Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lacazette would start games consistently though. Jesus would play one, sometimes through the middle and sometimes out wide, and then be a sub for a few games. Having a consistent run of games makes a big, big difference for most players. Even City fans were generally baffled why he wasn't being played up top and instead Guardiola would have Foden or sometimes Sterling playing through the middle, other than him trying to be too clever for his own good at times.

Jesus is better, has more potential and is 5-6 years younger than Lacazette. The latter has past his peak and the former hasn't reached his yet.

Can't believe how childish some people are

You are allowed to hold your hands up and admit when a rival is doing good business  and still be a "proper fan"

You're not going to lose your proper Tottenham fan membership card or anything

You are allowed to hold your hands up and admit when a rival is doing good business  and still be a "proper fan"

Jesus is a decent signing. Where I disagree with people is the people going overboard. He’s not scoring 25+ or probably even 20 goals for them. He will improve them slightly but with their injury prone fullbacks, mistake prone CBs, Partey always hurt and Legohead in charge.

We have nothing to worry about even with them possibly signing Raphinha.

Jesus will be lucky to get the goal output that Kulu has next season. Brazil CF withouT a goal in 3 years. Never been impressed with him in the box. He is not a natural, instinctive CF.
i Think every yid would be happy to have a score on Harry or Son to win next seasons GB.
how many gooners would have that same bet for Jesus to win GB.
Think you’d be surprised Andy

I do. Raphinha would be a decent signing for Woolwich and give depth to their RW position with Saka. I don’t particularly rate Jesus and never much have, not going to change because he is off down the road.

You can have a differing opinion all you want. But why would anyone not say that someone with almost 60 caps for Brazil is a more than decent player and signing, other than the obvious?
Hes only half decent. Simple. A lot of players have caps for countries and arent all that good. He wasnt exactly great with man city. Hes going to an inferior team.
Also so what if we denegrate a woolwich signing. Its called come here to laugh at woolwich

Lacazette would start games consistently though. Jesus would play one, sometimes through the middle and sometimes out wide, and then be a sub for a few games. Having a consistent run of games makes a big, big difference for most players. Even City fans were generally baffled why he wasn't being played up top and instead Guardiola would have Foden or sometimes Sterling playing through the middle, other than him trying to be too clever for his own good at times.

Jesus is better, has more potential and is 5-6 years younger than Lacazette. The latter has past his peak and the former hasn't reached his yet.
Fuck me mate ..just fuck off and support those cunts down the road if you dont already.

If we sold Son and Son, but kept parrott as a striker on £100k a week and then bought Jesus for £45m when’s he out of contract next year and also paid him £250k a week I would not be calling that decent business.

Time will tell if he outperforms lacazette there. There stats are very similar.

Is he a decent footballer. Yes.

Does Pep think he is the man to pin his teams striking hopes on. No. And I’d trust Pep’s football judgment more than anyone on here.

If we sold Son and Son, but kept parrott as a striker on £100k a week and then bought Jesus for £45m when’s he out of contract next year and also paid him £250k a week I would not be calling that decent business.

Time will tell if he outperforms lacazette there. There stats are very similar.

Is he a decent footballer. Yes.

Does Pep think he is the man to pin his teams striking hopes on. No. And I’d trust Pep’s football judgment more than anyone on here.
But but, arteta laid out cones for pep. He'll know how good jesus is

Jesus is a good singing, will fit them pretty well IMO

Not convinced about Vieira though at all, looks really lightweight but one for the future I guess.

The biggest takeaway from their signings is that Arteta will be looking to play a technical game like typical Woolwich under Wenger but just like typical Woolwich under Wenger they have no power and lack mentality and at times got bullied off the pitch.

Lol. I‘ll appoligie to every gooner I ever call a cunt if he gets 15+ PL goals Next season.
but I’m feeling confident. Really never rated him.
And to clarify. It’s nothing to do with how good he his or isn’t …. It’s purely to do with the gooner mentality

Theyll have him pegged as better than Kane and will lump on

Jesus is a good singing, will fit them pretty well IMO

Not convinced about Vieira though at all, looks really lightweight but one for the future I guess.

The biggest takeaway from their signings is that Arteta will be looking to play a technical game like typical Woolwich under Wenger but just like typical Woolwich under Wenger they have no power and lack mentality and at times got bullied off the pitch.

It’s a good point it’s like they are building a Wenger late period team, lots of skill but not much balls. If it goes to plan they will smash the weaker teams and get run over by the stronger ones.

If we sold Son and Son
Figure It Out What GIF by CBC

I was thinking about doing a Portuguese players thread a few weeks back which I didn't get around to but I was going to mention Vieira in it since I figured many people wouldn't be familiar with him but he's a very good player who I like(d) a lot, for some reason I kept hearing that Liverpool were close to signing him for a while so was really surprised he went to Woolwich and more than a little disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom