New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can anyone reliably (IE, factually) explain the business model for hosting 3rd party events?
IE, who takes what from the event? Act, promotion company, tickets, food and drink etc.

Can anyone reliably (IE, factually) explain the business model for hosting 3rd party events?
IE, who takes what from the event? Act, promotion company, tickets, food and drink etc.
No idea of the full details but I think (???) it's along these lines.

Spurs get a rental fee and food and drink.

All ticket sales, merchandise etc go to promotion company/artists etc.

I can imagine these kind of events are a nightmare to negotiate. Everyone wants the most money. I was always under the impression that musicians tend to make the most money from touring as well. IE, they make more from that than album sales and royalties, not more than other attractions.

60K x £20 food/drink….. plus say £1M rental? Perhaps £2.2M in total

I can imagine these kind of events are a nightmare to negotiate. Everyone wants the most money. I was always under the impression that musicians tend to make the most money from touring as well. IE, they make more from that than album sales and royalties, not more than other attractions.
That definitely always used to be the case as the artist got all money from live shows, less expenses obviously.

These days with downloading etc, the record companies get a slice of live shows monies

On Friday, it seemed to me that those with standing pitch tickets had a separate queue to get in.

When I was inside (seating tickets) I could see the front of that queue and there was two people not just handing out the wristbands required to get down on the pitch, but actually spending time putting a wristband on each invidivual. For a queue of around 5k people.

I walked past again about 20mins later and the queue didn’t seem to have shifted at all.
On my next walk past, it was gone.
I reckon someone with half a brain decided to just hand out the wristbands and let people put them on themselves. Finally.

On Friday, it seemed to me that those with standing pitch tickets had a separate queue to get in.

When I was inside (seating tickets) I could see the front of that queue and there was two people not just handing out the wristbands required to get down on the pitch, but actually spending time putting a wristband on each invidivual. For a queue of around 5k people.

I walked past again about 20mins later and the queue didn’t seem to have shifted at all.
On my next walk past, it was gone.
I reckon someone with half a brain decided to just hand out the wristbands and let people put them on themselves. Finally.
Yeah was only gate 18 I think,They ended up opening the doors next to the turnstiles and marking ticket's but they was still putting on the wristbands for everyone

Has there been this problem at any of the other events at the new stadium, or was GnR a one off ?
Not sure haven't heard anything about the boxing etc, just weird how they set out the entering the stadium which usually is quick to get in and Friday you had to que zig zaging around barriers to get to the turnstiles

Mate went yesterday said it was great other than the band turning up late (which is to be expected), seems Friday was the bad day.

There's no WAY that would hold 1million people ... It's TINY!!
The bloke with the hat takes up most of the top tier on his own!!!!
Stoopid Smurf stadium!
:pocheyes:
He obviously went to the Derek Zoolander Center For Kids Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too.

Not sure haven't heard anything about the boxing etc, just weird how they set out the entering the stadium which usually is quick to get in and Friday you had to que zig zaging around barriers to get to the turnstiles
Is there a higher capacity for events? 75% of seats (45K) plus standing / pitch (25K?)

Back
Top Bottom