Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Group D with Wycombe, Peterborough and Stevenage (which is where u21's play, so almost a home ground.

This tournament is against L1 and L2 mens sides so ideal experience for the u21's - and the level they might be going to if loaned out.

Yes 20 year old brother Caleb moved to Villa last summer before being loaned to Livingstone - I think gossip was we tried to lure him to Spurs.

I believe there is a younger brother playing for their u15's

Just watched some highlights, want!

With Scarlett and Devine, we have a start, get another like this guy, then we can have a “Dortmund” lite profile, like that which should have emerged under Poch (imo), stack our weak underbelly with prodigious talents… embrace loans like Chelsea.

Just watched some highlights, want!

With Scarlett and Devine, we have a start, get another like this guy, then we can have a “Dortmund” lite profile, like that which should have emerged under Poch (imo), stack our weak underbelly with prodigious talents… embrace loans like Chelsea.

I like him too - but its odd in these u19 matches that he was being played as a CM, as actually he was often playing more as a left sided AM with plenty of attacking movement.

I like him too - but its odd in these u19 matches that he was being played as a CM, as actually he was often playing more as a left sided AM with plenty of attacking movement.
That poses an issue for Gil, though he’ll be in Spain another season unless he’s got a world class private fitness/nutrition/chef team supporting his finite development room physically (would be gutted to see a chunky version sans whisp like agility).

Only saw brief clip, he just has that ‘open body’ style, like Bellingham, but more loose (though Bellingham was very similar at 16, but more dynamic).

There is clearly a larger than ever pool of players, 16-20 who can be grabbed, to make sure the post Poch slump doesn’t recur after Conte.

The draw for the group stage of the 2022/23 Papa John’s Trophy has been made, with our Development Squad placed into Southern Group D alongside Peterborough United, Stevenage and Wycombe Wanderers.

We beat Stevenage 4-3 at the Lamex Stadium in our first game of the group stage last season, but are yet to face either Peterborough or Wycombe since first entering the competition in 2017.

Our first team visited Wycombe in the FA Cup in January, 2021, running out 4-1 winners.

The draw for this season’s group stage was conducted today by Clinton Morrison and Michael Dawson, placing the 16 invited Under-21 teams from Premier League and Championship clubs into the previously-drawn groups of EFL sides.

We will face each of the other three clubs in our group away from home, with dates and ticket information to be confirmed in due course.

The competition, which gives young players a chance to test themselves competitively against senior EFL sides, is initially split into northern and southern sections, each with eight groups. The top two teams from each group will advance to the knockout stages.

That poses an issue for Gil, though he’ll be in Spain another season unless he’s got a world class private fitness/nutrition/chef team supporting his finite development room physically (would be gutted to see a chunky version sans whisp like agility).

Only saw brief clip, he just has that ‘open body’ style, like Bellingham, but more loose (though Bellingham was very similar at 16, but more dynamic).

There is clearly a larger than ever pool of players, 16-20 who can be grabbed, to make sure the post Poch slump doesn’t recur after Conte.

Chukwuemeka is almost the total opposite build to Gil though - he's all muscle and bustle with decent technique who seems ideal for PL - although only caveat really is whether he looks better than he actually is in u19's as he's more developed than others of his age,

Always been a big pool of good 18 - 20's, although it might be larger as academies are churning out more. Biggest problem is getting them good game time to develop. But set up the right environment at Spurs with a full time loan officer etc and certainly worth buying a few

I hope it's not true ...

Man United to sign Meghoma from Tottenham - Sources

Sources: Tottenham sensation Jayden Meghoma agrees to join Man United​

Tottenham sensation Jayden Meghoma has told friends he is joining Man United, Football Insider understands.

The 15-year-old left-back has yet to sign professional terms with Spurs and United are close to luring him to Old Trafford.

A recruitment source has told Football Insider that the deal is agreed in principle and Meghoma is set to sign youth terms that will be converted into a pro deal when he turns 17.

The teenager, who has come through the youth ranks at Tottenham, is an England Under-16 international and regarded as one of the most promising young talents in the country.

Haven't watched these games. Anybody have an opinion about Alex Scott?

Good prospect - very few E youth at this level at EFL clubs so one of the few we could entice to Spurs

Having said that whilst he's a decent midfielder its not a position that we are that short in with Harvey White, Jamie Bowden (both aged 20) and Alfie Devine (same age as Scott but a much better player, although plays a little more forward than Scott).

Scott has already played about 30 Championship games for Bristol City, so doubt he'd be cheap but if we did go for him I suspect we'd loan him out again to a Championship club as I don't think he's good enough at aged 18 for PL. but doubt we'd go for him

Rio Kyerematen joins Luca Gunter, Alfie Dorrington and Jamie Donley (4 of them) from next seasons Academy Year 2 in getting a pro contract - the only other top player from that year group who I think is likely to get a pro contract is probably Jaden Williams, most of the others are probably 'average' .

I'm pleased Paratici has appointed Simon Davies to help bring academy players through to first team (no doubt including loans) and he'll hopefully also get involved in recruitment as I think whilst we still get some decent youngsters joining us we could do with increasing that number - with 4 awarded pro contracts and one more likely bringing 5 pro contracts from a year group is on the low side, we could really do with say 8 or 9 per year group. And in some positions such as wing backs and AM's we are very light, we just don't seem to recruit them, or very few at best

England u19's in action today at 4:30 vs Israel.

This is last match in group so with England already qualified it maybe that Dane and Alfie are rested with other lads starting ? (just a guess though)

Scarlett rested to give Delap (son of Rory) a run out. Alfie Devine starts though

England already through. Likely to finish top of the group unless big change in goal difference

Worth commenting that getting to semi finals means England qualify for next years u20 world cup with 24 nations competing

Twitter doesn’t embed for me, presume others, so copying this here:

When getting the loans right from a young age you increase the value too. Livermore sold for £8m, Carroll £5m, Caulker £8m, Townsend £15m, Mason £13m Pritchard £8m. Now we let Edwards go for nothing apart from a sell on clause and Markanday for 500k

Twitter doesn’t embed for me, presume others, so copying this here:

When getting the loans right from a young age you increase the value too. Livermore sold for £8m, Carroll £5m, Caulker £8m, Townsend £15m, Mason £13m Pritchard £8m. Now we let Edwards go for nothing apart from a sell on clause and Markanday for 500k
The examples you give here just demonstrate how difficult the issue has become. Four or the six that you show decent fees for were full England Internationals - the other two each had plenty of U21 caps. They reached that stage partly, as you say, through good loans. But largely (I would suggest) by playing for a mid-table Premiership team called Spurs! That team doesn't exist any more - and I very much doubt that any of the players on your list would have stood a chance of playing a significant number of games for the current incarnation of Spurs.

Back
Top Bottom