Come here to laugh at Gooners

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Indeed it is; vastly so......

You often say this kind of thing to me, but no; you'd be wrong..... You should know by now that I don't leap to judgement of our players and aam more than happy to afford them time on either end of the scale.

BG: Kid has something about him IMO..... My thought's haven't changed on that front.

He has next to nothing about him in mine. He can look lively and tidy on the ball at times but his lack of any sort of end product at 21 is pretty alarming. Definitely never see him making much of an impact in the Premier League unless he toughens up and improves a lot.

But a centre-forward playing for City who as a team averages between 64%-69% possession (depending on who is compiling the stats) and as a consequence creates more big chances (nearly a thousand in the PL last year) his numbers are shit.

Yes, City play with a fluid attack, with a variety of players interchanging, so chances/goals are spread across the team more than most other teams, but I strongly suspect this is as a consequence of having Jesus. When Aguero's hammies finally gave up the ghost they've been forced into playing this way. Watch them play differently this season with Haaland in the team, they've been targeting a striker for a couple of seasons now, because they have Jesus, he doesn't add anything unique to the team.

FWLAwC0WYAAFpbI

Woolwich struggles to create chances, individually he's not a big chance creator, just as individually he's not a prolific goalscorer. If his performances mirror that of his City performances then it's doubtful whether he'll get into double figures for goals.

Imagine paying £45m and £16m per year in wages for Maupay or Benteke!!!
He's someone City have been trying to upgrade upon from the moment they realized he wasn't good enough for them. He had the chance to be THE guy after Aguero left but clearly didn't rise to the occasion and now we've had two summers of City searching for an actual solution (which they've obviously now found).

He's not an awful player for sure, but he's posted fairly modest numbers for a side the creates chances for fun.

Now of course he makes them better because their current #1 option was Eddie f'ing Nketiah who has scored a grand total of 10 league goals in 59 appearances. So yes, he makes them better, almost by default.

Maybe I'll be proved wrong but Jesus just isn't a signing that scares me. It's a lot of money for an "alright" player who is just better than the absolute rubbish they currently have.

Think Viera and Jesus are two very good signings for them all things considered. Jesus is a much better player than Lacazatte, and Viera from what bit I've seen of him has a lot of potential. If they also get Raphina you have to say that they will already have had a very good summer window.
Raphinha and Jesus are good players and probably improvements on the crap theyve got. Dont even know who this Viera is.

Now of course he makes them better because their current #1 option was Eddie f'ing Nketiah who has scored a grand total of 10 league goals in 59 appearances. So yes, he makes them better, almost by default.
Yeah, but since Jesus is a 1 in 3 man he'd only have scored an extra 10 goals in those games...

Raphinha and Jesus are good players and probably improvements on the crap theyve got. Dont even know who this Viera is.

He's a player with potential. Nothing wrong with those kind of signings as long as you're also signing some proven players. Sometimes gambles pay off, sometimes they don't.

Jesus and Raphina would be very good signings for most clubs, in my opinion. Especially for any club not in the Champions League.

“0 saves”?

So he is comparable to Harry Kane on one account…..:freund::vdvcry:

harrykanegoalkeeper-tottenhamhotspur.gif
I backed Spurs to win 5-0 in this game, and they were winning 5-0 before this free-kick in the 89th minute. I remember getting a bit edgy as the player lined up to take free-kick (come on Harry, don't let me down...).
Spurs 5 (Kane 3, Lamela 2) - Asteras Tripolis 1 (Jeronimo Barrales)

Back
Top Bottom