Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What the fuck happened to "Have we signed..." I was happy there for 3 pages..

Don't do this to me. I'm going for an ice cream. Going to get fat from handling this lack of signings, it has been days now.

Not sure if it’s good or bad that Levy is handling this transfer while others focus on different deals. Maybe that’s why the deal is taking ages.

Not sure if it’s good or bad that Levy is handling this transfer while others focus on different deals. Maybe that’s why the deal is taking ages.
It's 'cos Spence already wants to come to us, so Levy doesn't have to 'sell the club' to him... which rarely ends well!
Paritici can concentrate on the charm offensive with *Bastoni, and/or Richarledson (or whoever is yet to make up their mind!)

If ir’s true that Boro are looking for £15m and add ons, I do think that they are being unreasonable for a player who’s England’s U21 RB and was in the Champ team of the year.

The fact that we sold Carter-Vickers with little time left on his contract to Celtic for almost £10m with add ons surely makes their price a fair one.

Last edited:
Is Spence worth the amounts being bandied about as he is unproven at PL level, we sold KWP for approx £12 mil. to the Saints , he had some PL experience and also played for England at every level ?
I'd say so, especially considering the homegrown aspect. If we think the lad is good enough to be worth bringing in to challenge for a starting spot in a Champions League side, then surely he's worth something around £15m.

Experienced CCV for £6M, KWP for £12m.
Apparently Boro wanted to sell to Forest for £10m.

This will run and run.
Probably why Levy is saying hold on a minute , how much !!
Proven full back , PL experienced & England international Trippier sold for approx. £20 mil , Boro need to revise their asking price to us downwards.

Last edited:
Spence is definitely a back up, he will not be a first team starters.

He may in time, but we're buying potential ability, not current ability.

There's a reason no other big clubs are in for him.

Spence is definitely a back up, he will not be a first team starters.

He may in time, but we're buying potential ability, not current ability.

There's a reason no other big clubs are in for him.
Dunno, I can see him starting more and more as the season goes on. Lad will be 22, he’s not a child.

Plus, probably the best league in the world to prep for the PL in terms of pace and power….is the Championship.

When do people envisage him becoming useful, mid-twenties?

Back
Top Bottom