Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or we've finally had a full season in the new stadium.

After all Jose got @ £130m to spend.
But so far incl Bissouma and Spence these are not expensive deals . These are not stadium dependent deals , it merely illustrates these type of deals could have been done for many , many seasons. Our squad was never ready or even close to ready for pre season, in fact we usually start the season with work to do.
I am not saying you can get every player in early , but this illustrates we could of done much better over many years, as our managers requested

I find it really amusing to be honest.

In their warped universe, the fans who have been clamouring for more investment for two trophyless decades are apparently miffed that it may be happening.

While those who've been defending/ supporting the lack of investment for years are somehow meant to feel vindicated

Tonight Show Reaction GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

He said he'd build the stadium - you said "not one brick"

He said once the stadium was built, he'd start investing heavily in the team - and here we are

I think Levy/ENIC realise they can't fuck Conte around, there isn't a ton of managers with his quality.
Lesser managers wouldn't get this kind of trust and backing.
He spent big at Inter but not on old has beens and nearly all increased in value. That won’t have been lost on Levy, more you spend the more you make (on the right players not 75M on Matic coz Jose said so)

He said he'd build the stadium - you said "not one brick"

He said once the stadium was built, he'd start investing heavily in the team - and here we are
Signed three players, two first teamers for 25M. Haven’t even started investing heavily yet and quite frankly if we buy smartly, I couldn’t care less

But so far incl Bissouma and Spence these are not expensive deals . These are not stadium dependent deals , it merely illustrates these type of deals could have been done for many , many seasons. Our squad was never ready or even close to ready for pre season, in fact we usually start the season with work to do.
I am not saying you can get every player in early , but this illustrates we could of done much better over many years, as our managers requested
Absolutely our recruitment has been poor for many a year.

I don't believe that it's all on Levy.
Poch didn't want a DoF and Levy backed him in that.

Jose wanted to overhaul the squad (badly needed) but his picks turned out to be poor.

So unless you believe that Levy identifies, scouts and signs players without any input from anyone else it's not all on him.

If you do believe that then all the good players we have bought in his time are also down to him, but I don't see anyone saying "Levy did great signing player x"

Absolutely our recruitment has been poor for many a year.

I don't believe that it's all on Levy.
Poch didn't want a DoF and Levy backed him in that.

Jose wanted to overhaul the squad (badly needed) but his picks turned out to be poor.

So unless you believe that Levy identifies, scouts and signs players without any input from anyone else it's not all on him.

If you do believe that then all the good players we have bought in his time are also down to him, but I don't see anyone saying "Levy did great signing player x"
He is the CEO he dictates strategy not the manager. If he believes in a DOF he should have one, I tend to agree with him on having a DOF. . A DOF provides stability and long term continuity, as in the DOF is in position for a lengthy period, much longer than any given manager. He then works closely and long term with the CEO.
Levy has had 3 DOFs prior to Levy , none have been in place for any length of time , it would be Levy’s job to both pick and importantly retain them , he clearly failed in the latter. If you think they were no good he failed in the former. I personally thought 2 out of 3 were decent
He clearly believes in a DOF but out of 22 years has had one in place way less than 50% of the time and has never made it work long term as it is intended to work . He is the CEO buck stops with him on execution of his clearly preferred strategy
At least that is my opinion sitting on the outside , he seems to want a DOF so if a manager goes we have stability , so he needs stability with a DOF . So far he has not achieved this, I admit things currently looking very rosy in the Spurs garden, but Paratici only been with us 1 year .

Last edited:
He is the CEO he dictates strategy not the manager. If he believes in a DOF he should have one, I tend to agree with him on having a DOF. . A DOF provides stability and long term continuity, as in the DOF is in position for a lengthy period, much longer than any given manager. He then works closely and long term with the CEO.
Levy has had 3 DOFs prior to Levy , none have been in place for any length of time , it would be Levy’s job to both pick and importantly retain them , he clearly failed in the latter. If you think they were no good he failed in the former. I personally thought 2 out of 3 were decent
He clearly believes in a DOF but out of 22 years has had one in place way less than 50% of the time and has never made it work long term as it is intended to work . He is the CEO buck stops with him on execution of his clearly preferred strategy
At least that is my opinion sitting on the outside , he seems to want a DOF so if a manager goes we have stability , so he needs stability with a DOF . So far he has not achieved this, I admit things currently looking very rosy in the Spurs garden, but Paratici only been with us 1 year .
I agree with you completely re a DoF.

But he's in a no win situation.

He clearly wants a DoF, Poch didn't .
He backed Poch on that, and people blamed him for not having a DoF.

If he did appoint another DoF, and Poch walked, people would of blamed him for not backing the manager.

What happens if Conte says he doesn't want a DoF (hypothetical), does he follow his strategy and lose Conte and get slatted for it, or does he ditch Paratici and get slatted for it ?

Again people can't have it both ways, although some will slate Levy no matter what.

Either Levy is fully responsible for all the bad AND the good, or he's not.

I'd say that he is responsible for all, and the good things are not "luck" as some would have it.

The following from Woolwich Mania made me laugh

Smeghead#1: Levy is on another level, to anyone we have had on our board since Dein...got to give it to him, he knows how to improve a club...Sp**s fans hating him, prove how dumb they are. Bissouma would be perfect for them, hope it doesn't happen.

Smeghead#2: I've never got their hate for him. They were the North London West Ham prior to him taking over, now they're an established top 6 club. They've also had world class players in their team for about 10 years now. Imagine what the guy would do with more backing behind him.

The following from Woolwich Mania made me laugh

Smeghead#1: Levy is on another level, to anyone we have had on our board since Dein...got to give it to him, he knows how to improve a club...Sp**s fans hating him, prove how dumb they are. Bissouma would be perfect for them, hope it doesn't happen.

Smeghead#2: I've never got their hate for him. They were the North London West Ham prior to him taking over, now they're an established top 6 club. They've also had world class players in their team for about 10 years now. Imagine what the guy would do with more backing behind him.
1st guy is spot on.

1st guy is spot on.

They're both fucking spot on!

Plenty other fans see beyond the mass hysteria and understand where we've come from under ENIC and where they've taken us to...

It's fashionable to hate ENIC though because all the cool kids on Twitter do it...it's literally become a meme.

They're both fucking spot on!

Plenty other fans see beyond the mass hysteria and understand where we've come from under ENIC and where they've taken us to...

It's fashionable to hate ENIC though because all the cool kids on Twitter do it...it's literally become a meme.
Fantastic I’m one of the cool kids , taken 60 years to be a cool kid but I got there . I can’t wait for the next school reunion , just hope I’m not the only one still alive or eating solid food

Back
Top Bottom