth will go a long way in the heat. I think that helps France. Was a great game in the nations league final against Spain.

Griezmann’s decline is more than compensated by Benzema’s reintroduction. I agree that Varane, Kanté and Pogba represent unknowns. It’s their last World Cup (Camavinga and Tchouameni coming through as well as a host of CBs) so I hope their experience winning champions leagues and playing big games helps. It’s a short tournament not a league and their form for country has always been strong (Pogba especially looks a different player).

The frustrating thing with England is that even if a few other Nations in Europe are just as or even stronger on paper, with the players we have, we should be an exciting team that no other side wants to face. A genuine world-class striker. A magician in Foden. Sheer pace in Sterling. Add to that the wing-backs who are among the best around. Bellingham in midfield who is a top talent, and Rice who is right up there with any other defensive midfielders outside of Kante at his best...

But fuck England. They have been such a let down of late and will continue to be so until a manager with fresh ideas and a mentality to actually win games of football is appointed.

Hopefully to France.

Good call on Spain.

I think squad depth will go a long way in the heat. I think that helps France. Was a great game in the nations league final against Spain.

Griezmann’s decline is more than compensated by Benzema’s reintroduction. I agree that Varane, Kanté and Pogba represent unknowns. It’s their last World Cup (Camavinga and Tchouameni coming through as well as a host of CBs) so I hope their experience winning champions leagues and playing big games helps. It’s a short tournament not a league and their form for country has always been strong (Pogba especially looks a different player).

Probably. Although you're in a group with the Dutch right? Wouldn't underestimate LVG at a tournament, his last Dutch team had big gaps in terms of talent but his system works well in big games. Wouldn't be surprised to see them top it. They'd beat us, Southgate is no match for LVG.

If Mbappe/Benzema turn up you probably win it. Those two on song is too much for any international defence unless they fully park the bus, get some luck & take it to pens.

Anyway, the Kane thread seems to have become the WC thread lol .. it's still a long way off so players could enter/exit form/pick up injuries etc, who knows..

And with Son and Kulusevski..he didnt win it. Maybe we should bring Sissoko back.

Tbf once Kulu came in, his goalscoring was at a very high level. Probably would've got like 20 goals/15 assists minimum in the league if we had that front 3 all season.

He essentially fucked off for the first part of the season, which was a bit of a dick move.

Back
Top Bottom