Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Looks like MM from the Boys in that photo
Let’s hope he doesn’t get covered in cum

Nervous Episode 1 GIF by The Office

One thing that is clear in something we have missed for awhile is the way he scores headers, comnding in the air and attacks with purpose and strength.

I know Kane scores headers too, but he is diff to the Rich's attacking intensity.
I would say Kane was like this until about 25. But the ankle injuries really hurt his explosiveness and movement. Luckily he has brilliant technique to make up for what he’s lost, but I’ve no doubt he’d be considered the worlds best striker if he still had that fox In the box ability of his early days.

Would I be wrong in assuming that should we sign Bremer, Dier doesn't just slot over to the left? He's right footed but I seem to only remember him playing on the left when we've played a 2 CB system and Dier would seem to be higher up the pecking order than Davies.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with Davies starting out at LCB as he was fantastic in the run-in last season, just thinking out loud here.

Would I be wrong in assuming that should we sign Bremer, Dier doesn't just slot over to the left? He's right footed but I seem to only remember him playing on the left when we've played a 2 CB system and Dier would seem to be higher up the pecking order than Davies.

Mind you, I don't have a problem with Davies starting out at LCB as he was fantastic in the run-in last season, just thinking out loud here.
Don't know about Bremer, but you're absolutely correct on Dier.
There's no way he can play consistently as a LCB, pace being an issue.

It's similar to people on here who seem obsessed with turning a wide attacking midfielder (Kulu, Traore, etc) into a wing back.
It's not going to happen successfully, or at least it'll be extremely unlikely.

Lenglet, if signed, is quite likely to be the competition for Davies at LCB

Rumoured we are getting a 2nd CB, and if that's Bremer I assume he's cover both Dier and Romero as he's right footed, as well as Sanchez providing cover.

With a month shorter season (due to world cup in middle) frequency of games will be greater such that there will be a lot more rotation of players including CB's.

Still unclear which CB leaves if we do sign 2 CB's, probably Rodon ?

I would say Kane was like this until about 25. But the ankle injuries really hurt his explosiveness and movement. Luckily he has brilliant technique to make up for what he’s lost, but I’ve no doubt he’d be considered the worlds best striker if he still had that fox In the box ability of his early days.
I feel like he also put on a lot of upper body mass to the detriment of his agility, endurance and leap.

If you compare 2016 Kane to today's Kane, you can clearly see the former was a bit slimmer and leaner.

Rumoured we are getting a 2nd CB, and if that's Bremer I assume he's cover both Dier and Romero as he's right footed, as well as Sanchez providing cover.

With a month shorter season (due to world cup in middle) frequency of games will be greater such that there will be a lot more rotation of players including CB's.

For CBs, fatigue is not as big a worry, injury is the real worry.

Attack, midfield and WBs is where the rotation is really needed.

Eriksen would be cheaper as he would be free but Eriksens wages would be way bigger. I wouldn’t say no to Tielemans if we got him if that’s what Conte wants but I don’t think he starts most games. But we do need quality depth and he would be way more quality than Winks.

Also mostly I just want him know because it would be another signing Woolwich miss out on :levylol::levylol:
Eriksen is a lot better IMHO

I think we've done some excellent business in this transfer window (even so far).

We've got plenty of experience in the squad for CL matches and don't really need to holdback/fear playing anyone in the PL, after all we did well against City and Liverpool last season during head to head matches, and that was prior to strengthening.

COYS

I suspect you'll be banned by the end of the day.
One thing no one likes on here is trolls.

The very, very simple fact, is we are not signing your man crush. This forum nor you have any say in the matter so stop whining about it.
You claim to be a Spurs fan. Go and be a Spurs fan. Talk about other things other than Raphinha or your fairly obvious hatred of Richarlison.
I suspect you don't have much else to talk about.
Barca properly whoring every orifice they have , i hope this means they can buy Raphina now ;) .... 10% for 25 years :levyeyes:

This is so dumb of Barca, business wise, to commit away 25 years worth of a probably growing revenue stream like that. I guess it could be capped? Anyway, they probably feel it is necessary to have cash now given the mess they’ve got themselves in but i suspect they will use it to continue as before and just get in more mess down the line. Terrible mismanagement. Glad not my club.

Lenglet will definitely be cover for (or in place of) Davies. My thought was more-so that Romero and Bremer (if signed) would be our clear cut top two CB. After that, Dier would likely be 3rd and he has LCB experience.

Does Conte relegate him to the bench because his preferred position of the middle CB in a 3 is taken or does he slot Dier into that LCB role to play our best 3 CB's?

This is mainly a question for the beginning of the season should Bremer be on his way here.

For CBs, fatigue is not as big a worry, injury is the real worry.

Attack, midfield and WBs is where the rotation is really needed.

If we are getting 2 new CB's, we are going to need to play them at some time though ?

Agreed its a position where players do not get as physically fatigued, but it looks like we will end up with 6 CB's for 3 positions, which suggests regular rotation.

Selling future revenue to buy depreciating assets. This is like taking out of your retirement account to buy a couple sports cars.
More like taking out a second mortgage to buy a couple of sports cars, and that's much, much worse. At least if you're dipping into your retirement account you've already got the money...

Lenglet will definitely be cover for (or in place of) Davies. My thought was more-so that Romero and Bremer (if signed) would be our clear cut top two CB. After that, Dier would likely be 3rd and he has LCB experience.

Does Conte relegate him to the bench because his preferred position of the middle CB in a 3 is taken or does he slot Dier into that LCB role to play our best 3 CB's?

This is mainly a question for the beginning of the season should Bremer be on his way here.

Difficult call but atm Dier seems to lead/organise the defence. Whilst Romero seems the best CB.

So if its Bremer coming in I think it will need to be those 3 sharing those positions ..... but its not clear atm if Sanchez is staying or leaving, and if staying I assume he plays sometimes.

Until we see sales not sure how we can guess the rotation plan

Back
Top Bottom