Djed Spence

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Boro - we want £15m
Spurs - what about £8m
Boro - we want £15m
Spurs - what about £8.5m
Boro - we want £15m
Spurs - what about £9m
Boro - we want £15m
Spurs £10m and some cheese?
Boro - £15m
Spurs £10m, some cheese and a pint of "one of our own" every time you're here
Boro £15m
Spurs £5m and Winks
Boro £15m and Winks
Spurs - thinking about it.
Winks - I'm scared of the north of England
Spurs - Ok Boro, £15m, go on then

Boro - we want £15m
Spurs - what about £8m
Boro - we want £15m
Spurs - what about £8.5m
Boro - we want £15m
Spurs - what about £9m
Boro - we want £15m
Spurs £10m and some cheese?
Boro - £15m
Spurs £10m, some cheese and a pint of "one of our own" every time you're here
Boro £15m
Spurs £5m and Winks
Boro £15m and Winks
Spurs - thinking about it.
Winks - I'm scared of the north of England
Spurs - Ok Boro, £15m, go on then

Actually no.

Boro: We want £20m
Spurs: £10m
Boro: £20m or fuck off
Spurs: £10m plus addons?
Boro: £20m you bald cunt
Spurs: £15m plus addons
Boro: Ok

It’s called negotiating.

Actually no.

Boro: We want £20m
Spurs: £10m
Boro: £20m or fuck off
Spurs: £10m plus addons?
Boro: £20m you bald cunt
Spurs: £15m plus addons
Boro: Ok

It’s called negotiating.

Not to mention the fact they started off quoting Forest 15; only to then demand 25 from us cos we're richer.

Last edited:

Levy being Levy. In the thread he says a new bid not expected today and we remain apart in valuation. Either ends with us shaving a few pennies off, or 'boro losing patience, at worst a Berahino situation. Levy is famously stubborn and I fear has got a bee in his bonnet about this deal. If the price quoted is higher than quoted to Forest, you can imagine he wouldn't accept that.

But if Spence really is the top RWB target, and we need him for our home grown quota, surely we should be willing to pay up, rather than risk the deal, especially if we are only one or two million apart.

Last edited:

Levy being Levy. In the thread he says a new bid not expected today and we remain apart in valuation. Either ends with us shaving a few pennies off, or 'boro losing patience, at worst a Berahino situation. Levy is famously stubborn and I fear has got a bee in his bonnet about this deal. If the price quoted is higher than quoted to Forest, you can imagine he wouldn't accept that.

But if Spence really is the top RWB target, and we need him for our home grown quota, surely we should be willing to pay up, rather than risk the deal, especially if we are only one or two million apart.

We need this signing for the HG quota and of course Middlesbrough will be well aware of that, so no surprise they're negotiating hard.

What the fuck does this Journo know about the deal

Having watched us pull this with Sessegnon which went all summer and to no obvious saving in the fee and then watch him take two and a half years to settle, I do hope we get Spence in in the next week.

Announce DJ Ed with a banging tune please.
GIF by Great Big Story

The 21-year-old is set to undergo a medical with the Premier League side as he looks to finalise a transfer from Championship club Middlesbrough.

The fee involved is believed to be in the region of around £15-16million when add-ons are included. If, or as now seems likely when, the deal goes through it will see Spence take his place in a top-four side that is preparing for a return to the Champions League this coming season.

My dad and son are forest fans so I watched them a lot last season, spence was very impressive. Small things such as always getting a throw in or a corner if he can’t get a cross in. Shit that royal and sess can’t seem to grasp. Definitely worth 15 million.
Also in relation to the jump from championship to PL , where does the championship relate against European leagues? I’d put it higher thann the French and Portuguese and probably on a par with the bundesliga.

My dad and son are forest fans so I watched them a lot last season, spence was very impressive. Small things such as always getting a throw in or a corner if he can’t get a cross in. Shit that royal and sess can’t seem to grasp. Definitely worth 15 million.
Also in relation to the jump from championship to PL , where does the championship relate against European leagues? I’d put it higher thann the French and Portuguese and probably on a par with the bundesliga.
Tough comparison to make tbf.

Most teams in La Liga, Ligue 1 and the Bundesliga are Championship-level.

The PL is just a totally different beast. With polishing he looks like he could be very, very good though.

Back
Top Bottom