Tanguy Ndombele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When he was at Lyon they consistently placed in top 3/4 of the French league and he played well for Lyon hence all the hype around him and our unfortunate signing

Yeah, but nobody should ever get too excited about someone doing well in France or Netherlands etc.

Ndombele is gifted enough ability wise, but he'll never have the stamina or the attitude to be anything more than a moments player.

The frustrating thing for me is that we've seen glimpses of a player there. Could you imagine if him and Alli had performed at their best.

Arguably Bentacur might not have been signed.

Take the loss on him, get his wages off the books and move on. Another Hitchens horror show.

Never compare him to Dele, Dele was a great player of this club. It just went wrong towards the end. He ran his bollocks off for this team to the point that it probably ruined his hamstrings.

Ndombele is another Taraabt. Just a chancer. Limited players like Palacios will be remembered with much more fondness than him because they actually gave a fuck.

Last edited:
Professional footballer in 'football training on a sunny day' shocker
Fool needs to read that twitter thread with Emerson yesterday about how despite really high training metrics Conte was digging him out. Went out did even more crawled out Conte says yes Emerson that's what I want. Emerson Royale, a boy with one tenth the footballing ability of N'dombele but 100x the desire commitment and willingness to earn his wages. One is already a cult hero the others just a cu..!!!!!

Fool needs to read that twitter thread with Emerson yesterday about how despite really high training metrics Conte was digging him out. Went out did even more crawled out Conte says yes Emerson that's what I want. Emerson Royale, a boy with one tenth the footballing ability of N'dombele but 100x the desire commitment and willingness to earn his wages. One is already a cult hero the others just a cu..!!!!!
Simeone is a maniac like this too. He nearly killed Trippier with the intensity of the training sessions.

So all that hard work won't go to waste. And playing RB for Atletico will suit Emerson far more than playing RWB for us.

Have to admit there's a part of me that always goes "what if he really has changed". Even though I know it's nearly impossible.

I'm very weird about unfulfilled potential.

To expand on my post a bit...

He is EXACTLY the player I'd want next to Bissouma stylistically speaking. In our 0-0 against Chelsea under Mourinho, he was so so good against Kante, I've never seen Kante have so much trouble tackling a player. His ability to twist out of press and then find a decent pass is fantastic.

... but then you remember all the fucking bullshit he put us through. Despite Poch's best efforts, and Mourinho breaking covid rules to help him, he never got fit enough. Never once lasted past 60/70 mins. Reacted poorly to criticism too, when prompted by a journalist to credit Mou for helping him to get fit and get starts, he instead sugggested that he just needed a bit of game time to get up to fitness and show his best.

If he was willing to do... say 70% of the running and tackling of PEH, he'd be world class. Vain hope I guess.

To expand on my post a bit...

He is EXACTLY the player I'd want next to Bissouma stylistically speaking. In our 0-0 against Chelsea under Mourinho, he was so so good against Kante, I've never seen Kante have so much trouble tackling a player. His ability to twist out of press and then find a decent pass is fantastic.

... but then you remember all the fucking bullshit he put us through. Despite Poch's best efforts, and Mourinho breaking covid rules to help him, he never got fit enough. Never once lasted past 60/70 mins. Reacted poorly to criticism too, when prompted by a journalist to credit Mou for helping him to get fit and get starts, he instead sugggested that he just needed a bit of game time to get up to fitness and show his best.

If he was willing to do... say 70% of the running and tackling of PEH, he'd be world class. Vain hope I guess.
TBF, if he was a beast for 60/70 minutes, I'd be inclined to keep him, with the 5 subs rule being introduced. However, he hasn't even shown 6/7 minutes real effort when he has played.
Such a waste of talent.

Move on. He will be another Ben harfa and balotelli style of career. He’s done DONE
the games at a stage where the individuals are being made obsolete. city play with 6 #10s, but they all work like dogs when they haven't got the ball. 15 years ago they would of had the luxury of not having much work to do when not in possession.

if the top playmaker in the league (kdb) is working hard out of possession, then absolutely no one in the league should have the audacity to think they are too good to not work hard out of possession.

the way ndombele casually strolled off the pitch that time tells you everything you need to know about his values etc.

the games at a stage where the individuals are being made obsolete. city play with 6 #10s, but they all work like dogs when they haven't got the ball. 15 years ago they would of had the luxury of not having much work to do when not in possession.

if the top playmaker in the league (kdb) is working hard out of possession, then absolutely no one in the league should have the audacity to think they are too good to not work hard out of possession.

the way ndombele casually strolled off the pitch that time tells you everything you need to know about his values etc.
He’s a lazy cunt. Fuck him

As much as he pissed me off, I'd be fine with him coming on for 30 mins when we needed a game changer if he proves he's learned some humility (he should have, being snubbed by his previous club) and if he is now really pushing himself.

I, like most of you, have major reservations.

Back
Top Bottom