Summer 2022 Transfer Thread.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I absolutely despise speculative Tweets from newspapers that hint at an arrest as an invitation for speculation.

It’s so fucking irresponsible.
People dont realize that having a big platform also means you have a responsibility to watch what you say as it goes out to countless people, most of whom wont bother to verify and assume its true because its coming from a big name.

Pretty damn gruelling then. Got to be a weeks recovery

He's not flying in one of these you know?

160727135306-iconic-aircraft-bleriot-xi-57341758.jpg

Barca just announced the signings of Kessie and Christensen, so they are kinda back in action. But I can't see them being linked with any Spurs targets anyway. Well, maybe apart from Raphinha, but who knows where he would end up and if Spurs would have pursued him after getting Richarlison...

We are really growing a fantastic squad here with the inevitable arrivals of Lenglet and Spence shortly. Does anyone seriously think we can challenge the league? Initially i was thinking no chance, but why not? We got a fantastic manager. Building a brilliant squad to compete. We have Kane and Son. I honestly think we can challenge City and Liverpool

If Bremer comes in and we secure another AM I'd say yes.

I absolutely despise speculative Tweets from newspapers that hint at an arrest as an invitation for speculation.

It’s so fucking irresponsible.

It’s starts with the papers first and without them none of this happens. There should be some better laws around it.

They could just not report and wait until the verdict then report the full story but instead they report part of the story but hold back the name but give clues.

They are doing the equivalent of ‘’I know something you don’t know’’. In to that speculation is inevitable.

Are you just guessing or do you have info about him?
If you are just guessing I would recommend that you delete that message (and I will delete my reply).
It’s just a joke. Apparently, partey switched his religion last month and changed his name to Yakubu.

Publishing that it’s a PL player but then narrowing it down to “late 20s” “north London” and “World Cup player” is just stupidly irresponsible.

Not sure about that from Murphy. It does poss a question though, both Eriksen and Fernandes are not strong defensively, I think they would be good going forward with both on the pitch but United could also fold like a house of cards unless they have 1-2 really dominate midfielders behind them.

If ten Haag played them in a starting eleven in a PL game, he wouldn't do that a second time.

They both have the defensive ability of a used tea bag.

Flown first class to the US and jet lag is no better. The direction of travel is the killer. Can fly to the US in cattle class for 11 hours and be fine.
Come home first class, few drinks, sleep in a bed, fucked for 2 days.

I fly between the UK & US two or three times a year and have done for over fifteen years.

If you prepare poorly (insufficient sleep prep), as well as poor hydration and poor diet before the flight then you will suffer. Otherwise you may be just an unfit fat git.

Being a pro footballer or being sport fit is totally different. Don't believe me then look to the MLS, NHL, NBA or MLB where players fly most weeks, possibly not the miles but they often fly through three different time zones.

The end of the day, it's about preparation and fitness and little to do with time in the air, or length of flight.

Really curious what formation Ten Haag will play. He's got to fit in Bruno and Eriksen. Ronaldo (maybe) leaving means their current CF options are Rashford and Martial? Even if FdJ comes, he still has McT and Fred to pick from for DM.

It's still such a poorly constructed squad.

Allow me to redirect you to where you need to be at:

No I'm not, it's a fact.

In the context of what I have said, it is waffle....

Peak Messi was a "rarer" and therefor higher priced commodity than KDB.... So what?

........He's a better keeper than Lloris?

How far are you prepared to stretch this obstinate take on players positions?

KDB is one in a million, a 100m+ valued player who wins you league titles, a player any team in the world would sign if available. Bentancur & Hojbjerg are not. KDB is better. I don't give a rats arse about positional suitability.

KDB is worth 100m therefor he can do any job he likes to a world class level?

Your angle here has about as much sophistication as a game of junior TopTrumps......

Star rating 100 = WINS.

Come on fella; you're better than that.

It's really that simple, not gonna waste energy on arguing it any longer .. because christ, if opposition fans took a look over at a Spurs forum and saw us 'debating' whether Rodri/KDB/Silva is better than our midfield or not, they'd probably (rightfully) piss themselves laughing.

I said it was a stupid debate BEFORE you did, ffs........ Much like the 'Chavs have better attackers' wormhole you dragged me down the other day; in your over-eagerness to appear objective you're kicking back against a point I'm not debating.

Back
Top Bottom