Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

God this strange; getting good business done early. Paratici signings thus far have been stellar. Remember when we had that bloke Hitchen?
No No No GIF

Big balls to Tielemans. Also doesn’t bring anything we don’t already have in the Cm area

I'd suggest Tielemans is better offensively (goals./assists long range shooting etc) than our cm's but weaker defensively - so better played in a CM3 than a CM2, which means Conte changing formation to use him to 352 but it gives Spurs opposition a different problem to solve

We will need to see the putvone of this quote astonishing expenditure but by next season this will no longer be Pochettino's team.

It is a complete (nearly complete) revolution.

A dominant central defender and a powerhouse midfielder away from being right in the mix. No question for me.

The likes of Richarlison, Spence and Perisic ain't coming to finish 5th and 6th.

Without any doubt all Kane and Son will be looking at getting new contracts and if Sessegnon is also offered a new deal it will tell you everything about how much Conte rates him. If not then hmmmm.....

Amazing stuff but definitely in part to do with Newcastle and the next dirty rich thief that enters the PL. And 5 subs.

God this strange; getting good business done early. Paratici signings thus far have been stellar. Remember when we had that bloke Hitchen?
Recruiting Paratici was a very good move by Levy. Levy is good at fucking about with his property portfolios, as long as he keeps his input to transfer negotiation to a minimum then I don't mind him so much.

Seems like his expertise is more geared towards company/organisation finances rather than assessing how to do deals with footballs/agents etc etc.

At least we have a dude on the side now (Paratici) who knows how to play the game far better than Levy/Hitchens, We now have arguably the best manager in Europe and a team that' looking better and better as time goes on.

I'm well aware some supporters have the opinion that we (Levy) wasted money on the new stadium. Which we/he may well have done but Paratici and Conte might make it all worth while.

We have a stadium, DOF, a team manager, and players ie Kane/Son/Loris that most other teams in Europe can only dream of.

COYS

Long season... Prem/Cups/CL + 5 subs + injuries + world cup.

Being able to keep everyone prime, fit and at high energy levels is essential.

More chance of success, overall.

This has been the whole philosophy of our transfer window thus far.

Not just about tactics, formations or fitting players together as a staring eleven, we now almost need to think about a starting sixteen such is the way five subs needs to be accommodated?

I can't wait for deadline day. Watching fans of other teams sitting there believing every story about who they are going to sign, only to end up with no one.
That's how it's been for us for a few years but this time we will have a settled squad and not have to rely on last minute desperate signings just to keep the fans happy..

Met him in an airport after one of the preseason venues long before I joined SC. Little bloke. Told me who he was. I looked at him quizzically and told him he didn’t look like either.

I was banned almost immediately after joining years later.

I used to get ITK info from a friend who worked from Spurs in the marketing area. He would give me some info usually a couple of days in advance relating to transfers ( but other things too) on the condition that I never pass it on. I remember getting wind of the Alex Morgan loan deal a few days ahead of time but no-one on their site mentioned it. Yeah, it’s women’s football but Morgan is a big deal. She has more Twitter fans and a deeper social media presence than Spurs and it kinda came out of the blue — unless you were true ITK. Similarly, he told me about the Vinicius loan several days ahead of the press getting it. At that point, I realized the difference between a chancer following press conjecture and someone who really did get useful snippets. I think there might be one poster over there that I actually trust is getting real snippets.
This sounds exactly as I imagine so I will completely trust the rest of your post.

:levystare:

I can't wait for deadline day. Watching fans of other teams sitting there believing every story about who they are going to sign, only to end up with no one.
That's how it's been for us for a few years but this time we will have a settled squad and not have to rely on last minute desperate signings just to keep the fans happy..
Should have been like that last 10 years really for us. Not pinning our season on one signing at deadline day to define our season. Conte and patarici have it all under control. Let levy sought the concerts and do a bit of accounts work.

The kid is the nuts, the Don could do a lot worse. For say 23-30 mil just twenty five years old and PL proven. Conte would kick out any bad habits that Rogers has given him.

No doubt about his skills, but just fit the profile of player we've been targeting this window.

Curious to see if these rumors gather any momentum

Back
Top Bottom